The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Two things -

Until we know citeh have bid your question is irrelevant.

Supposing they had bid, football agents are money whores who court interest via encouragement.

Don't kid yourself. There's far too much smoke with this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Not a single reputable reporter publication reporting a bid has come in from City. Unless you believe the Daily Heil to be reputable I guess.

I hope you're right and it's all nonsense, but I'm seriously starting to think otherwise. 

100% true:

Jack did not sulk or actively try to move to Spurs. We were about to roll up and as one of the most saleable assets, was told he would have to be sold. When BSWE came in he was more than happy to stay.

United made unwanted overtures to Jack but despite their interest, never seriously followed up on it and again, Jack bought into NSWEs plans for him, which remains the situation to my knowledge.

That I will swear by as solid.

It was rumoured that a few background changes helped (Suso etc) but I cannot say this for sure but there you go.

• Like 2

the betting market is all over the place. was as short as 4/11 earlier to go to city and now back to 5/6 for both city and stay at villa. some serious money went on him to go city earlier and looks like some cash has gone on the other way since

If he does go, it'll be the saddest i've seen to see a player go. More than Young, Barry, Milner, Benteke and Yorke combined. Probably only Platt comes anywhere near close, and even he wasn't 'one of us'. 

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

could be like the Suarez buyout clause ,that never existed ,  but was rumoured to be £40m 

Arsenal basically bid £1 over it to see if it did exist or not ..and found out , that indeed there was no such clause 

maybe Citeh are doing something similar ?

I think the clause was that he was to be notified of any bid in excess of 40 million. 

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I hope you're right and it's all nonsense, but I'm seriously starting to think otherwise. 

So no legit/credible sources but because of the quantity of non credible sources you are starting to think otherwise? Why?

• Like 2

Also, if he leaves then fair enough. He's given a lot for this club and I'm grateful for it. He won't get the adulation he'd get if he stayed here his whole career and led us to untold glory, but I see that as him missing out on a massive positive instead of a negative.

I'd obviously like him to stay but I can't bring myself to hate him because he wants to play at a higher level than we can offer him. Football is only a game.

Also, let's be honest - if he broke his ankle and came back half the player he was, none of you would be suggesting Villa kept him around on £200k a week until he retired if we had better players available for less money.

Seems weird that players aren't allowed to dream of better things but the club should drop them in an instant the moment something better comes along. "Great servant to the club, but we can't afford to be sentimental if we want Villa to be successful," we'd say as we led him to the glue factory.

• Like 2

Â