The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Over 9 years ago, @sir_gary_cahill called it with Jack.  Credit it where it's due - notwithstanding the obvious stopped clock being right twice a day jibes ;)

Adam Johnson's life took a dark turn, but back in 2010 he was shaping up to be a huge talent.  It was big call to say he'd be 10x that player, but he absolutely is.

We're fortunate to have Grealish in our team.  I hope he lifts a trophy for us, for himself.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yep fair play to SGC - what a call. #SGC4ChiefScout

to be fair SGC says all our youth players will be class.........if you claim 100% will be class, the 0.1% that do are automatically called right! :P

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair SGC says all our youth players will be class.........if you claim 100% will be class, the 0.1% that do are automatically called right! :P

Who were the other highly-rated youngsters anyway? I seem to remember Crowley and Revan being two names.

14 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Who were the other highly-rated youngsters anyway? I seem to remember Crowley and Revan being two names.

Crowley yeah, so was Agbonlahor, Cahill, Hendrie, Bannan, Clark, baker, barry, moore brothers, prob many more?

Agbonlahor was the funniest for me, remember when he broke on to the scene in that first season there were reports manure wanted to sign him etc, boy did he not develop, he should never have got that last 5 year contract, terrible player those last 5 year's tainted any positive memories for me.

Barry and Cahill prob the best youth we produced in the last 20 year's? (Grealish also), and MON sold Cahill for pennies and replaced him with zat knight......

I still have a soft spot for Bannan, Houllier really rated him, I wonder if he could have made it in the prem.

Crowley....amazing his lack of development, from what I have read it was mostly self inflicted (bad attitude).

Edited by MaVilla

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Excellent today. Completely different player than who we saw started the season. Unfortunately people did him the disfavour of excusing him from poor performances when it was obvious he was below par. 

Anyway easily motm. 

In fairness to you, the switch to that free role on the left and bringing Targett in for Taylor have made a huge difference. I think he's been technically and physically superb in every game this season, but it's only the last couple of games where he's looked genuinely unplayable.

That's because he has better threats around him in Targett and Hourihane (so can't be double/triple marked), and because he's harder for CBs and DMs to pick up drifting in off a wing. I doubt West Ham (i.e. Rice) would have handled him so well if he'd been playing wide left in that game.

Fair play to DS for making this change, because I don't think it's Jack's preferred position, and I think a lot of fans saw it as a Bruce tactic.

Put another 6 key passes to his name after today.

He's now cllear third in chances created behind De Bruyne and TAA now...set pieces or no set pieces.

Take out set pieces though and he's top of the table in the PL for chances created. Nobody has created more chances from open play this season than our Jack.

He's having a career season so far this year despite playing at a higher level than the past 3 years. After taking a couple of games to get to grips with the league, his quality is just shining through now and people are finally sitting up and taking notice. You can't ignore him anymore.

And some people said he can't take his performances with him to the PL! Whatever we saw from him, McGinn, Mings even Hourihane and El Ghazi (to a point) were as good if not better than the championship in terms of numbers. Ofcourse Jack is still getting there, but it's understandable.

He finally looked like he found some confidence.

Carried us on his back to a win we probably didn't deserve. Excellent. The dribble for the goal and the absurdly good assist aside, he had so many touches of class today.

Great thing is there's still improvement to be made, some poor passes trying to serve chances up for team mates. Poor for Jack that is.

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Southgate watching, if he doesn’t think Jack can offer this England team something then jack might as well find himself a Scottish grandparent 

He still has an Irish one 😂

I will rate him 9.9 out of 10. If he had stayed down when Montoya hacked him down, Montoya would have gone for a 2nd yellow and we'd have romped home. Utter disgrace he tried to stay on his feet. Shame on him. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think the Brighton fans are abit obsessed with our Jack, he even has his own thread over there lol.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375982-Jack-Grealish-Zaha-part-Deux&s=5b91759867f44c412dd10f4ca9804f56

This is a nice microcosm of how opposition fans already have their minds made up about him without really knowing anything.

Screenshot_20191019-220242__01.thumb.jpg.081e694238666fab4c616a439d780178.jpg

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

In fairness to you, the switch to that free role on the left

Definately. I never saw him as a winger, but just roaming in the hole suits him. I thought personally he'd be better as a CM than what he was, but fortunately he found his place in the end. 

What was weird was him insisting on being a number 8 or whatever. 

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He showed why he is so important to us today. Literally everything good we do goes through him.  If he continues to play the way he did from now until the next international break he will 100% get called up. 

I think that after today there will be a clamour for from people outside of villa. I had a good root around in Twitter/ Facebook last night and other fans, even those who hate him, tend to agree that he should be in the England team.

I have to say though I was shocked and annoyed at how many people seem to really dislike him, whether it be for his hair, socks, or perceived diving tendencies. Bizarre. I did start to defend him a few times til I realised the futility of it. Hopefully the more people pay attention to his actual football the more they will see him for the class act that he really is

• Like 4

Â