The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

It’s been said a number of times over the last couple of months, I think even Percy mentioned it.

Even The Athletic who hate us have said it.  I don’t have subscription to them to get behind the paywall so got a link referring to it from City side of reporting.  Sorry would look for a better link but haven’t got time at the moment.

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/transfer-rumours/what-aston-villa-have-told-transfer-targets-about-jack-grealish-future-amid-man-city-interest

Yes, but the media talk bollocks and make stuff up…

• Like 1

Just now, Joey2Arms said:

So, is it official that the offer is 90m plus a player? That would mean that there’s either no release clause…or…they haven’t met it. 

yep the media said thats the offer which is poor lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58032330

Manchester City have made a club-record £100m bid for Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish.

City manager Pep Guardiola has made the 25-year-old English midfielder one of his major targets this summer.

It is understood there has been communication between the two clubs throughout the summer.

City have made their move before Grealish returns to Villa for the start of pre-season training.

BBC sport reporting the bid now, no mention of any player swap though...

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58032330

BBC sport reporting the bid now, no mention of any player swap though...

“It is understood there has been communication between the two clubs throughout the summer.

Someone’s lying because when these rumors initially popped up a couple weeks ago every report said no talks had taken place between the two teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I just can’t imagine he wants to leave, if he thought we could be competitive in the next 2/3 seasons surely he would stay?

Its the club he absolutely loves, his whole family love, it’s more than just liking the club, his whole family going back generations LOVE the club

Makes no sense to me to join City and who would seriously want to play in that rank sky blue coloured kit! 

People never talk about his family. His little sister has cerebral paulsy and his brother who sadly passed away - well his grave is in Brum. His family go to VP to watch him. What will happen? Will they be able to go to the Emptihad? Will they all move to Manchester away from family, friends, doctors?

I would imagine it would mean huge changes for the Grealish family. Maybe they are fine with it but I’m sure it’s part of the consideration for Jack as he is very close to them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smg said:

A very positive way of looking at it, but if Jack wants to go , Jack will go, do we need a potentially half arsed resentful player, regardless of his back story  or £100 mill that we could invest in replacements that are fully focused on moving the club forwards ? There is no doubt he is a Villa man but he possibly wants more than we as a club can offer at this time in his career, it’s a shame but we have to look to the future as a club  not as a player.

Jack would never be half arsed resentful player, you’ll never convince me of that, he loves Villa too much.  He may be slightly disappointed if he even wants to go, which we don’t know but will be forgotten quickly.

The rest of what you said, no disrespect but it’s very negative and in my mind doesn’t reflect reality.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smg said:

A very positive way of looking at it, but if Jack wants to go , Jack will go, do we need a potentially half arsed resentful player, regardless of his back story  or £100 mill that we could invest in replacements that are fully focused on moving the club forwards ? There is no doubt he is a Villa man but he possibly wants more than we as a club can offer at this time in his career, it’s a shame but we have to look to the future as a club  not as a player.

It all depends on the contract and the release clause. 

If there is no release clause, and I owned rhe villa, and had 30 odd billion in the bank, he'd be going nowhere. 

I simply wouldn't care about the 100m or so fee. I wouldn't care about the wages. 

If he didn't want to play, I'd make him serve the beers in the holte end for the next 4 years. 

These players need to honour thier contracts - or am I the only one bothered about that anymore? 

• Like 3

Just now, TheAuthority said:

People never talk about his family. His little sister has cerebral paulsy and his brother who sadly passed away - well his grave is in Brum. His family go to VP to watch him. What will happen? Will they be able to go to the Emptihad? Will they all move to Manchester away from family, friends, doctors?

I would imagine it would mean huge changes for the Grealish family. Maybe they are fine with it but I’m sure it’s part of the consideration for Jack as he is very close to them.

Manchester is not far from birmingham. Dont think its s consideration

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I just can’t imagine he wants to leave, if he thought we could be competitive in the next 2/3 seasons surely he would stay?

Its the club he absolutely loves, his whole family love, it’s more than just liking the club, his whole family going back generations LOVE the club. 

Makes no sense to me to join City and who would seriously want to play in that rank sky blue coloured kit! 

It’s also his job and he is no doubt ambitious, wants to win trophies and play for one of the best managers in the world. 

Maybe he feels after 20 years it’s time for something new, he won’t love the club any less by moving to another club. It’s just business. 

Also let’s not forget he has a big Irish family and he turned his back on the national team in favor of England. Plus he was all set to leave the club and join Tottenham had Levy chucked in another couple of million.

• Like 1

if he wants to go, let him go, I'm not going to hold it against him at all, he's already gave us three seasons longer than we thought we would get out of him.

Just get the deal done and press on, I'm more concerned about AVFC than I am about Jack Grealish.

I'm not saying that I want him to go, far from it, but it is what it is, we just need to go hell for leather to at least stand still for the upcoming season if he does go.

• Like 2

Â