The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

if I was Grealish's adviser I would tell him to go to either Man City , Liverpool or Abroad. Going abroad will be brilliant for him even if its for a season or two.  Somewhere like Leipzig or Sevilla maybe Athletico Madrid. Obviously if the bigger clubs Barca Real Juve come in then it's a no brainer. His football will improve big time.

Manchester United are a rudderless ship atm. Under Fergie yes do it. With OGS at the helm big mistake.  Unless he wants to get rich like.

He has a soft spot for Man Utd, trust me. 

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think he's played into all his haterz hands by getting himself into trouble, the moment he did it he must of known he'd give many idiots abit more ammunition over him.

Interested that you call people who criticise his behaviour that night/morning “idiots”.Are you implying that Jack was behaving wisely?

52 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Interested that you call people who criticise his behaviour that night/morning “idiots”.Are you implying that Jack was behaving wisely?

When I say idiots, i mean the one's that usually come out the woodwork in droves are the ones that enjoy saying the worst things about him (but you could of guessed that already and what I was trying to say). We have seen some vile people say some pretty disgusting things about him, so when you have those people trying to do such things you then need to be a little more careful in how you proceed in the public's eye. I never said Grealish is behaving wisely that and the way in which you turn my words against me instead of trying to understand what I was trying to say is just plain bonkers TBH.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

He has a soft spot for Man Utd, trust me. 

I've never seen any proof or anything on his Twitter to suggest he's a soft heart for Man utd. I'm open to being proven wrong, I think most I've seen is some jesting with some Man utd fans over possibly going there, that and the wearing a Man utd shirt, was it not a picture with his name on the back of man u shirt was it not??

Edited by Dave-R

31 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I've never seen any proof or anything on his Twitter to suggest he's a soft heart for Man utd. I'm open to being proven wrong, I think most I've seen is some jesting with some Man utd fans over possibly going there, that and the wearing a Man utd shirt, was it not a picture with his name on the back of man u shirt was it not??

He went to watch a game there a few years ago, when he was still on the fringes of the first team. I recall him posting a picture of Old Trafford and gushing about the size of the stadium, it was a hot topic on here for a short time. 

I just think it's now a matter of when and not if. I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He went to watch a game there a few years ago, when he was still on the fringes of the first team. I recall him posting a picture of Old Trafford and gushing about the size of the stadium, it was a hot topic on here for a short time. 

I just think it's now a matter of when and not if. I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

There was all that talk a week or so ago about how he nearly signed for them, I dont know all the ins and outs of it.

I dont think he would choose them over us, not unless money starts going to his head and he expects much better around him and more from the game. Who's to say the guy isnt content where he is.

You would of thought if Jack would of gone he would of gone at a time teams were really after him and spurs put in that silly offer of 10 million. I must admit i do not want to see him in a man u shirt for one reason alone I think Grealish would only do what he's doing here which is to make a whole team relevant again. If Jack was to go I'd expect him to join Spurs, Liverpool or Chelsea.

I mean if it's to happen and there is no way around stopping Jack from leaving we really do hold the cards on a transfer as he is still under contract as well which makes a player more valuable. I also think at the point clubs know he is removable from us is when they will all start crawling for his signature, you dont let a player like Grealish go to a club who could make them a serious side again, for the regular European clubs allowing man u to have him would be dangerous for one of them. Man utd were looking at who they could pass onto us out of the players they do not want, however that was a poor list but other clubs may have someone else and at that point i would seriously ask Chelsea if they would want Grealish, send JT along and try bring Tammy here and abit of money in exchange for Grealish. Yes I want Tammy at Villa so I would try get that as an option first, though some of you think Tammy would only come if Jack's still here. I think it could happen with the promise of first team football and better signings to be brought to Villa and what he wants in wages.

We will all have to see how it plays out with Grealish I'd put a bet though that Jack will stay until we go down or a club goes and puts in an offer we can not refuse and at this point with how much Jack is worth to us. I seriously think we need the talent of Jack way more than we need the money from his sale.

