The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I can't see utd winning a trophy for a good long time now, unless it's the league cup, certainly dont think they have a squad capable of winning Europe and they may miss out on that as well. even if Jack goes there and makes them relevant again there is no guaranteethat he will see any Europeanor champions league football in his career. Jack at Utd would be no different from being here at villa, because man utd would be looking to him to up there game like we look for him to do that. Jack at Man utd isnt a case of being just slotted in somewhere to do is bit like he would be at spurs, Liverpool, Man city or Chelsea, at Man utd he would be the main attraction as he is here at villa because they do not have the stat studded field as the other top four clubs have.

For me anyhow a move to Man united would be crazy for Jack, now the real top four clubs yes, Spurs, Man city, Liverpool and chelsea all have a place Grealish can more than improve at, play alongside the best in the business and play constant European football. Man united would also have to get rid of a player or two to fit Grealish in and that isn't sitting well with fans as is. You also have the fact that fans would much rather pay less for someone else than pay 80 million plus for Jack.

I see tons of reasons why Jack won't be leaving and many more as to why he should stay put if a united transfer is on the cards. United don't want to pay what were asking for Jack, do you want them trying to lower the asking price in favour of us getting there rejects??

Man Utd are building a good side, they have genuine pace out wide and then also have Fernandes. Add Jack to that and it’s a very good attacking side. 

Spurs, are on the decline I think they’ll have a complete rebuilding job soon. I also think Mourinho wouldn’t get the best out of Jack. 

Chelsea would suit Jack, but they have a lot of AM’s and he may not play as regularly as he wants. 

I don’t see him suiting the way Liverpool play. 

As for your last I have no idea, as  I’m sure the same with you, what Man Utd are offering. It’s all just press talk re their players. 

In an ideal world, I wouldn’t want Jack to leave, but unfortunately we are currently a long way off competing even for a European place. As such, I don’t see how we can keep hold of him.

I've no idea whether Grealish will end up there or not, but United are still going to be an attractive team to a  lot of players, they're still one of the biggest clubs in the world, can pay big transfer fees and wages, and all it would take is one or two decent transer windows and they could be challenging right at the top again. Never mind JG they could sign players  more highly rated than he if they wanted to.

• Like 1

He looked pretty much as far away from top match form and fitness as everyone else as far as I could see from the highlights and clips I've seen but as far as I could see he did not look like was holding back in fear of picking up an injury before his big move.

That's all I expect after such a long lay off.

55 minutes ago, useless said:

I've no idea whether Grealish will end up there or not, but United are still going to be an attractive team to a  lot of players, they're still one of the biggest clubs in the world, can pay big transfer fees and wages, and all it would take is one or two decent transer windows and they could be challenging right at the top again. Never mind JG they could sign players  more highly rated than he if they wanted to.

For me it depends on Utd's manager situation, if they go all in and get Pochettino to start a project to get them up with Liverpool and City within a couple of seasons then that would surely excite someone like Jack.  If instead they just meander along like in the past 5 years then I'm not sure it'll be the best place for his talent, albeit he will get a more lucrative deal and potential for endorsements than at pretty much any other club.  I still think if we stay up then clubs won't be ready and willing to blow £70m on any players so we have a good chance of keeping him until January at least.

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's funny you mention that because i remember after his goal there he was gushing about old trafford and said it was his favourite premiership ground (surely it's actually your 2nd favourite jack?!). why do i have this fear that when he signs for them he's going to say something along the lines of "villa has always been my family's club, but growing up i was always a united fan". or maybe i'm doing him a disservice.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/ive-always-wanted-to-play-at-old-trafford-grealish-gives-man-utd-/kemsx26aoyxk1ejp4wtvwelws

Do not think so, when he was interviewed on the pitch after the play off final he said the manager, the captain (him) and the kit maker are all Villa fans etc. You never know but the lad is a Villan 

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Nobody is bigger than our club, if he goes, it’s is for financial reasons and I’ll be lumping him in the Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry category.

People said this about Milner, Young, Delph and Barry. All of them went on to win big things. They're not just leaving for the money.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I can't see utd winning a trophy for a good long time now, unless it's the league cup, certainly dont think they have a squad capable of winning Europe and they may miss out on that as well. even if Jack goes there and makes them relevant again there is no guaranteethat he will see any Europeanor champions league football in his career. Jack at Utd would be no different from being here at villa, because man utd would be looking to him to up there game like we look for him to do that. Jack at Man utd isnt a case of being just slotted in somewhere to do is bit like he would be at spurs, Liverpool, Man city or Chelsea, at Man utd he would be the main attraction as he is here at villa because they do not have the stat studded field as the other top four clubs have.

For me anyhow a move to Man united would be crazy for Jack, now the real top four clubs yes, Spurs, Man city, Liverpool and chelsea all have a place Grealish can more than improve at, play alongside the best in the business and play constant European football. Man united would also have to get rid of a player or two to fit Grealish in and that isn't sitting well with fans as is. You also have the fact that fans would much rather pay less for someone else than pay 80 million plus for Jack.

