The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

SGC, I'd say that Dwight Yorke played his best football for Villa, then moved on to Man Utd and won more trophies. Following your logic, he wasn't world class when he was at his peak, but he became world class when he performed a tiny bit worse but in a different shirt - that's correct right?

That sounds about right, yes, no logic there whatsoever from me

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I go with top 5 in that position in the world

is Suarez a top 5 number 9 in the world? Maybe, depends more on how the role has changed and where you see certain players, Ronaldo for example is played in that role at Juve, I do think Suarezs movement off the ball is top class, very unselfish in that regard, there’s a lot of messi goals where you see Suarez pull a defender away creating space

spinning that all the way back to grealish...he will never tick that world class box, not a knock on him but he plays in a role where there are a lot of big name flash players who excel, the 5th best RB in the world for example will not be a better footballer than than the 20th best attacking midfielder

Subjective but Suarez was world class in that final season at Liverpool and he improved Barcelona when he went there. 

On 20/05/2020 at 18:31, villalad21 said:

Has it been proven there is no relegation clause in his contract? Would hate to lose him on the cheap

It’s like asking if it’s been proven you’re not a Fulham fan. ;)

If we go down he will leave. Clause or no clause.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 3

On 12/05/2020 at 00:21, VillaChris said:

Man. United has been rumoured for months so obviously something in it (just like Barry to Liverpool was rumoured although of course that didn't happen in the end).

I think if Pogba goes he fits into their team like a glove but all transfer plans are out the window with the virus.

He could play as a number 10 there (Bruno could be moved back slightly into box to box midfielder) or indeed in the front 3 which let's not forget he's been playing half a season here.

I'm not that convinced they'll get Sancho given he plays for a better club atm. It's easy to forget Dortmund play in CL every season infront of higher attendance than Man. United even if they don't have the worldwide appeal so don't see the rush for Sancho to come back to premier league. He's from London aswell so I think Chelsea would see him as an ideal signing with their transfer ban lifted.

I don't see Jack Grealish as a similar player to Paul Pogba.....fascinating in how we all see things differently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't see Jack Grealish as a similar player to Paul Pogba.....fascinating in how we all see things differently.

They've got Fred, McTominay, Matic and Fernandez as options in midfield. Even if they lose Pogba i can't see Jack fitting.

Jack can't be a holding midfielder. They play mainly 4-2-3-1. Fernandez is nailed on in the number 10 role. Jack isn't replacing Rashford at left wing.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They've got Fred, McTominay, Matic and Fernandez as options in midfield. Even if they lose Pogba i can't see Jack fitting.

Jack can't be a holding midfielder. They play mainly 4-2-3-1. Fernandez is nailed on in the number 10 role. Jack isn't replacing Rashford at left wing.

That's true, but United will likely play something like 75 club games in 11 months - there'll be 150 opportunities on the left hand side or in the number 10 position. Someone who can back up Fernandes and Rashford in both spots would likely play 40 games even in neither of them had injuries. If he starts every game at Villa Park in that time, we'll play around 50. 

I hope he doesn't go, but there's room for him.

23 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

DS has proved that he cant get us in the top half and thats where Jack wants to be,fair enough.

Is that in the same way as Alex Ferguson proved beyond any doubt that he couldn't win The Premier league by managing Manchester United for 7 years before winning it? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's true, but United will likely play something like 75 club games in 11 months - there'll be 150 opportunities on the left hand side or in the number 10 position. Someone who can back up Fernandes and Rashford in both spots would likely play 40 games even in neither of them had injuries. If he starts every game at Villa Park in that time, we'll play around 50. 

I hope he doesn't go, but there's room for him.

Think you killed your argument, Jack isnt going to go to be back up to players because while maybe he will get 40 games, if he is back up he's going to be back up on the important games and then whats the point. 

Man Utd arent going to spend 80m for a back up player. 

Man U may have room as you say but so has Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea to name but a few but that doesnt mean he's going there either.

That's nevermind the other reasons Jack is unlikely to go to Man Utd.

