The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack could have gone 3 times. And so far hasn't.

Top players will be linked away. The club doesn't matter.

United, Arsenal & Liverpool have always lost players during their Prem heydeys to Barca / Madrid.

Real/Barca have lost players to each other.

PSG are going to keep seeing Mbappe linked away. 

They'll always be linked away. Getting 'bored' of it isn't an option.

We either have top players and they get linked away, or we continue the cycle of the end of the Lerner and Xia years and simply don't have top players. Then they won't be linked.

Those are the only options, I know which I prefer

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Imagine being a die hard Villa fan and then every time you play at Villa Park you get booed relentlessly by Villa fans.  That could be his future if it happened. 

I hope not. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not so gracious as to wish him every success but booing Jack Grealish at Villa Park would be an all time low for our fan base.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Can someone tell me what evidence there is that jack is leaving?

there is zero news from anyone vaguely  reputable. The closest news we getting is Man City are preparing a bid. Its been over a month of preparing.. 

It just reaks of the press trying to link the best player outside of the “big 6” to one of them clubs. Because it’s easy bait and a likely thing to happen. 
but this story hasn’t progressed. Just Twitter, reddit, lowbar journos and football bloggers chitchat, trolling and speculation..

also you add in things like pep saying there isn’t money a for big name striker.. which they need most. yet, can spunk 100m on another midfielder that they don’t need. 

the whole thing seems like standard transfer trash talk 

Exactly!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

See above Covid was a factor in United pulling the plug. I will donate £10 a month for 10 months no problem 

Spurs he has said he sulked over its collapse. 
United wouldn’t pay the money so he signed a 5 year deal.

They’ve met with City I know that 100% why go meet another team only a few months into a new contract? 

I’m told he’s informed the club he would like to go, whether that comes out as a transfer request remains to be seen.

Also mate I’m passing on info I’m told, I’m not lying I’m relaying info. If the info I’m getting is duff then I’m not lying then either 

Seriously mate, it's only because I suspect you are a Sabbath fan that I'm not tearing into you.

Your info is seriously wonky.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I hope not. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not so gracious as to wish him every success but booing Jack Grealish at Villa Park would be an all time low for our fan base.

No it would show we’re not push overs. They reckon the hate directed towards Gerrard stopped him going to Chelsea. I just can’t fathom this passive attitude. Our owners have said we want European football that means top 6. The time frame is 2 years on that, that makes city a rival he’s leaving for a rival I’ll verbally abuse him relentlessly 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Of course there is, he’s only ever one bad tackle away from never getting the opportunity again, and therein lies the dilemma.

For all the hot air in here over the past few weeks it’s a pretty simple equation, at least where Jack is concerned, stay with the club he loves or go and win but trophies and play in big games. 

If he decides to leave it won’t be because he’s stopped loving the club, and it won’t be because of money, it will purely be because he wants to play on the biggest stage. Yes, it’s possible it could be achieved here but that’s 2-3 years down the line at least and that’s if we continue on our upward trajectory at a similar rate to that we’ve seen thus far. 

It must be a horrible decision for him, move and upset the fans, perhaps the family too, or stay and in ten years time be filled with regret (potentially).

I hope to McGrath he stays, like we all do, but I think we have to accept that it may not pan out that way and adjust ourselves accordingly.

He was 1 tackle away from never getting the opportunity to play again last year as well, but he signed a new contract. He still had that desire to win then.

Also if he stays now, it doesn't mean he won't or can't leave in the future. He'll remain a world class player for the next 5 years at least. There'll be no shortage of suitors, just like there haven't been for the past 3 years.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yet easily justified by the fans. Evidence in point. Last season signing a 5 year deal and saying he believed in the project. 

If he goes he is saying he no longer believes in the project and is happy to actively weaken Aston Villa football club. 

As i say earlier,  to many people it will be easily justified to give him a shit ton of hate 

• Like 3

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Yet easily justified by the fans. Evidence in point. Last season signing a 5 year deal and saying he believed in the project. 

If he goes he is saying he no longer believes in the project and is happy to actively weaken Aston Villa football club. 

As i say earlier,  to many people it will be easily justified to give him a shit ton of hate 

That’s why I will boo, first thing I’m doing is getting a ticket as close to the dugout as possible so he can hear me all game. Absolute dogs abuse I’ll give him 

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Nursey or one of his ilk tweeted after no Spurs move that he was sulking/extremely unhappy or words to that affect and Kevan Grealish replied No he isn't.

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No it would show we’re not push overs. They reckon the hate directed towards Gerrard stopped him going to Chelsea. I just can’t fathom this passive attitude. Our owners have said we want European football that means top 6. The time frame is 2 years on that, that makes city a rival he’s leaving for a rival I’ll verbally abuse him relentlessly 

Well that reflects far more negatively on you than him.

This thread has made me laugh a lot earlier today but posts like this are horrible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Nah part of course for football these days and although I won’t be doing it, Jack will have made his bed and will suffer the consequences.  

No loyalty one way will mean no loyalty the other way and he’ll deserve it if he makes that choice and forces the move away whether through asking to leave or utilising a release clause if there is one.  

It wouldn’t be low for our fan base it will just be our fan base reacting to a one of our own turning their back on us.

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That’s why I will boo, first thing I’m doing is getting a ticket as close to the dugout as possible so he can hear me all game. Absolute dogs abuse I’ll give him 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah part of course for football these days and although I won’t be doing it, Jack will have made his bed and will suffer the consequences.  

No loyalty one way will mean no loyalty the other way and he’ll deserve it if he makes that choice and forces the move away whether through asking to leave or utilising a release clause if there is one.  

It wouldn’t be low for our fan base it will just be our fan base reacting to a one of our own turning their back on us.

Are you lot Man City fans trying to wind him up on this forum? Unhinged!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

See above Covid was a factor in United pulling the plug. I will donate £10 a month for 10 months no problem 

United wouldn’t pay the money so he signed a 5 year deal.

They’ve met with City I know that 100% why go meet another team only a few months into a new contract? 

I’m told he’s informed the club he would like to go, whether that comes out as a transfer request remains to be seen.

Also mate I’m passing on info I’m told, I’m not lying I’m relaying info. If the info I’m getting is duff then I’m not lying then either 

little piece of advice, don't throw around things like "i know that 100%" then say you're just "relaying info". it's contradictory...emotions are running high at the moment as i'm sure you can tell, it will ease the backlash you're getting

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nursey or one of his ilk tweeted after no Spurs move that he was sulking/extremely unhappy or words to that affect and Kevan Grealish replied No he isn't.

Kevin isn’t going to say his brother is a bit of a shit is he, they will still have to live in the area. Jack’s dad will no doubt get blokes walk up to him and tell him his sons a word removed etc now

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well that reflects far more negatively on you than him.

This thread has made me laugh a lot earlier today but posts like this are horrible. 

Footballs tribal and irrational I’m not going to apologise for it, pressure is a privilege to quote Jack. He wants the big money he can deal with the flak nothing comes for free in this life, yeas he becomes even more wealthy but his legacy as a Villa legend is gone. I’ll give him grief after he’s retired to if I see him at VP

Â