The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

"There’ll be no shortage of takers I’m sure" who? who has 80m+ and is looking for a player like Jack and dont have other priorities like Man City are focusing on their defence.  There is not a shortage of teams that would love him in their side but there is a massive shortage of those that can afford him and will pay the fee given other priorities they have.

"we’ve done well to keep him at Villa for as long as we have"  total BS!

Grealish has been a loyal servant for us since he was 6 years old, I’m not a club insider but I’d put money on there being offers made for him in that time. Us fans don’t know how much our club wants for any of our players, this figure of £80m being banded about for Grealish is a mixture of press speculation and hearsay from our own fans. I sometimes see Kevan Grealish (Jack’s brother) or Jack’s Dad in the local area, I’ll try and get an inside scoop next time but I’m making no guarantees, I reiterate I am not a club insider and I don’t profess to be. I obviously want Grealish to stay at Villa but we don’t know his personal career alms 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish has been a loyal servant for us since he was 6 years old, I’m not a club insider but I’d put money on there being offers made for him in that time. Us fans don’t know how much our club wants for any of our players, this figure of £80m being banded about for Grealish is a mixture of press speculation and hearsay from our own fans. I sometimes see Kevan Grealish (Jack’s brother) or Jack’s Dad in the local area, I’ll try and get an inside scoop next time but I’m making no guarantees, I reiterate I am not a club insider and I don’t profess to be. I obviously want Grealish to stay at Villa but we don’t know his personal career alms 

Loyal servant since 6 years old?....he’s a bloody Villa fan playing for his boyhood club as a kid, that’s not doing us a favour, it’s the other way around like we do for 100s and 100s of kids.  Yes in later of those years he was seen as a rising star but don’t come off as he’s been loyal to us when he was learning his trade as a kid at 6 yrs old, 8, 10, 14 etc.   You also have to remember a few years back he had a few rocky years off the pitch which wasn’t putting him in good light and he was only really getting into the first team then.  Yes he’s a star now but you are exaggerating things about his past.

No way his family will tell you anything, just like they won’t tell anybody.

As for what the club wants, they’ve already said they aren’t interested in selling him and don’t need to.  The press have said 80m+ as you say but I’m guessing you don’t believe that.  As for Grealish personal career aims that will also have to fit in with Villa plans because if Villa don’t get the fee they want he goes nowhere and still has 3 years on his contract.

Loyal servant since 6 years old was a BS statement mate, you know that! 6 year olds dream of playing for their boyhood clubs, they aren’t doing it out of service.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Loyal servant since 6 years old?....he’s a bloody Villa fan playing for his boyhood club as a kid, that’s not doing us a favour, it’s the other way around like we do for 100s and 100s of kids.  Yes in later of those years he was seen as a rising star but don’t come off as he’s been loyal to us when he was learning his trade as a kid at 6 yrs old, 8, 10, 14 etc.   You also have to remember a few years back he had a few rocky years off the pitch which wasn’t putting him in good light and he was only really getting into the first team then.  Yes he’s a star now but you are exaggerating things about his past.

No way his family will tell you anything, just like they won’t tell anybody.

As for what the club wants, they’ve already said they aren’t interested in selling him and don’t need to.  The press have said 80m+ as you say but I’m guessing you don’t believe that.  As for Grealish personal career aims that will also have to fit in with Villa plans because if Villa don’t get the fee they want he goes nowhere and still has 3 years on his contract.

Loyal servant since 6 years old was a BS statement mate, you know that! 6 year olds dream of playing for their boyhood clubs, they aren’t doing it out of service.

He could’ve jumped ship at any point in that time since he was 6 years old, he is living the dream that all us fans wanted as kids. I’m sure it Jack Grealish’s dream to represent our first team when he was a child but he is now employed by the club and is under contract. He could submit a transfer request as soon as the transfer window opens or even in our wildest dreams, sign a new contract here, no-one knows

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He could’ve jumped ship at any point in that time since he was 6 years old, he is living the dream that all us fans wanted as kids. I’m sure it Jack Grealish’s dream to represent our first team when he was a child but he is now employed by the club and is under contract. He could submit a transfer request as soon as the transfer window opens or even in our wildest dreams, sign a new contract here, no-one knows

Could’ve jumped ship since he was 6 years old? What the hell are you talking about.

Yeah he could submit a transfer request, doesn’t mean we have to accept it does it.  Even if we did accept it, somebody still has to fork out in the region of 80m. Just like Zaha, if nobody pays the money then he isn’t going anywhere.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Could’ve jumped ship since he was 6 years old? What the hell are you talking about.

Yeah he could submit a transfer request, doesn’t mean we have to accept it does it.  Even if we did accept it, somebody still has to fork out in the region of 80m. Just like Zaha, if nobody pays the money then he isn’t going anywhere.