Man utd from what i have just read may look to lower what we want for Grealish.

So we tell them 200 million and they will offer us pogba 😂

Seriously though would you take any of these names Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo and part with Jack????

I wouldn't as Jack is practically our inform player and one of the most inform players of the league. Would you seriously take 40 or 50mill and a pick of ones of those players, not a chance in hell id take the offer, the more I think about this the more I'd say sling your hook..

now give me three of those players and 60 million then we can talk possibly.

it seems like they are desperate if all that is true and they're looking to Palm a player off on us, if that's the case, we most certainly hold the cards and we should make them pay whatever the price we want, theyd do it to us.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Man utd from what i have just read may look to lower what we want for Grealish.

So we tell them 200 million and they will offer us pogba 😂

Seriously though would you take any of these names Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo and part with Jack????

I wouldn't as Jack is practically our inform players and one of the most inform players of the league. Would you seriously take 40 or 50mill and a pick of ones of those players, not a chance in hell mistake the offer, the more I think about this the more I'd say sling your hook..

now give me three of those players and 60 million then we can talk possibly.

it seems like they are desperate if all that is true and they're looking to Palm a player off on us, if that's the case, we most certainly hold the cards and we should make them pay whatever the price we want, theyd do it to us.

Yeah hate cast offs, it should be cash only so we can buy players we want only....still have scars of Stephen Ireland.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I cant help feeling that this is Jacks last season as a Villa player.DS has proved that he cant get us in the top half and thats where Jack wants to be,fair enough.

Maybe but somebody still has to pay the fee

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be fuming if we take some highly paid shit off them.

Yeah I would to.

Whats annoying is they seem to want to offer us someone who isnt in there first team, yet Jack is in our first team. If we end up parting with Jack for a player it better be for someone we can get a worthwhile career out of ourselves and who can bring the goods.

Our mistake is we keep going for teams players who are not in the team for one reason or another, in premier football that wont work, we need first teamers who are playing the best days of there careers.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah I would to.

Whats annoying is they seem to want to offer us someone who isnt in there first team, yet Jack is in our first team. If we end up parting with Jack for a player it better be for someone we can get a worthwhile career out of ourselves and who can bring the goods.

Our mistake is we keep going for teams players who are not in the team for one reason or another, in premier football that wont work, we need first teamers who are playing the best days of there careers.

Agreed, wouldn’t touch any of those listed

• Like 1

What gets me about all this is top clubs who have players that have done less than Jack will go sell these players for100 mill plus or try to at least. I do see why if one of our players is sought after can we not make these clubs pay for a player who still making waves and out playing the best.

Our best course of action is hold onto Jack and try and improve in this league. I would even keep hold of Jack and rather have him aid in bringing us back up for a second season. If we have to fight for a second stint in the premier, it's not completely out of order to keep hold of Grealish or think about doing  it that way. We could then maybe on a second attempt spend on better quality in much needed areas and keep our players. If by any chance our lads fail at promotion, I think the message is real clear that were way a ways off from being a premier club once more and being worthy of this league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What gets me about all this is top clubs who have players that have done less than Jack will go sell these players for100 mill plus or try to at least. I do see why if one of our players is sought after can we not make these clubs pay for a player who still making waves and out playing the best.

Our best course of action is hold onto Jack and try and improve in this league. I would even keep hold of Jack and rather have him aid in bringing us back up for a second season. If we have to fight for a second stint in the premier, it's not completely out of order to keep hold of Grealish or think about doing  it that way. We could then maybe on a second attempt spend on better quality in much needed areas and keep our players. If by any chance our lads fail at promotion, I think the message is real clear that were way a ways off from being a premier club once more and being worthy of this league.

We have rich owners, we have 3 years on his contract left.....unless someone pays big he isn’t going anywhere.  I don’t want him to go anywhere, like you but even in a business sense you aren’t going to sell your biggest asset (by some way) of the club when you don’t have to.  Even if Jack wants away if we get relegated, we can still say no but even if we said ok, somebody needs to pay big bucks because we hold all the cards.

• Like 2

Â