The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I say we force him to stay another year either way.

I can’t see him downing tools, and even if he does he’s still gonna be playing at a level above AEG and Traore.

All this talk of us owing him a move is absolute nonsense. We trained him from a young age and have put thousands of hours into his development. 

If anything he owes us 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Mahrez was hardly single handedly doing it for Leicester - Vardy was on absolute fire, Kante was brilliant and their centre backs both had seasons of a lifetime (Morgan in particular).

Obviously he had a fantastic season too - but all of them did. Absolute miracle stuff; which was awesome.

True but if you look back the amount of games Mahrez was the difference in tight games was defining. Just watch the season highlights again mate and you’ll see what I mean. It’s incredible.  He won player of the year. If Jack is so amazing he would be the one that would do something similar thing for us. 

edit: to say Jack single handedly did it for us is massively disrespectful to the likes of Emi, our back 4 and Watkins. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

https://www.reddit.com/user/barronwaste/comments/

For those interested, that link has all of Barron's comments, with most recent at the top.

level 1
·2d

This honestly feels like the biggest transfer of my lifetime if it goes off. If a team like villa, who are one of - if not the - most exciting club in the country, with ambitious billionaires as owners, can't keep their star player, who also happens to be a boyhood fan of the club, then I don't know what league football is anymore. At least at this level. There's no hope for any of the other 14 clubs in the league.

I understand the argument that villa are bigger than grealish and will live on long after he's retired, but the reality is Villa and teams like us will never be able to compete at the top level again; we sell grealish, sign some other great players who prick up Man City's hairs and they're sold again, it's a vicious circle, and it leaves 14 teams left wondering how once again to build a team. How can any team in the country hope to build a good squad if the best players will forever be taken away right before the going gets good?

Even before this transfer saga I've been falling out of love with football, that feeling of knowing the premier league will never be truly competitive again; competitive for everyone, not just the three random teams who will win the league each season. I'm struggling to see the point in following it anymore. If we're all sitting around hoping to one day do a Leicester then we may as well give up.

I just really hope he stays. Not just because I'm a villa fan but because I want to stay in love with football. Its getting harder and harder to do that these days.

Seems like a smart bloke. Can't argue with anything he says there

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but if you look back the amount of games Mahrez was the difference in tight games was defining. Just watch the season highlights again mate and you’ll see what I mean. It’s incredible.  He won player of the year. If Jack is so amazing he would be the one that would do something similar thing for us. 

Didn’t Vardy win player of the year?

in any case, I do think you hit the nail on the head with regards to them both as players. Mahrez is a highlight reel - Grealish is actual genuine world class. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Didn’t Vardy win player of the year?

in any case, I do think you hit the nail on the head with regards to them both as players. Mahrez is a highlight reel - Grealish is actual genuine world class. 

Nope Mahrez did. So Jacks genuine world class while Mahrez is a highlight reel that won his team the league. Ok mate 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Why’s her handle different to her name though?

no idea. don't care. i go to bed with some false hope from a random on twitter i've never seen before. good enough for me

Ok, I missed most of today but it looks like people are talking about positivity. I don't have time to read 100 pages.

Has anything remotely optimistic happened to suggest he is staying?

Or is it the groundhog day?

Just now, tomav84 said:

no idea. don't care. i go to bed with some false hope from a random on twitter i've never seen before. good enough for me

Haha ran out of likes, so have a quote instead. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

If he stays and its confirmed by the club Monday/Tuesday I don't want a simple internet announcement and photograph with a quote. 

I want him to be paraded around VP on a tank with Wes and Nassef smoking 15" Cohiba Esplendidos with a 9,600ft banner of "**** you City" wrapped around the stadium. 

Just out of interest, why does the banner have to be 9,600ft?

Â