The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, brommy said:

Not much at all. My dad fitted a power shower for him years ago and sent me to his house to collect the payment. Big Ron welcomed me in to his hall where I waited as he went upstairs. He came back down with several £50 notes that were all gently curled. I assume he’d taken them off a very large roll of other fifties! I left with him saying ‘There you go son, thanks for the good job’. I didn’t have the bottle to mention he’d managed a great team that I’d not missed a single home match of.

Remember his house got robbed a while ago so surprised he's got fifties shooting out of the wallpapers!

Actually searched to see what year it was thinking it was around 2004 just before the old racism popped up and seemed it was in the week before we last won a major trophy. No idea if any arrest were ever made but pretty nasty robbery:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/police-in-hunt-for-football-gang-1343313.html

Police are examining possible links between three robberies on prominent football personalities after the wife of Ron Atkinson, manager of Coventry City, was left handcuffed at her home overnight.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I knew I'd got it wrong but, for the life of me, couldn't remember the correct term. 

We all want him to stay, but I fear that's the romantic in us.

He was all set to go to Spurs only for the new owners to come in and pull the rug on that one. I just don't see us having the time to match his ambitions. From where we are right now, at best we're probably 4 years away from being a top 6 side. You really believe he has the patience for that, a player of his ability ? Let's not kid ourselves. 

We dont know Jack at all and what he is truly thinking do we??

We will have to wait and find out, though when you think about the fact he signed a five year deal and if we can survive, does suggest he has enough patience to at least stay if we are moving in the right direction.

I think he will stay, he's given us more reasons to think he will stay than if he didnt. I think our Owners will just seize the moment again and talk to Jack if it did get serious. No way is a club going to come in for him and offer 80 million plus and you can forget about us taking any of the club's rejects who can't make it first team, I'd be very pissed if there were any players palmed off into our hands to drive any price down who can't even make there clubs first team.

I do think Jack maybe the type of person to enjoy the challenge, he sure has one at Villa all when he knows he's making a name for himself here which he is doing. There have been many players stay at there club and have had fantastic careers, there have been those who have left and after become nobody's as well. I fear if Jack left for UTD he would be wasted. Jack could fall victim to either being replaced a season or two later and faiding onto the bench and beyond or whoever is looking after him being the wrong type of person to continue on his training and fail to get the best out of him which sees him drift away. When it comes down to it his playing career is unthreatened here at Villa, he is the no1 weapon which we do need to try and change to give him competition, he is needed at Villa, he knows it and feels it but moving on could simply be a story of him never being able to compete at a much stronger club.

I think the owners should blow off FFP - the FA & PL have made the rules up as they've gone along this year. Go all out, splash some serious cash and keep Jack. 

Number 1 target should be his buddy Tammy. 40/50 mill? Jack sticks around and Villa win the league, Euro 21 & the Wold Cup. Sorted. :thumb:

• Like 2

He’s not getting picked for England at us, he joins Utd he’s straight in. Then add in the fact that they are still one of the biggest clubs in world football, And the fact they have some good young players and are willing to spend big. He’d be crazy not to go there. Utd will win trophies (maybe not the league) within the next few years. Can we honestly say he will here? Unfortunately, where we are as a club right now Jack Grealish has outgrown us. Just enjoy him whilst we can

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

We dont know Jack at all and what he is truly thinking do we??

We will have to wait and find out, though when you think about the fact he signed a five year deal and if we can survive, does suggest he has enough patience to at least stay if we are moving in the right direction.

I think he will stay, he's given us more reasons to think he will stay than if he didnt. I think our Owners will just seize the moment again and talk to Jack if it did get serious. No way is a club going to come in for him and offer 80 million plus and you can forget about us taking any of the club's rejects who can't make it first team, I'd be very pissed if there were any players palmed off into our hands to drive any price down who can't even make there clubs first team.

I do think Jack maybe the type of person to enjoy the challenge, he sure has one at Villa all when he knows he's making a name for himself here which he is doing. There have been many players stay at there club and have had fantastic careers, there have been those who have left and after become nobody's as well. I fear if Jack left for UTD he would be wasted. Jack could fall victim to either being replaced a season or two later and faiding onto the bench and beyond or whoever is looking after him being the wrong type of person to continue on his training and fail to get the best out of him which sees him drift away. When it comes down to it his playing career is unthreatened here at Villa, he is the no1 weapon which we do need to try and change to give him competition, he is needed at Villa, he knows it and feels it but moving on could simply be a story of him never being able to compete at a much stronger club.

You do remember Wayne Rooney and his " once a Blue, always a Blue " comment ?

That didn't stop him wearing the Red of United. 

I think you very much underestimate his talent to suggest he would fail if he left. The World is his oyster and like most talented players he will want to prove that he has what it takes to showcase his skills at the highest level possible. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He has a soft spot for Man Utd, trust me. 

it's funny you mention that because i remember after his goal there he was gushing about old trafford and said it was his favourite premiership ground (surely it's actually your 2nd favourite jack?!). why do i have this fear that when he signs for them he's going to say something along the lines of "villa has always been my family's club, but growing up i was always a united fan". or maybe i'm doing him a disservice.

