The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If its a player swap deal then Tuanzebe will magically become worth £50m

We won't get a good player exchange deal out of utd 

He'd be valued at about 20m. Ultimately Man. United would say he's a player you really rated in his first spell and he can improve. Plus your defence is s***. Or you can have Phil Jones or Rojo in the swop which would be awful deals given both are terrible and spend years out injured.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'd be valued at about 20m. Ultimately Man. United would say he's a player you really rated in his first spell and he can improve. Plus your defence is s***. Or you can have Phil Jones or Rojo in the swop which would be awful deals given both are terrible and spend years out injured.

Hopefully Purslow drives a hard bargain and demands the cash in full for Grealish, then we decide who we spend it on.  I wouldn't mind Tuanzebe but he gets injured a lot so I wouldn't go beyond a loan-to-buy in the current circumstances.

• Like 2

Everyone knows he's off. It's part of the reason he's barely featured in the club's PR in the build up to the restart. Up till then he'd been the face of the club for a few years and they couldn't wait to get him in everything. Now? Gone.

As is he. He's known for months. As has the club, and the dressing room.

Not allowed to enjoy being back playing football? 

Not sure why people struggle with the idea that it was going to be lower intensity and slower pace after the break, the fitness isn't instantly there

It wasn't a must win game, it was a put in a performance and get a result from which we can get a bit of confidence and get going again game which is exactly what we did, we can build on what we did, we weren't getting relegated or surviving based on Wednesday night

Keane being a miserable bitter clearing in the woods for a change 

• Like 3

I actually agree with Keane. There were a few occasions he was strolling about with others around him pressing or slowly jogged back as Sheffield United attacked.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as it was the first game back after a long time, but I don't think what has been said is particularly harsh.

I know the 'wry smile' is a bit of a football cliche and people do react in that way to a mistake. That said, I've felt my blood boiling a few times seeing Mings piss about with the ball for no reason, ending in him almost giving a goal away and seeming to find it very funny. Don't think it would bother me if it didn't happen every game.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/villareport/status/1274012907953631234

Got a point. Not just with Jack. Cannot fathom why we seemed to treat it as a pre season friendly along with the seemingly nonplussed fan reactions. It was a must win game.

Damn you can't even enjoy playing football without annoying these get off my lawn ass geezers. I know it's been hard to remember what with the scramble to get back playing during a global pandemic, but it's just a game yeah?

The only reason he saw him laughing is because the camera was on him again after he'd either been fouled or done something good.

He's also probably one of the only players on both sides Keane knows.

36 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Damn you can't even enjoy playing football without annoying these get off my lawn ass geezers. I know it's been hard to remember what with the scramble to get back playing during a global pandemic, but it's just a game yeah?

I wasnt really really referencing the laughing like Keane but the underlying point that we didn't seem to take it that seriously. Very casual vibe and attitude to a huge game of football.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I wasnt really really referencing the laughing like Keane but the underlying point that we didn't seem to take it that seriously. Very casual vibe and attitude to a huge game of football.

I think that's just a consequence of the complete lack of match fitness of everyone. It felt like a preseason game because for all intents and purposes, it was.

That's Jack's demeanour in every game, even when he gets punched in the back of the head by a scumbag fan.  One of the replies on Twitter summed it up, not everyone hates life Roy.

Edit: **** hell someone needs to hide any sharp objects from Keane in that Sky studio 

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 2

On 18/06/2020 at 16:16, brommy said:

Barnt Green, not Barnet. About a mile from where I have lived for the past 22 years. Jack’s occasionally spotted grabbing a Chinese takeaway.

It was a typo, my bad. I’m from Bromsgrove. 👍🏻

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's the Irish thing with Keane. He will never forgive him for turning his back on the Republic, and tbh, it was a bit naughty. 

I think hes got some need to talk about attitude, Keane's attitude stink back in the day and it largely made him the player he was.

Keane needs to shut up and realise he was much worse that he can't go being an hypocrite all because he's no longer on the pitch playing games and being a bad ass.

For those that want a little read on his comments:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/19/roy-keane-manchester-united-transfer-target-jack-grealish-aston-villa-transfer-man-utd-12877341/

Â