The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Grealish donates 5k for villa fans funeral  say what you want about his move leaving us but that is absolutely brilliant for grealish to do that

Wow. Yikes. 

First post on here in 3 weeks 😮

Yes, nice gesture. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wow. Yikes. 

First post on here in 3 weeks 😮

Yes, nice gesture. 

I wouldnt have botherd but as its suxh a nice gesture should be mentioned.

His hearts in the right place

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldnt have botherd but as its suxh a nice gesture should be mentioned.

His hearts in the right place

I think at his heart he’s a very good person. He gets in his own way at times, with how dumb he seems to be.

• Like 3

I shouldn't have read it and it shouldn't bother me anymore, but it still does. Our former captain is reported as having said the following in the Mail Online. Link below (although that's all he has to say about us):

"When I was at Villa nobody had paid any money for me so it didn’t matter if I played bad. Also, 90 per cent of the games were not live on TV so people wouldn’t notice anyway."

It mattered to us and we did notice it (although admittedly, that didn't often happen). I know that he's aiming those remarks at pundits, but the quote to an extent, belittles us as a club, in my opinion. Reminds me a bit of Ian Ormondroyd who once said on joining us from Bradford City, "I'm in the big time now". 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12051511/Jack-Grealish-face-Gucci-100m-City-maverick-loves-joke-Haaland.html

I don't think it belittles us and it's the truth... He's now a £100m player who is on TV far more often

He's exposed to a different audience with different expectations

Shame he didn't go on to say this new audience never got to see what we all got to see

The main thing I took away from that interview is that even after a couple of seasons under a Pep, he doesn't look after himself, and thinks it's funny to give shit to Haaland for taking care of his body.

And that's why, injuries willing, I wouldn't be surprised to see Haaland going until his late 30s racking up numbers, whereas I wouldn't be surprised to see Grealish done by the time he's 32 and having a face like a ballbag when he's 40. The Gabby to Haaland's Young, if you like.

Reminds me of one of the thick kids at school who think it's funny to care.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

And that's why he left.

Champions League final and treble incoming for Jack.

Excellent again tonight

Yeah but then what? 

Back to Villa to finish the job?

Didn’t watch this game but I’m gathering he’s starting to get the hang of it !🤣 ,bits of watched in recent games he looks Rolls Royce tbh  , I’m still not happy but I see why he moved on 

11 minutes ago, Chine said:

Didn’t watch this game but I’m gathering he’s starting to get the hang of it !🤣 ,bits of watched in recent games he looks Rolls Royce tbh  , I’m still not happy but I see why he moved on 

Not me. I am a one eyed villa fan and haze zero time for him.

People have stopped watching games with their eyes.

There's no way on earth Jack Grealish is the main chance creator in this City side or in European football. He gets credited with a "chance created" every time he drives to the edge of the box, runs out of ideas, rolls a hospital pass back to someone 30 yards out, and they blast it wide.

That's why he has only 1 assist out of 35 chances created in the Champions League.

Whereas KDB has 7 assists out of 21 chances created.

Grealish had an excellent game, no doubt... kept possession well, and it was a beautiful cross for the Haaland chance. But the idea he's now England's most prolific chance creator at this level... madness.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Â