The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think he can achieve big things with us.

we are slowly moving out of the major surgery zone and in to the tweaking zone.

many of our players, will be better this season and I think shaky will have a big say on that.....he was a fine addition.

Dean is proving to be very prudent in his collection of staff.....the synergy being created is hugely encouraging, all round....top to bottom.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

The release clause rumour is concerning. If there is one, then it’s 50/50 as to whether he stays I imagine. If there isn’t one, well, I think the club would probably want 125m at least. 

A lot of this is going to depend on whether City get Kane or not. If they do, then it’s likely that will set them back 130m and it becomes a lot harder for them to buy Jack (dependent on no release clause). Kane is likely to push his transfer through so I can see that happening. 

City are absolutely stacked in the positions that Grealish plays. They have Silva, Sterling, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Torres. That’s an insane amount of talent and whilst I think Grealish is exceptional, they may back off if we set the price too high as it’s not a priority for them. Their absolute priority is a number 9 this season as Jesus probably isn’t quite at the level they’re looking for. 

I have no idea whether will Grealish will leave. If he does, it’s a huge, huge set back. He’s irreplaceable on every level and we’d probably need to buy two very, very good players to not struggle next season. 

Like I say, the ‘release clause’ is absolutely key to all of this. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chappy said:

But if they have… somewhere, Peter Enckelman will be wiping his brow and sighing a huge sigh of relief.

Although....he never touched the ball, did he?. So whoever threw the ball in "scored", no?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The release clause rumour is concerning.

If Jack were to leave (he's not) and it came to light that there was a release clause then Purslow would need to go imo. 

He has come out multiple times and said Aston Villa do not do release clauses during his tenure as CEO. 

Jack signed his contract last year wayyyyy after Purslow started.

It doesn't exist. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

If Jack were to leave (he's not) and it came to light that there was a release clause then Purslow would need to go imo. 

He has come out multiple times and said Aston Villa do not do release clauses during his tenure as CEO. 

It doesn't exist. 

Can’t imagine Purslow lying about it as it would eventually come out and it wouldn’t look good for him especially when emotions would be high amongst fans losing a talent such as Jack.  No reason for him to lie anyway because the players agent would be touting it around.

This for me is another BS story.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It doesn't exist. 

I hope you’re right mate but the Grealish situation is different to others. Playing devils advocate, Grealish may have only signed the last deal on the proviso that a bid of 85-100m was accepted if it came in. 

If there is no release clause, I don’t think he leaves, simply because we can price Man City out of the move (I think). 

• Like 1

Arsenal pulling favours from their media chums with BS stories of their interest in Jack…. seriously deluded club which is disappearing up its own aresehole.. They used to have a level of class And sophistication. Joke of a club 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope you’re right mate but the Grealish situation is different to others. Playing devils advocate, Grealish may have only signed the last deal on the proviso that a bid of 85-100m was accepted if it came in. 

If there is no release clause, I don’t think he leaves, simply because we can price Man City out of the move (I think). 

Fair enough but why would Purslow then lie to us about the release clause, that doesn’t make sense because it’s easy to find out.  Given Purslow’s character I can only conclude myself that there is no release clause.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough but why would Purslow then lie to us about the release clause, that doesn’t make sense because it’s easy to find out.  Given Purslow’s character I can only conclude myself that there is no release clause.

He also acknowledged that Grealish had a release clause (escape clause in Purslows words) in his prior contract if we hadn't gained promotion from the Championship.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

I personally can't see him going anywhere, and I love that an Aston Villa player has the superstar profile that Jack currently has, but all the bed wetting about him leaving is a bit much. 

Let's not forget that 10 teams finished above us last season without a Jack Grealish in their team 

Â