The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Well considering he is having a Man City medical tomorrow they betty hurry the f*** up.

They've been having a medical for days so I'm not convinced that is true plus they arent going to be like a doctors surgery and say whoops you missed your doctors appointment no deal.  If he asks for more time, he'll get it.

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

They are a Villa family from generations back, I'd hope the info is correct Ginge as its the most powerful tool we have to persuade him to stay.

He obviously wants to go or he wouldn't be going. Even if his family are trying to persuade him to stay he still wants to go. 

Dont think I'd want him here on that basis.

Time to move on

23 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

So they spoke to our player and agreed terms with him months ago.

Tapping up........

Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

This could be 200m by the NWSE finish with them.

We did the same to Buendia according to this source.

1 minute ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

The small, sane part of my brain is telling me that the Ings signing is the final evidence that Grealish is gone.

The large, insane part of my brain keeps thinking about this tweet from a few days ago and hoping it's true.

Please Nadia, don't be another CJ Bellend.

That tweet is 99.9% bollocks like they all are, but if on the off chance it's true then I'd rather Grealish left. He's one player, he's not greater than the team and it's not up to him to dictate things to that extent. If his head was really that big I'd take the money and run. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I cant imagine being a Villa fan, being the star of the team, the captain, hopefully fighting for top 8/ top 6, everything I dreamed about since I was a child.  The club is being run well, we are on the dramatic rise, great owners, the manager loves me, I'm the best paid, I play for my country.  The club are bringing in quality after quality into the club and for some reason I want to leave.  I understand all the City reasons but to leave the Villa now.....I cant work it out and I hope he doesnt, I think he may regret it on several levels.

You cant imagine why he would want to join one of the biggest clubs in the world, surrounded by world class players, with an all time great manager, playing in the CL, guaranteed to win trophies and potentially one of the biggest players in Europe?

And what "dramatic rise" are we on? We finished 11th last season.

I understand people are sad that he's leaving but how can anyone possibly be shocked or even surprised that he wants to take this massive opportunity? 

• Like 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

You cant imagine why he would want to join one of the biggest clubs in the world, surrounded by world class players, with an all time great manager, playing in the CL, guaranteed to win trophies and potentially one of the biggest players in Europe?

I understand people are sad that he's leaving but how can anyone possibly be shocked or even surprised that he wants to take this massive opportunity? 

Yeh it’s absolute madness. I love Villa to bits but if I was in his shoes I’d leave. I guess we’re all different. 

3 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

The small, sane part of my brain is telling me that the Ings signing is the final evidence that Grealish is gone.

The large, insane part of my brain keeps thinking about this tweet from a few days ago and hoping it's true.

Please Nadia, don't be another CJ Bellend.

I also have a gut feeling the race is not yet run…! Odd that Villa are pushing through these deals so quickly. We haven’t even had any Ings content or pics of Bailey holding any Villa gear etc. 

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

17th, 11th…..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I also have a gut feeling the race is not yet run…! Odd that Villa are pushing through these deals so quickly. We haven’t even had any Ings content or pics of Bailey holding any Villa gear etc. 

Could, could just be that was why Lange was on the phone basically that entire training session. Straws being clutched to the max here though.

We’re pushing them through quickly because as soon as we have a confirmed 100m in our pockets the fee’s will be doubled. 

• Like 1

Alternatively, they could be rushing them through to soften the blow to us fans but...

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’re pushing them through quickly because as soon as we have a confirmed 100m in our pockets the fee’s will be doubled. 

I imagine at this stage the fees are what they are in the expectation Jack’s going. The final confirmation won’t matter. According to all sources it’s 99% done that Jack is off, so Saints aren’t going to add £5-10m once the departure is confirmed IMO. 

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

That tweet is 99.9% bollocks like they all are, but if on the off chance it's true then I'd rather Grealish left. He's one player, he's not greater than the team and it's not up to him to dictate things to that extent. If his head was really that big I'd take the money and run. 

This. Get him away as fast as possible if he's holding the club hostage like that.

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

11th with a number of points that would get 8th 9/10 seasons. With him missing 1/3 of the games which would have seen us finish top 6. 

• Like 1

Â