I see tons of reasons why Jack won't be leaving and many more as to why he should stay put if a united transfer is on the cards. United don't want to pay what were asking for Jack, do you want them trying to lower the asking price in favour of us getting there rejects??

Man. United been in decline in the league ever since SAF retired. In that time though they've still won 3 or 4 trophies. Last won a euro trophy way back in 2017 and are still in that this season and FA cup.

Edit: Teams can improve rapidly if you sign the right players over a couple of transfer windows. In 2016-17 Liverpool were pretty much what Man. United are now. Signed Alisson and Van Dijk and barely lose a game now.

Between 2006-08 we went up from 16th to 6th due to signing likes of Bouma, Carew, Petrov and Ashley Young.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Non sense. Their main target is Sancho.

I don't see them signing Sancho this summer. I get the feeling they'll sign Grealish this summer given what Fairy is saying, give him a year to prove himself as their new playmaker (albeit from a wide position like he's doing for us currently) and then go back in for Sancho next summer.

Think Pogba will leave then so that would free up a more central position.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I don't see them signing Sancho this summer. I get the feeling they'll sign Grealish this summer given what Fairy is saying, give him a year to prove himself as their new playmaker (albeit from a wide position like he's doing for us currently) and then go back in for Sancho next summer.

Think Pogba will leave then so that would free up a more central position.

Even if they sell Pogba they got Fred, McTominay, Fernandes, Matic.

Rashford is nailed on to the left. What they need is a right winger to improve on Daniel James.

One thing that really annoys me is this “he deserves better than us” shite. 

Nobody is bigger than our club, if he goes, it’s is for financial reasons and I’ll be lumping him in the Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry category. 

This club has a frankley shameful attitude of being an “also ran” and have done for the best part of 20 years and the meek acceptance of selling our best players by its fan base bloody enables it. I get market factors are involved etc but when Jack comes back to VP I will be giving him grief he’s sold out the “club he loves”. 

I can understand not caring about him once he leaves us and even not wanting him to do well as it will hurt more e.g. Dwight Yorke winning the treble season after leaving us.

However going to the game and abusing him every time he touched the ball is a bit beyond me, we're surely better than that? Chelsea gave Lampard a standing ovation when he came back with Man. City and pretty sure he actually scored in that game! Tammy would've got a massive ovation if crowds were allowed back on Sunday.

Don't really understand that mindset, it's a bit like Vassell getting booed whenever he came back with Man. City which I never really understood.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Even if they sell Pogba they got Fred, McTominay, Fernandes, Matic.

Rashford is nailed on to the left. What they need is a right winger to improve on Daniel James.

That will be Grealish then. If he can play on the left for us I doubt he'll mind too much shifting in from the right. Will be a good balance given the pace they have on other side with Rashford and also Martial drifting to that side, bit like Beckham and Giggs from their great teams in 90s.

34 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

This club has a frankley shameful attitude of being an “also ran” and have done for the best part of 20 years and the meek acceptance of selling our best players by its fan base bloody enables it. I get market factors are involved etc but when Jack comes back to VP I will be giving him grief he’s sold out the “club he loves”. 

Until Grealish I can't think of any meek acceptance whatsoever.

Very strange attitude about him leaving I agree.

Football more spread out more than ever before and it's only going to get worse. Premier League winners now only lose 1/2/3 games a season. Two draws and two wins in four games is viewed as a disaster for "top teams". 

• Like 2

I do not like it either, I find it very disrespectful to the club your supposed to be supporting not to mention your telling a player to basically hop on his bike to another club l. Where is the loyalty of wanting a player to remain at a club for life, if I was Jack and see these messages, leave is what I'd certainly do as footballers need there fans to want them at the club they are playing for.

I think our Owners will do all they can to keep Grealish, I think the only thing that does RIP him away is relegation but that's my opinion and hes not going anywhere unless it happens.

It's ok Jack were here for you some of us are, we will fight for you to stay put the other lot can sling there hook 😋

When you read the console gaming news every new generation of gaming you get many people come out like crazy saying that this will be the last time you will ever see a console from this certain developer, yes it actually happens. This Grealish thing every year reminds me of that similar topic. People continue to do it so that when they have said it one year and it comes true that he will leave, those that said it can stick it to the rest. What you dont remember though, is you cant really do that when you've done it year after year like a broken record, people remember how you made the same bet over and over, season after season saying Grealish was leaving to the point its been listened to fifteen times before it finally came true.

