The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don't see any truth in this - a player cannot challenge a club to sign players in a 7 day window - it doesn't work like that. 

This is true. On Football Manager I was given a whole summer window before my player said “I want out.”

Edited by Aston_Villan4

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

There's a huge premium for English players, though. Marketable ones like Grealish are hard to put a price tag on. At the end of the day, he's worth what the market bears out for him.

Agreed 

He is invaluable to us as a club.

In my opinion this only happens if Jack makes it happen otherwise no transfer fee is big enough.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I had a look at that redditors profile searched through all his posts and couldn't see where he had mentioned Barkley at all unless calling him by a different name or has deleted the post. I also saw him saying that Smith wasn't the man to take us forward, which seemed strange for someone who's meant to be Shakespeare's son.

Besides Barkley was mentioned on here weeks before it happened as a possible signing.

Barronwaste called Barkley, Bertie and Emi Martinez long before they were in the news. So he really is proper ITK.

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'm diminishing ITK, yes, as it's 99% bollocks. Some journalists are cack, while others like John Percy are reputable

Was literally about to say, ahh but if John Percy had said it, then it would be okay. John Percy just confirms what’s about to be put out to the press officer 5 minutes later. 

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Barronwaste called Barkley, Bertie and Emi Martinez long before they were in the news. So he really is proper ITK.

They’ve also called Bailey most recently. Said it was definitely happening, and today it’s announced.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone think the momentum is swinging on this one in our favour…?

The plastics who didn’t exist before 2008 might be getting a bit nervous they’re not getting their man…

Won’t be long now.

A little. But at the same I think we’re bigger than Jack Grealish so if he goes I have faith we’ll be fine. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

This is true. On Football Manager I was given a whole summer window before my player said “I want out.”

Was it Gerard Deulofeu by any chance?

....mardy clint. Temperament 0

• Haha 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

No.  Watch what Mahrez did for Leicester that season. If he was English I’d be England captain.

Mahrez was hardly single handedly doing it for Leicester - Vardy was on absolute fire, Kante was brilliant and their centre backs both had seasons of a lifetime (Morgan in particular).

Obviously he had a fantastic season too - but all of them did. Absolute miracle stuff; which was awesome.

Just now, bobzy said:

Mahrez was hardly single handedly doing it for Leicester - Vardy was on absolute fire, Kante was brilliant and their centre backs both had seasons of a lifetime (Morgan in particular).

Obviously he had a fantastic season too - but all of them did. Absolute miracle stuff; which was awesome.

To add to this it was widely acknowledged that the usual suspects had grown a little arrogant and hadn't invested as they should have done to improve their squads. "Doing a Leicester" isn't solely down to Mahrez in any way, although he was terrific that season.

Man I dunno what to think anymore, part of me thinks he's gone, the cynic in me thinks the last few pages of hope is actually us clutching at straws. Really hope he stays and gives it one more season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

To add to this it was widely acknowledged that the usual suspects had grown a little arrogant and hadn't invested as they should have done to improve their squads. "Doing a Leicester" isn't solely down to Mahrez in any way, although he was terrific that season.

Credit due to Nigel Pearson for keeping them up right? 
:trollface:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone think the momentum is swinging on this one in our favour…?

The plastics who didn’t exist before 2008 might be getting a bit nervous they’re not getting their man…

Won’t be long now.

Time is a funny old concept but if Jack was going Citeh then I don't understand why it has taken so long. I mean if he wanted Citeh badly he wouldn't have taken an extra week hols in Croatia, surely wrapping up his move would be the priority. But we'll see...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Before we signed Barkley it was reported that we wanted either him or Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea. Traore had also been linked for quite a while before being finalized

Oh piss off Gregg 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â