The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Football fans have become like a cult. Have the "wrong" opinion and you get hounded.

Yes, I think you are correct but that cult has been around for as long as I can remember, I’m 29. 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, I think you are correct but that cult has been around for as long as I can remember, I’m 29. 

So...so so so close to my thoughts right now.

Oh and btw, I am in the cult of Grealish, just to stay on topic.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Hey, @TRO, you liked this, yet when we were playing like schoolboys under Bruce with no fight, you backed him 100%

Fess up, is your name Alex?

And so it begins............ AGAIN!! 😂😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Football fans have become like a cult. Have the "wrong" opinion and you get hounded.

Changing your opinion to suit the wind up isn't the same thing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve been watching videos on YouTube of him and I watched the European Cup final from 1982.  I’ve said it before on here but I’ll say it again but he looked better than anything we had back then, it was only 1 game though

I think Jack himself would agree that he wouldn't walk into that Championship, European and Super Cup winning team. They proved how good they were over more than one season and I was lucky enough to see them doing it. As you say your opinion is from one game. That game was a European Cup Final, against a very good Bayern Munich team and we did win it. I think that Jack is a special player by the way, but that was a special team. :cheers: 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Hey, @TRO, you liked this, yet when we were playing like schoolboys under Bruce with no fight, you backed him 100%

Fess up, is your name Alex?

You too have a problem with context.

i have never backed him 100%... whatever that means, I have backed him against allegations, i thought were unfair, that is all.

I never championed his style of football, but was in favour of the goals against columns he presided over.

They must have been good schoolboys to win 24 games in a season and just miss promotion by 2 goals.

I think your post is just designed to have a pop.....but it lacks sophistication and accuracy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John said:

I think Jack himself would agree that he wouldn't walk into that Championship, European and Super Cup winning team. They proved how good they were over more than one season and I was lucky enough to see them doing it. As you say your opinion is from one game. That game was a European Cup Final, against a very good Bayern Munich team and we did win it. I think that Jack is a special player by the way, but that was a special team. :cheers: 

From that European Cup final video that was on the official site the other day, we didn’t exactly play free flowing, attacking football. We defended well on the day, Spink had a worldie and we nicked a jammy goal on the break. On another day, we could’ve quite easily lost that match.

Grealish would’ve improved that side for me, he would’ve made us hold on to the ball a bit more and added a bit more guile. For me, he is a once in a generation player, he carries us, he has for some time. I’ve never seen a side so reliant on one player, let’s just cherish him while we still have him, otherwise we’ll regret it if he does decide to leave and he’s a very good looking lad with a nice family

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

From that European Cup final video that was on the official site the other day, we didn’t exactly play free flowing, attacking football. We defended well on the day, Spink had a worldie and we nicked a jammy goal on the break. On another day, we could’ve quite easily lost that match.

Grealish would’ve improved that side for me, he would’ve made us hold on to the ball a bit more and added a bit more guile. For me, he is a once in a generation player, he carries us, he has for some time. I’ve never seen a side so reliant on one player, let’s just cherish him while we still have him, otherwise we’ll regret it if he does decide to leave and he’s a very good looking lad with a nice family

The goal wasn't entirely jammy. It came from a good cross at the end of a sweet move. The ball bobbled, as Peter Withe shaped to hit it. It wasn't his best ever finish, but it got the job done. European Cup finals back then were often settled by a single goal and free flowing attacking football was often in short supply. We could have lost it, but we didn't. :hooray:

As I said earlier, I don't quite see who Jack would have started ahead of in that team. The midfield was a very strong point. Des played a midfield role, that isn't Jack's type of game. Mortimer and Cowans were exceptional players, that would in my opinion get into any Villa team. Morley was more of a winger, he hit the cross that produced our winner and played a massive part in getting us into the final, and in winning the championship the season before. 

Having said that, I agree with the rest of what you say about Jack in your second paragraph, although looks aren't everything...😉

Edited by John
  • Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 23:39, John said:

The goal wasn't entirely jammy. It came from a good cross at the end of a sweet move. The ball bobbled, as Peter Withe shaped to hit it. It wasn't his best ever finish, but it got the job done. European Cup finals back then were often settled by a single goal and free flowing attacking football was often in short supply. We could have lost it, but we didn't. :hooray:

As I said earlier, I don't quite see who Jack would have started ahead of in that team. The midfield was a very strong point. Des played a midfield role, that isn't Jack's type of game. Mortimer and Cowans were exceptional players, that would in my opinion get into any Villa team. Morley was more of a winger, he hit the cross that produced our winner and played a massive part in getting us into the final, and in winning the championship the season before. 

Having said that, I agree with the rest of what you say about Jack in your second paragraph, although looks aren't everything...😉

Aston Villa had such an arduous set of games to qualify for the European Cup final, anything other than huge praise, is toilet fodder.

The opposition that day was world class, how was we going to dominate them?

Lets the critics wallow in their narrow minded world of self delusion.....we won.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, John said:

I agree that looks aren’t everything, not at all, it usually means that you aren’t nice if you’re good looking. 

I wasn’t around back then in 1982, I only saw the European Cup final on VillaTV the other day so my opinion isn’t that well informed on the subject, not for the first time! I’ll leave it there!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree that looks aren’t everything, not at all, it usually means that you aren’t nice if you’re good looking. 

Wow, I've just logged onto a teen fashion website I think........are we comparing shoes yet? 🤣

It looks like VillaTalk has run out of football things to talk about.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Wow, I've just logged onto a teen fashion website I think........are we comparing shoes yet? 🤣

It looks like VillaTalk has run out of football things to talk about.

Shall we do our nails together too? There’s football on now on Freesports on free view channel number 64, Lech Poznan v Legia Warsaw 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Shall we do our nails together too? There’s football on now on Freesports on free view channel number 64, Lech Poznan v Legia Warsaw 

I'm over six foot, in my mid-forties who looks like Shrek and only just realised yesterday that I have a hole in one of my trainers that I was wearing.....not sure my nails getting done is going to help me.  

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

it usually means that you aren’t nice if you’re good looking. 

Not so.  I am an incredibly handsome man and I have a wonderful personality. 

I am also quite stunningly modest. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

it usually means that you aren’t nice if you’re good looking. 

Ah, the clarion call of the resentful uggo.

*tosses back hair majestically in the wind*

• Haha 2

Â