The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Embarrassing loss for City and Grealish. Must be grating for their Abu Dhabi overlords to spend a billion quid and have to watch that. 

Do you really think they watch?

Haha! Too bad, no Charity Shield trophy for you Greedlish.

Intersting to see him in the man C team, one reflection is that he and for example Bernardo Silva looked on par. But on Jack they splashed £100M.

As I said before, I predict this being the beginning of the end of the City dominance era. A poor decision by them to spend that much money on one player who isn't really improving first eleven they already have. 

• Like 2

I want Jack to do well because he’s a class player, and it will be sad for that talent to go to waste. In the end he’s helped us have one of our best transfer windows ever, and not embarrassed us like Kane / Spurs situation.

But I will enjoy watching City fluff their lines, and I’ll definitely enjoy their stupid, spoilt fans turning on Jack.

• Like 1

With the increased profile you get even more haters. Good thing he went to a club where at least his fans adore him anyway right?

With regards to his performance today, it was very reminiscent of how he plays for England. Just stuck out on the left waiting for the ball and when he gets it, not enough movement ahead of him so forced to lay it off. It'll probably be better when De Bruyne is back though.

• Like 1

I can't help but wonder if we may look back on the deal one day and say we did well to get £100m. Are his shins knackered? Will he "enjoy" the party boy/celebrity lifestyle a little too much? It may actually turn out that he's already played the best stuff in his career.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

I can't help but wonder if we may look back on the deal one day and say we did well to get £100m. Are his shins knackered? Will he "enjoy" the party boy/celebrity lifestyle a little too much? It may actually turn out that he's already played the best stuff in his career.

The way our club fought tooth and nail to keep him I doubt it. I get the feeling that opposition fans may have been right though, in that he plays his best football when he's the focal point of the team.

I don’t think he’s the finished article although some may say he should be close to it at 25 . Pep will know what he’s got to do with him and Jack will know he’s going to have to change his game a bit to fit into that team. You’ll see a settling in period for the first half of the season then probably changes to his game coming through by the second half of the season . All being well for Jack, pep will still be there next season and you’ll then see a player with more variety to his game that suits City . I thought he did ok today. He’s good at what he does, but he’s a working progress. That’s how I think pep sees it anyway . 

£100m impact player?

I hope he’s awful for them. I hope he wins nothing, and I hope the fans turn on him.

So much so that he wants to come home, and we can get him back on loan for the next 5 seasons (after this one) and pay half his wages, and be £100m richer at the same time.

fingers crossed!

Â