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Not much at all. My dad fitted a power shower for him years ago and sent me to his house to collect the payment. Big Ron welcomed me in to his hall where I waited as he went upstairs. He came back down with several £50 notes that were all gently curled. I assume he’d taken them off a very large roll of other fifties! I left with him saying ‘There you go son, thanks for the good job’. I didn’t have the bottle to mention he’d managed a great team that I’d not missed a single home match of.

Saw him in Sutton once. His head was massive. Like a pumpkin. 

I loved the club under his management. He won't be getting a statue though. Not after those comments. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Flames and fire.

Thanks.  I'd just heard that he wasnt so fussed about them because while they are massive obviously, recent years they have had a lot of turmoil and uncertainty given who they are and was somewhat reluctant to go there if other options were on the table as it's been a bit of a graveyard for talent and this seems to tally with a lot of other big name players not going there over the last few years.  I had a couple of sources but really I wouldnt put much weight into them as they were friends of friends of friends kind of situation so just as likely to be made up as anything or people speculating at the start of the rumour.  To be honest I havent heard he's interested in going to Utd if he leaves so wasnt interested if there was any smoke around that aside from the usual press speculation BS.

If he does leave us I would rather him go to a more stable club and bigger club than Man U in terms of recent success and likeliness of winning trophies.  He's got the talent but I just dont want him at Man U and go into the "Graveyard of lost talent"....sorry I meant "Theatre of dreams" and end up a nobody/sub in 4 years time while the likes of Lingard or a player with similar less talent gets more pitch time.

I just hope he stays with us and the owners price buyers out of it.

Edited by nick76

26 minutes ago, Rolta said:

That's a no then! (Also do you mean smoke and fire?!) 😁

I knew I'd got it wrong but, for the life of me, couldn't remember the correct term. 

28 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

There was all that talk a week or so ago about how he nearly signed for them, I dont know all the ins and outs of it.

I dont think he would choose them over us, not unless money starts going to his head and he expects much better around him and more from the game. Who's to say the guy isnt content where he is.

You would of thought if Jack would of gone he would of gone at a time teams were really after him and spurs put in that silly offer of 10 million. I must admit i do not want to see him in a man u shirt for one reason alone I think Grealish would only do what he's doing here which is to make a whole team relevant again. If Jack was to go I'd expect him to join Spurs, Liverpool or Chelsea.

I mean if it's to happen and there is no way around stopping Jack from leaving we really do hold the cards on a transfer as he is still under contract as well which makes a player more valuable. I also think at the point clubs know he is removable from us is when they will all start crawling for his signature, you dont let a player like Grealish go to a club who could make them a serious side again, for the regular European clubs allowing man u to have him would be dangerous for one of them. Man utd were looking at who they could pass onto us out of the players they do not want, however that was a poor list but other clubs may have someone else and at that point i would seriously ask Chelsea if they would want Grealish, send JT along and try bring Tammy here and abit of money in exchange for Grealish. Yes I want Tammy at Villa so I would try get that as an option first, though some of you think Tammy would only come if Jack's still here. I think it could happen with the promise of first team football and better signings to be brought to Villa and what he wants in wages.

We will all have to see how it plays out with Grealish I'd put a bet though that Jack will stay until we go down or a club goes and puts in an offer we can not refuse and at this point with how much Jack is worth to us. I seriously think we need the talent of Jack way more than we need the money from his sale.

We all want him to stay, but I fear that's the romantic in us.

He was all set to go to Spurs only for the new owners to come in and pull the rug on that one. I just don't see us having the time to match his ambitions. From where we are right now, at best we're probably 4 years away from being a top 6 side. You really believe he has the patience for that, a player of his ability ? Let's not kid ourselves. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

From where we are right now, at best we're probably 4 years away from being a top 6 side. You really believe he has the patience for that, a player of his ability ? Let's not kid ourselves. 

