Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) 218 14
Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) 201 12
Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) 212 11
Adama Traore (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 204 11
Gerard Deulofeu (Watford) 188 10
Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City) 142 10
Felipe Anderson (West Ham United) 225 9
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea) 132 9

that is quite bonkers to be honest. very esteemed company that he is pooping all over.

and not very many England International midfielders there either. maybe need to expand that table a bit to see them....

Edited by TheMelvillan
  • Like 1

I don't understand how he could score those ridiculous volleys against Cardiff and Derby but can't seem to curl one into the top corner to save his life. I think he tries to force the issue instead of just naturally taking shots. He has it in his locker, he just needs to calm down in front of goal. Imagine if some of those shots start going in. We'd have a ridiculous player on our hands. 100m+ minimum to take him off us.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I love Jack, but I just wish he could shoot!

He’s scored the odd goal here and there, but for a player as expressive in the attacking third as he is, his shooting is absolutely shocking. Imagine if Hazard could do all the trickery in the world, but then turned into Tonev when he lashed at goal. That’s how I (harshly, perhaps) view Grealish’s ability.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50558127

We're not going to be able to keep him are we :(

Liverpool couldn't even keep Sterling or Suarez so if the player wants to go then he's gone. He's under a long term deal so if he does go we will be well compensated for it. Nothing else a supporter can do but savor every time he puts on that Villa shirt. 

He's got years ahead of him yet. And he is captaining and playing for his boyhood club in the PL and starting to tear it up on a regs. He isn't going anywhere soon unless we go down imo. It would take a ridiculous offer from either City or Liverpool as well as he's not going to win much more than he is currently at any other club in the UK. Everyone are passengers to those 2 clubs at the moment. I think it would also be close to a 100m fee(No more 50's round here) also, and why would you consider anywhere else if your Grealish.

23 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Liverpool couldn't even keep Sterling or Suarez so if the player wants to go then he's gone. He's under a long term deal so if he does go we will be well compensated for it. Nothing else a supporter can do but savor every time he puts on that Villa shirt. 

Suarez and Sterling didn't give a shit about Liverplop tbf. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

giphy.gif

He is right though. Tremendous player. Poor shot. Always been poor at it. One of his major flaws. Just doesn't strike it cleanly.

One random volley doesn't prove otherwise. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He is right though. Tremendous player. Poor shot. Always been poor at it. One of his major flaws. Just doesn't strike it cleanly.

One random volley doesn't prove otherwise. 

Thanks. I even said in my post that I love him and that he has scored the odd goal. :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I wonder how the Wolves game would have went if Jack was fit. One can only speculate but i think we would have come away with at least a draw

As I said to my Wolves mate any anyone else trying to talk about that game.  We are a completely different proposition when Jack is in the team. 

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish is twice the player Rashford is in my opinion. I like Barkley, but again, Grealish is a far better footballer. One player I do like is Oxlade Chamberlain. I think he deserves a place somewhere. Good player. 

Barkley always looks utter dogshit for England in my opinion but then whacks in a goal against some half soaked team from a country with a smaller population than London and can't then be deselected from future squads. Grealish is 4 times the player of him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mattyg38 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50558127

Grealish the creator

Carries ending in chances created
Player Total carries Carries ending in a chance created
Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) 260 17
Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) 218 14
Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) 201 12
Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) 212 11
Adama Traore (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 204 11
Gerard Deulofeu (Watford) 188 10
Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City) 142 10
Felipe Anderson (West Ham United) 225 9
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea) 132 9

Way ahead of anyone else in the league at the moment. Interestingly he is also on the "Bringing it out from the back" list. Perhaps that shows the effort he is putting in but I would rather he stays further up the pitch 

He is as good a player as I’ve ever seen at the Villa. I love him, and he is the heartbeat of the Club.

But as regards these figures...some of the guys in the Top sides are going to have a lower total than Jack as those sides have more players that do creative/dribbling stuff so it’s shared round more.

Doesnt alter the fact he is 100% class.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't understand how he could score those ridiculous volleys against Cardiff and Derby but can't seem to curl one into the top corner to save his life. I think he tries to force the issue instead of just naturally taking shots. He has it in his locker, he just needs to calm down in front of goal. Imagine if some of those shots start going in. We'd have a ridiculous player on our hands. 100m+ minimum to take him off us.

Oh he absolutely is forcing it at the moment. Doing things slightly unnaturally as a result. Last night you felt with it being in tv he was desperate for that goal he deserves. 

It's a weird one with Grealish in terms of his villa future, as to how many goals we want him to add to his game. If he was scoring crackers every other week at this level, he would very likely be leaving us in Jan. It's almost as if we want him to be really good but not great, oddly.

• Like 1

Â