That was my favourite goal ever. Scoring at Old Trafford, I’ve always wanted to play at Old Trafford

https://www.goal.com/en/news/ive-always-wanted-to-play-at-old-trafford-grealish-gives-man-utd-/kemsx26aoyxk1ejp4wtvwelws

I dont see where grealish fits into that United team with Fernandes and pogba. I think one has to go out to accommodate grealish.

I personally dont think united is best move for him. I think he would be better suited for chelsea or liverpool 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont see where grealish fits into that United team with Fernandes and pogba. I think one has to go out to accommodate grealish.

I personally dont think united is best move for him. I think he would be better suited for chelsea or liverpool 

that's why i do think there's an element of truth to the soft spot for united speculation. i just don't see any other reason for him going there

personally i'd prefer him to go to barca or madrid. i think he'd be brilliant there. imagine seeing him and messi linking up? he's good enough to be in that team

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I’m not sure about Chelsea given who have at the moment plus signing Werner and Ziyech.

When Grealish leaves he will cease to be a Villa player, so I don't care who he signs for or what he says, will be time to move on and get on with it. I'll be less bothered about who leaves than I will be about who we sign, as that's what has lead to these terrible past ten years, not so much the losing of our best players but the not replacing them adequately, of course we won't be in a position to replace Grealsh with a player as good, but if we spend wisely (for once) then we can improve overall and actually become a better team without him.

• Like 3

One thing that really annoys me is this “he deserves better than us” shite. 

Nobody is bigger than our club, if he goes, it’s is for financial reasons and I’ll be lumping him in the Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry category. 

This club has a frankley shameful attitude of being an “also ran” and have done for the best part of 20 years and the meek acceptance of selling our best players by its fan base bloody enables it. I get market factors are involved etc but when Jack comes back to VP I will be giving him grief he’s sold out the “club he loves”. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s not getting picked for England at us, he joins Utd he’s straight in. Then add in the fact that they are still one of the biggest clubs in world football, And the fact they have some good young players and are willing to spend big. He’d be crazy not to go there. Utd will win trophies (maybe not the league) within the next few years. Can we honestly say he will here? Unfortunately, where we are as a club right now Jack Grealish has outgrown us. Just enjoy him whilst we can

I can't see utd winning a trophy for a good long time now, unless it's the league cup, certainly dont think they have a squad capable of winning Europe and they may miss out on that as well. even if Jack goes there and makes them relevant again there is no guaranteethat he will see any Europeanor champions league football in his career. Jack at Utd would be no different from being here at villa, because man utd would be looking to him to up there game like we look for him to do that. Jack at Man utd isnt a case of being just slotted in somewhere to do is bit like he would be at spurs, Liverpool, Man city or Chelsea, at Man utd he would be the main attraction as he is here at villa because they do not have the stat studded field as the other top four clubs have.

For me anyhow a move to Man united would be crazy for Jack, now the real top four clubs yes, Spurs, Man city, Liverpool and chelsea all have a place Grealish can more than improve at, play alongside the best in the business and play constant European football. Man united would also have to get rid of a player or two to fit Grealish in and that isn't sitting well with fans as is. You also have the fact that fans would much rather pay less for someone else than pay 80 million plus for Jack.

I see tons of reasons why Jack won't be leaving and many more as to why he should stay put if a united transfer is on the cards. United don't want to pay what were asking for Jack, do you want them trying to lower the asking price in favour of us getting there rejects??

He’s gone it’s agreed in principle between Jack and United. 

160k p/w 5 year deal, Jack’s family get a “sweetener” from the agency cut. 

We’ve said we won’t stand in his way, our valuation is £80m 

Southgate has told him to go to United, “can’t develop as an attacking midfielder if always on the back foot” 

Gregg Evans etc, those close to the club know now it’s why you’re getting “be prepared pieces” 

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s gone it’s agreed in principle between Jack and United. 

160k p/w 5 year deal, Jack’s family get a “sweetener” from the agency cut. 

We’ve said we won’t stand in his way, our valuation is £80m 

Southgate has told him to go to United, “can’t develop as an attacking midfielder if always on the back foot” 

Gregg Evans etc, those close to the club know now it’s why you’re getting “be prepared pieces” 

Non sense. Their main target is Sancho.

Grealish stayed helped us get promoted and hopefully keeps us up. If he leaves he leaves its not the end of the club. Bigger players left us in the past and we are still here.

Just be careful jack the grass isnt always greener ask tekkers and downing 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Grealish stayed helped us get promoted and hopefully keeps us up. If he leaves he leaves its not the end of the club. Bigger players left us in the past and we are still here.

Just be careful jack the grass isnt always greener ask tekkers and downing 

If he keeps us up he has done everything he can for us and more.

We can have no complaints. Kid wants to play at the top level with top players

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he keeps us up he has done everything he can for us and more.

We can have no complaints. Kid wants to play at the top level with top players

I agree i dont blame him that much as we havent pushed on as we should ahve this year. We relied far too heavily on him and he probably wants to win things at a higher level.

As long as he dont do what yorke did

Â