The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We all need to stand naked in front of the moon at 11pm tonight and harness to the power of the earth to make it that he stays !

If you don't do it - it's your fault when he goes to Man City 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I honestly unfortunately think it means very very little

Stay here and become a legend, be villas best ever player, maybe sneak a cup and CL qualification

Or go to City for a record transfer, win everything, work with the world's best manager in a team of the worlds best players and put yourself in the spotlight for best player in the world 

I think there's maybe a blinkered view as to what Man City are and what his career there would be, you can make it sound as negative as you want but it's a huge opportunity for anyone, which is why they've previously cherry picked pretty much any player that they want, they can put him on a platform in world football that we can't 

I still don't think he'll go because we won't accept the bid but if we did and it was us or them I think people have to be realistic as to how that will play out 

It's hard because I'm not in that position and things maybe different but if I was I think I'd stay at Villa.  

Villa is like most on here a massive passion of mine and all I ever wanted to do as a kid is play for Villa.  Jack is doing that and it was his dream as well.  He's the star player in a team that is progressing, earning a phenomenal amount, massive media profile and international recognition...I just dont think I'd move to Man City...yes trophies I understand but playing for my passion of a boyhood club after 25 years of wanting it all my life (Jack's age) and then giving that up makes no sense to me.  If it wasnt a Villa fan like Jack, they'd be off quick smart obviously but that life he's had is all about Villa like us, to me it means he's staying.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wrong. Those guys were brought into the club as professional footballers, no more, no less. Jack is a born and bred Brummie, with the Villa since he was six. His whole family are Villa through and through. His great grandfather was a Villa skipper. 

Matt le Tissier stayed at Saints in the face of accusations of lacking ambition. Well, his club was never going to get anywhere, so his loyalty was doubly laudable for me. But the 2021 Villa is very much on the up. It has never been better placed to go for glory in my long lifetime, let alone Jack's. THIS is the opportunity. Not selling out your roots to join a bunch of TV mercenaries and incurring the contempt of so many loyal Villa fans. Go, and you'll never be forgiven. Stay, and build a legend. 

I feel like someone needs to tell him this.

What most fans will feel.

Not his Villa family, not the sycophantic suck-up Villa fans in the media who will tell him 'Yeah, it's time to go now. Don't worry fans will understand, you'll still be loved' to try and be his mate.

Not many players in the history of football would be the legend at a single club that Jack Grealish will absolutely become.

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Too far back for me to remember unfortunately. The only one I can think of is John Carew.

Even Harewood had something a bit original, although I'm pretty sure it was done for Yakubu too.

Yorke's song was amazing.  How our fanbase came up with that I'll never know.

But you're right, Carew's was original.  Quite liked that one tbf.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

We all need to stand naked in front of the moon at 11pm tonight and harness to the power of the earth to make it that he stays !

send pic

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Are thongs allowed? 

I have to say for me he would be leaving a year or two early IF he went.

If he & his family are so Villa through & through & his Great Grandfather a former Villa Captain, then i simply cannot comprehend why you would not see where AVFC could get to this season & if we indeed then progressed into Europe then maybe even wait another to see if we could actually break into those top 4 places and you could fulfil you & you friends & families dreams, rather than being the catalyst which caused those dreams to yet again be set back for however long & even worse signing for one of the teams we were trying to catch which in itself would also alienate the very fans you were one of?!

So easy for me to say but i feel it's just a year too early.

I truly reckon this would be brought on by the muppet that is Southgate barely playing him in the Euros. I really think that has made him think he has to go to get in that England team as he won't fully unless he's playing on the biggest stage regularly.   A "helpful" hint off Southgate maybe?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I have a better plan that doesn't involve getting naked. When he gets back to BMH next week, Meatball will distract Jack with his turkey costume so Wesley can ambush him and put him in one of his famous "Stoke" headlocks. Meanwhile Dean can lock all the doors and cut the line to the fax machine. No fax, no transfer! 

If he goes, in the movie of Jacks life, after he wins everything, there'll be a sad quiet bit when he realises that doing it at City was meaningless and that he sold his soul and he would have been happier at Villa after all.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

If he wasn't Villa through and through of course he would be off. He would be earning more, playing for a better team and would win trophies which we haven't done for over a quarter of a century. We are getting closer to the top but why would a player wait when he can have jam today not tomorrow?

Having been at Villa since he was about 7 and in a Villa family I hope that heart will rule over head but we will see. Quite frankly I am so bored of this happening every summer.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Normal night for me 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Jack's Instagram story and McGinn's had me thinking yesterday all was good and that he was staying.

Do you think the City media are trolling us perhaps?

I was fairly sure yesterday after the two posts. I’ve missed all of the hysteria of today - what has actually changed?!

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I regret that I bet £200. £60 at 2.0 and £140 at 2.2.

This year I also invested in crypto about an hour before Musk and China crashed the market.

I've got £100 on Grealish staying at 3.0.  🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Jack's Instagram story and McGinn's had me thinking yesterday all was good and that he was staying.

Do you think the City media are trolling us perhaps?

The journalist admitted he had nothing new to add but wrote an entire fanfic about where Jack would feature in the team. Got called out and then admitted his July 16 article had more details. His use of advanced riled a lot of people up. 

Just now, Villa87 said:

I was fairly sure yesterday after the two posts. I’ve missed all of the hysteria of today - what has actually changed?!

Somebody who knows somebody has said something they believe in.

15 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Villatalk now in danger of all out civil war between the bedwetters and the guys who stuck the house on Grealish staying because they drank too much of the Trust The Project Kool-Aid is it

Drank? I fill my bath with it every night! lol

• Like 1

Â