The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Jack was the last sacred blossom. He was me and you.. Leeds, West Ham, the lot. I'm a musician, this is Little Mix vs Velvet Underground. This transfer is the death of football. If it can happen to him, It'll happen to anyone. We're a bigger club than City. We're a bigger club than Chelsea Just a shame Jack didn't see that. I'd die for Villa. Shame Jack doesn't see Villa is worth more than anything. The admiration of AVFC is worth more than a trinket.

Are you drunk?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, El Zen said:

At least there was some expression of emotion from Messi.

Jack looked more upset being subbed off just before full time and 2-0 up than he was when leaving the club after 20 years. 

I think that is because Jack decided he needed to leave and Messi didn't want to go. Different circumstances. Purslow said it was very emotional when Jack told him, but he's not going to hold a press conference and sob when he is still in the prime of his career. That would be a bit odd! 

I think for Grealish at City it could go several ways

They give him an attacking role either on the left wing or as No.10, and he plays for them as he played for us, but because they have more of the ball and he will have better players around him, more chances will be created for him, and the other players will score more of the chances that he creates, so he will score more goals and assist more chances than he would with us, and become even more highly rated than he is now.

They use him as a No.8 as has been suggested, in that role I think he'd do okay, a team like City can afford to play him there, but I don't think he'd be a standout player playing there, just a steady decent performer, similar to how Barry and Milner were for them, would kind of be a waste of his attacking talents.

It's hard to see a scenario where it goes wrong for him, he hasn't been bad playing for England far from it, but has been nowhere as good as when he played for us, seems for England he more scared to try things because he feels more obliged to pass to the better players around him, if he's like that for Man City, he might do okay, but you probably won't see the same Grealish for them as you've seen for us, which with their squad would obviously put his place in the starting eleven in jeopardy.

Of those scenarios I think the first is probably most likely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

I think that is because Jack decided he needed to leave and Messi didn't want to go. Different circumstances. Purslow said it was very emotional when Jack told him, but he's not going to hold a press conference and sob when he is still in the prime of his career. That would be a bit odd! 

I still feel Jack’s farewell was lacking in emotion. Not that it matters, but he’s probably not quite aware of the significance of it all. That’s fine, of course, but don’t then turn around and pretend to be one of us. That ship has forever sailed. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Does he think he’ll become a superstar ? From what I’ve seen and read he’s in awe. He seems grounded enough not to think he’s going to be the main man at city . The team is littered with top top players .He’s not going there to bang in 20 goals a season . He’s going there to be part of a team that wins major honours regularly. Talisman is often directed at players who play for lesser teams which was the case when he was at villa . He’s playing with the big boys now.

Lionel Messi has been the Barcelona talisman through winning just about everything there is to win.

Lewandowski, Ronaldo are often referred to as Talismen.

Talisman is usually directed at the most important player in the team, be it a big team or a lesser team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

Tbh he looked out of his depth. I think he’ll flop. 

He will flop because Pep will coach everything that made him special out of him

He has already lost his appeal to neutrals, the Mr Aston Villa was a really big thing 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

Lionel Messi has been the Barcelona talisman through winning just about everything there is to win.

Lewandowski, Ronaldo are often referred to as Talismen.

Talisman is usually directed at the most important player in the team, be it a big team or a lesser team.

Never heard of them 

• Haha 3

I don’t think it will be too long before he realises what he’s sacrificed. Must be a wrench to see your image being removed from the North Stand, not having the fans adore you and having to adapt your style of play to become another cog in a well oiled machine. 

I don’t doubt his talent but I do think if he will struggle to live up to the hype if he has a slow start to the season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I don’t think it will be too long before he realises what he’s sacrificed. Must be a wrench to see your image being removed from the North Stand, not having the fans adore you and having to adapt your style of play to become another cog in a well oiled machine. 

I don’t doubt his talent but I do think if he will struggle to live up to the hype if he has a slow start to the season.

I bet he's full of regret as he watches us sign Man Utd reserve players on loan

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Both examples signed as backup so I'd say it's exactly the same....

No, they're not.

One is a 3rd choice goalkeeper who will never get a game unless it's for sympathy.

The other is loaning a bigger clubs player who will make appearances throughout the season, but only serves to develop him for them.

Do you think Man City would loan a Man Utd player for 12 months?

1 hour ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

No, they're not.

One is a 3rd choice goalkeeper who will never get a game unless it's for sympathy.

The other is loaning a bigger clubs player who will make appearances throughout the season, but only serves to develop him for them.

Do you think Man City would loan a Man Utd player for 12 months?

Man Utd loaned Falcao and Ibrahimovic 

20 minutes ago, Thug said:

Man Utd loaned Falcao and Ibrahimovic 

Falcao yes because Monaco wanted to shift his wages. 

Ibra you’re wrong they signed him.

25 minutes ago, jim said:

Falcao yes because Monaco wanted to shift his wages. 

Ibra you’re wrong they signed him.

indeed you are right.

Ok, how about Chelsea loaned Higuain?

The point is not all loans are for development purposes.

Tuanzebe at 23 is coming in and not likely to be a first teamer.  He is providing cover.   He's not likely to get a lot of playing time, so he would have been better of going somewhere else for "development".

Maybe our first choice targets were not available and there's hope they would be available next year?  Maybe we see some promise in our youth and don't want to take on another pro on a 4-5 year deal?  

Maybe he is someone we are interested in bringing in long term, but have doubts about his injury record and would like to take an insurance policy against that?

Both Falcao and Higuain were failures.  Imagine if Man U or Chelsea had forked out some crazy transfer fees for either and were lumbered with their contracts?

There's so much more to a loan than just getting someone's youngsters in to develop them.  

This loan makes sense for Man Utd and for Aston Villa.  The one person I'm surprised accepted this move is the player himself. 

But most of all, I doubt Jack Grealish will look at the loan transfer of a 3rd/4th choice centre back and think "my god, am I glad I left." which was the original point being made.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They have got a welcoming ceremony for Grealish tomorrow. How many would you expect to turn up for your 100m record breaker . 

On a Monday during the school holidays? 

Tells you what they see in him, the future generation of city fans 

Edited by villa4europe

Â