Yeah but he may stay another year to see what we do.  He's still young, loves the club and if the owners put their money in and convince him he might stay longer.  Again as I've said many times, I'm still wondering who is going to pay this big fee for him.  Man Utd, yes definitely in there as reported....links with Sancho as well so will they want both after buying Fernandes.  They are also rebuilding in other positions.  Will the pay anywhere near the money we want, I really cant see the owners budging if we stay up.  Outside of Man U, who else....it's really hard to see whose going to pay 80m for Jack, even 60m or 70m if we did cave because a lot of the big teams have what they would call an equivalent.  Man City with Foden, B Silva and De Bruyne...Chelsea with Mount and others...and so and so on.

We have 3 years on his contract left as well.  So even if Jack kicks and screams of wanting out the club, he'll have many admirers of his talent but how many will be stumping up a serious bid that our owners would even contemplate.  It only needs one I know....but I'm intrigued if that becomes a reality if we stay up.  We may not be able to match his ambitions in the next few years but somebody is going to have to show us the serious money to buy him as our owners wont let him go cheap and that is a massive barrier for him going this summer.

Now if we stay up, has a great season with us next year, gets in the Euro 21 squad and plays well.  Clubs will be swarming around him as he will have had 2 years in PL and not a one season in the big league wonder and will be an England player.  Teams with a better chance of winning trophies and playing in the champions league will be after him so he can reject Man U outright then.  

I think if we stay up he'll be around for another season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but he may stay another year to see what we do.  He's still young, loves the club and if the owners put their money in and convince him he might stay longer.  Again as I've said many times, I'm still wondering who is going to pay this big fee for him.  Man Utd, yes definitely in there as reported....links with Sancho as well so will they want both after buying Fernandes.  They are also rebuilding in other positions.  Will the pay anywhere near the money we want, I really cant see the owners budging if we stay up.  Outside of Man U, who else....it's really hard to see whose going to pay 80m for Jack, even 60m or 70m if we did cave because a lot of the big teams have what they would call an equivalent.  Man City with Foden, B Silva and De Bruyne...Chelsea with Mount and others...and so and so on.

We have 3 years on his contract left as well.  So even if Jack kicks and screams of wanting out the club, he'll have many admirers of his talent but how many will be stumping up a serious bid that our owners would even contemplate.  It only needs one I know....but I'm intrigued if that becomes a reality if we stay up.  We may not be able to match his ambitions in the next few years but somebody is going to have to show us the serious money to buy him as our owners wont let him go cheap and that is a massive barrier for him going this summer.

Now if we stay up, has a great season with us next year, gets in the Euro 21 squad and plays well.  Clubs will be swarming around him as he will have had 2 years in PL and not a one season in the big league wonder and will be an England player.  Teams with a better chance of winning trophies and playing in the champions league will be after him so he can reject Man U outright then.  

I think if we stay up he'll be around for another season.

I really hope you're right. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I dont want him to leave and i it makes me sick thinking about it but, if we stay up and get £80m for him would it be possible to add and finish building a decent team?  

Him leaving would leave a massive void. We had money to replace Ashley Young, Benteke and Tammy Abraham and messed up all three and became worse as a result so I'm not really confident due to us being weak at replacing key players since the late 90s. Another thing that seems to me we massively struggle at compared to many other clubs.

One thing we absolutely can't do if we get 80m is spent the vast majority of it on inexperienced players from mid table teams in Turkey etc. Need to find 2-3 good quality internationals who can come in and hit the ground running otherwise we will certainly get relegated even if we stay up this season.

We've had another big warning this season that our summer transfer strategy still isn't good enough.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If Suso stays I shudder to think what further damage he could do. We have lots of players with 3/4 years left on their deal we couldn't sell if we tried.

I know you're not a fan Tom but it's been disappointing. I thought with Suso contacts last summer we could go and get a Valencia player on the fringes like Gamiero or Francis Cocquelin. Didn't he also work at Atletico Madrid? Instead he seems content taking Belgian league players on tips from agents.

With or without Jack Grealish we simply need to do better. We were arguably signing better standard players in the championship. Snodgrass, Tammy Abraham and Axel are as good if not better than what we've got in those positions now. Guess that's the advantage of being a big fish in a division and we're not in premier league anymore.

Â