The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I sure as hell didn't expect us to be the worst defensive team in the league. Conceding 2 goals per game on average.

You forgot to mention we lost to Bournemouth twice 😉

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I sure as hell didn't expect us to be the worst defensive team in the league. Conceding 2 goals per game on average.

But league position? 

How many said "ill take 17th now" at the start of the season? 

• Like 1

I remember all the hype on here over Benteke before the 2014 World Cup, he got injured just before the 2014 World Cup and was never the same player again. He didn’t go to the World Cup because of the injury, everyone on here thought he’d go on to have a great World Cup and we’d sell him on to Barcelona for £80m. Call me a pessimist on this occasion but I fear that the same could happen with Grealish. I hope it doesn’t obviously, I hope Grealish spends his whole career at Villa but I just can’t see it

I don't like the way that £80m has become the generally accepted fee for Grealish and not only that but people talking about that sum as if it would represent a really good deal for us. £80m should be the least we expect for him if we go down and have no choice but to sell, if we stay up and want to keep him then we should be asking for a lot more for not only one of the best players in the world but also for a very rare type of player with a skillset that it would be very hard, if not impossible to find anywhere else. If you want to be a big club and eventually a successful one agan accomplishing desired aims and results then we have to start actinig like one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't like the way that £80m has become the generally accepted fee for Grealish and not only that but people talking about that sum as if it would represent a really good deal for us. £80m should be the least we expect for him if we go down and have no choice but to sell, if we stay up and want to keep him then we should be asking for a lot more for not only one of the best players in the world but also for a very rare type of player with a skillset that it would be very hard, if not impossible to find anywhere else. If you want to be a big club and eventually a successful one agan accomplishing desired aims and results then we have to start actinig like one.

I agree, my price for Jack is....

54951183-357B-4ABF-85D8-34E2BE281243.jpeg

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah, we ain't beating Sheffield Utd mate. They are levels above us

If we beat them I bet the fans will be crying they lost to tinpot Villa. Wilder Out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Absolute defeatist, revelling in it just so you can hope to prove your point

with fans like these...

I just can't see it. Have you watched them this season?

They'll bully us all over the pitch.

Palace, Newcastle and West Ham are the must win games.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But league position? 

How many said "ill take 17th now" at the start of the season? 

I'm pretty sure I didn't.

I thought about 13/14/15th before the season started.....after getting in to the season, I would snap your hand off for 17th.

I thought, with one of the best midfielders in the country and another being touted amongst the big boys, and £140 mill being spent, that was a reasonable shout.

Once I started to see our defending as a team, game by game, I knew we was in trouble.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm pretty sure I didn't.

I thought about 13/14/15th before the season started.....after getting in to the season, I would snap your hand off for 17th.

It's all about context.

In many games we've been outfought and it's unacceptable.

It's a manager's job to instill the right mentality and work ethic into a group of players.

• Like 1

Â