Clubs can sign any player at any age, they have to pay compensation for him. £80m is a made up figure from the media, if we did get that kind of fee for him, we would be getting a great deal but also losing a very valuable asset at the same time

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Clubs can sign any player at any age, they have to pay compensation for him. £80m is a made up figure from the media, if we did get that kind of fee for him, we would be getting a great deal but also losing a very valuable asset at the same time

I know players can move at any age, that wasnt my point but your points suggesting he was a "loyal servant" as if it was a lopsided relationship where in reality we invested heavily in a 6 year old like so many 6 year olds and throughout his 18 years at this club.  Jack is paying dividends now because how we invested in him and his talent.  We were also loyal to him as a kid when nobody knew if he was going to be a success like most kids, in fact 99% of kids never make it.  We also stood by him during his troubled years not so long ago where we had a number of incidents.  Yes we are reaping those dividends in the last number of years but your comments suggest we have reaped those rewards for 18 years, which is wrong.

Yeah the £80m is a made up figure but we may want more, you dont know either.  I think selling for that amount of money would be a bad deal.....you cant replace talent like that and we have a history as a club of not spending money well.  We dont need the money, we should should not even be entertaining selling him and should build around him.  Given the owners comments around the topic, I'd be surprised if they accept less than 80m now, it definitely wont be close to the 50-60m we know that.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I know players can move at any age, that wasnt my point but your points suggesting he was a "loyal servant" as if it was a lopsided relationship where in reality we invested heavily in a 6 year old like so many 6 year olds and throughout his 18 years at this club.  Jack is paying dividends now because how we invested in him and his talent.  We were also loyal to him as a kid when nobody knew if he was going to be a success like most kids, in fact 99% of kids never make it.  We also stood by him during his troubled years not so long ago where we had a number of incidents.  Yes we are reaping those dividends in the last number of years but your comments suggest we have reaped those rewards for 18 years, which is wrong.

Yeah the £80m is a made up figure but we may want more, you dont know either.  I think selling for that amount of money would be a bad deal.....you cant replace talent like that and we have a history as a club of not spending money well.  We dont need the money, we should should not even be entertaining selling him and should build around him.  Given the owners comments around the topic, I'd be surprised if they accept less than 80m now, it definitely wont be close to the 50-60m we know that.

I think we have nurtured Grealish for a very long time, it’s guesswork from me but I think we saw his potential from a very young age, that’s why he joined us at the age of 6. With some players you can just tell instantly how good they are and I think Grealish is one of them.His ability on the pitch is astounding, his weight of passes are amazing, it can’t be taught. We don’t have a clue if he’ll leave or for how much for, it’s guesswork for us fans and the media

45 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we have nurtured Grealish for a very long time, it’s guesswork from me but I think we saw his potential from a very young age, that’s why he joined us at the age of 6. With some players you can just tell instantly how good they are and I think Grealish is one of them.His ability on the pitch is astounding, his weight of passes are amazing, it can’t be taught. We don’t have a clue if he’ll leave or for how much for, it’s guesswork for us fans and the media

I don't disagree with what you are saying but not long ago you said he was overated this season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villaluke said:

I don't disagree with what you are saying but not long ago you said he was overated this season.

Opinions can change, we are lucky to have him here, we just need to enjoy watching him for as long as possible. Before the CoronaVirus, it was a pleasure to watch him, he was keeping us afloat almost pretty much by himself 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Opinions can change, we are lucky to have him here, we just need to enjoy watching him for as long as possible. Before the CoronaVirus, it was a pleasure to watch him, he was keeping us afloat almost pretty much by himself 

So what’s changed in the last 3 weeks for you to alter your opinion of Jack? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A basic concept a lot of people n VT doesn't seem to grasp.

It's called having an open mind and not living in an echo chamber.

Pot kettle black springs to mind...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A basic concept a lot of people n VT doesn't seem to grasp.

It's called having an open mind and not living in an echo chamber.

Yes, I think that is the best way to be, why don’t you think people grasp it villalad21?

11 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

So what’s changed in the last 3 weeks for you to alter your opinion of Jack? 

I’ve been watching videos on YouTube of him and I watched the European Cup final from 1982.  I’ve said it before on here but I’ll say it again but he looked better than anything we had back then, it was only 1 game though

On 25/05/2020 at 20:04, villalad21 said:

It's all about context.

In many games we've been outfought and it's unacceptable.

It's a manager's job to instill the right mentality and work ethic into a group of players.

Hey, @TRO, you liked this, yet when we were playing like schoolboys under Bruce with no fight, you backed him 100%

Fess up, is your name Alex?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, I think that is the best way to be, why don’t you think people grasp it villalad21?

Football fans have become like a cult. Have the "wrong" opinion and you get hounded.

Edited by villalad21

Â