Edited by Dave-R

Jack's been playing for our first team since 2014, that's pretty long serving in modern times. Barry was here well over a decade and could've easily gone in 2006 but liked what we were doing with appointing O'Neill and so stayed a further three years to see what we did. We won nothing and jacked in europe when we made the knock out rounds. Within three years of moving to Man. City he'd won a league and FA cup and played in the champions league. Young was here 4 and a half years and enjoyed playing for us but again within two years of leaving he'd won the league title. Milner was only acutally here two seasons permanently although it seemed longer. If we'd kept him out wide I'm not sure he'd have attracted attention of the elite but he was simply brilliant in CM for us.

Those are the things for Grealish to consider. If we want him to have serious decision over staying we need our owners to bluntly tell DS and Suso to start working a bit harder and selling our next 5 years to top quality international players like Wolves and Leicester seem to have no trouble doing. We used to do it no problem signing Petrov, Laursen, Carew and Friedel and they helped us finish top 6 on a regular basis.

Would be a nice change from just signing guys from mid table in Egypt who are just grateful to play in the premier league.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Man. United been in decline in the league ever since SAF retired. In that time though they've still won 3 or 4 trophies. Last won a euro trophy way back in 2017 and are still in that this season and FA cup.

Edit: Teams can improve rapidly if you sign the right players over a couple of transfer windows. In 2016-17 Liverpool were pretty much what Man. United are now. Signed Alisson and Van Dijk and barely lose a game now.

Between 2006-08 we went up from 16th to 6th due to signing likes of Bouma, Carew, Petrov and Ashley Young.

spot on.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Jack's been playing for our first team since 2014, that's pretty long serving in modern times. Barry was here well over a decade and could've easily gone in 2006 but liked what we were doing with appointing O'Neill and so stayed a further three years to see what we did. We won nothing and jacked in europe when we made the knock out rounds. Within three years of moving to Man. City he'd won a league and FA cup and played in the champions league. Young was here 4 and a half years and enjoyed playing for us but again within two years of leaving he'd won the league title. Milner was only acutally here two seasons permanently although it seemed longer. If we'd kept him out wide I'm not sure he'd have attracted attention of the elite but he was simply brilliant in CM for us.

Those are the things for Grealish to consider. If we want him to have serious decision over staying we need our owners to bluntly tell DS and Suso to start working a bit harder and selling our next 5 years to top quality international players like Wolves and Leicester seem to have no trouble doing. We used to do it no problem signing Petrov, Laursen, Carew and Friedel and they helped us finish top 6 on a regular basis.

Would be a nice change from just signing guys from mid table in Egypt who are just grateful to play in the premier league.

couldn't have put it better myself.....On the money.

I could scream with some of the signings we have made.....and for decent money too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I can understand not caring about him once he leaves us and even not wanting him to do well as it will hurt more e.g. Dwight Yorke winning the treble season after leaving us.

However going to the game and abusing him every time he touched the ball is a bit beyond me, we're surely better than that? Chelsea gave Lampard a standing ovation when he came back with Man. City and pretty sure he actually scored in that game! Tammy would've got a massive ovation if crowds were allowed back on Sunday.

Don't really understand that mindset, it's a bit like Vassell getting booed whenever he came back with Man. City which I never really understood.

When we played Man U at Old Trafford in Yorke first season there, he ran up to our fans and kissed his Utd badge. No class, that’s why he got dog’s abuse. In my mind it was deserved. In complete contrast, in James Millers final game for us at Villa Park, when everyone knew that would be his last game, he was MOTM and went  off to a standing ovation. We all know the Delph story. Players get what they deserve, there are a number of former players who have been well received on their return. 

For me though I have to say, although my opinions on players vary greatly, there are only 2 types of players, those that play for Villa and those that don’t. Once they’re gone they’re gone. I support the badge on the front, not the name on the back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

United really want him and realistically the lad wants the move too. 60 million + Tuanzebe.  I think that's pretty reasonable.

If its a player swap deal then Tuanzebe will magically become worth £50m

We won't get a good player exchange deal out of utd 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

When we played Man U at Old Trafford in Yorke first season there, he ran up to our fans and kissed his Utd badge. No class, that’s why he got dog’s abuse. In my mind it was deserved. In complete contrast, in James Millers final game for us at Villa Park, when everyone knew that would be his last game, he was MOTM and went  off to a standing ovation. We all know the Delph story. Players get what they deserve, there are a number of former players who have been well received on their return. 

For me though I have to say, although my opinions on players vary greatly, there are only 2 types of players, those that play for Villa and those that don’t. Once they’re gone they’re gone. I support the badge on the front, not the name on the back.

Yorke came to VP and got booed before we played at Old Trafford in 98/99.

I get what you're saying totally. The bit I don't get is any fan going to VP next season hell bent on giving Grealish abuse from first minute to last every time he touches the ball if he goes to Man. United or somewhere else.

Would've thought a quick clap before kick/when he goes to take a corner and then concentrate on getting behind our own players for rest of the game.

Actually forgot about Delph. I was raging when he left us but that was more to him constantly changing his mind and giving us false hope he'd stay. In football terms it was a total no brainer considering who else we lost that summer.

Â