The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

My 10 year old supports man city. I've been fighting for him to support villa all his life. There are green shoots, he's currently wearing the green away top a couple of seasons ago and taking more of an interest. If grealish goes there, I've no chance! 

If he goes, I feel that part of the soul that still exists in top flight football that isn't monopolised by the big teams will have gone. 

As someone pointed out. We can only spend so much. Man city can spend £100 mil on one player. Its broken. 

• Like 2

Just now, chrisvilla4 said:

My 10 year old supports man city. I've been fighting for him to support villa all his life. There are green shoots, he's currently wearing the green away top a couple of seasons ago and taking more of an interest. If grealish goes there, I've no chance! 

If he goes, I feel that part of the soul that still exists in top flight football that isn't monopolised by the big teams will have gone. 

As someone pointed out. We can only spend so much. Man city can spend £100 mil on one player. Its broken. 

It also means that jack didnt believe in  the project what happened?

27 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

This annoys me a bit tbh. It’s not like he’s forgotten the journey we’ve been on, the fact the fan base has always been 100% behind him and that he’s not only been loved, but made a multi-millionaire and capped international player by the club he claims to love.

He wants more, he wants it now and he’s prepared to seriously damage the project being built around his talent to have that instant gratification. 

I’d rather we didn’t demean ourselves with melancholy bollo*ks, get the best value we can for him and move on. I believe in the owners ambition, in Smith’s ability to coach, the youth set up, and the back room boys knowledge to recruit and build a great team. 

“Emi Buen-dia,

From Argentiiina…”

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Lets state the facts as we know.

Grealish wants to play with KDB

No marketing material in the club shop or website featuring Grealish

Confirmed £100 million offer made

Club not come out and said not for sale.

New updated contract offered, but not signed as yet.

No one officially saying he won't go.

Don't look good does it?

Depends on how you spin it. I could just as easily say:

He was just sending respect to KDB after he was complimented by De Bruyne. Never said he wanted to play for him.

They probably finalized the away kit while Grealish was on holiday so they wouldn’t have been able to get him photographed.

They already posted plenty of photos of Grealish in the home kit.

Villa have already said a billion times Grealish isn’t for sale.

Grealish isn’t even back so when would he have signed the new contract? That would be done in person.

Just a little reminder, Premier League are still investigating Man City who only got off on a technicality - time-barred investigations that the Premier League.

This, though, has not deterred the Premier League as the ruling on Tuesday underlines. City had lodged the appeal after a high‑court judge ruled against the club with regard to the reporting of its dispute with the governing body.

The three-judge court of appeal dismissed City’s argument. One of these, Sir Julian Flaux, the chancellor of the high court, said: “The suggestion that press interest and speculation might disrupt the investigation or the arbitration, where both are being conducted by experienced professionals, is entirely fanciful. Likewise the suggestion that press comment and speculation following publication might damage the club’s relations with commercial partners was unconvincing.

“As Lord Justice Males [one of the other two judges] said during the course of argument, any potential commercial partner with whom the club might enter a contract would be bound to conduct due diligence, which would reveal the existence of the investigation and the dispute.”

As the arbitration was public knowledge the club’s argument that it cannot have a fair hearing was also dismissed. “[This] would seem to be a non-lawyer’s interpretation of the allegation of apparent bias,” Sir Julian said.

City strongly deny any wrongdoing regarding financial fair play. The Premier League supported the club’s argument regarding confidentiality but with the caveat that the league in the future “should be free to rely on and disclose the Merits Judgment in other arbitration proceedings against other member clubs”.

However, the court ruled this was actually a counterproductive argument. “It is difficult to envisage a more eloquent demonstration as to why publication of the Merits Judgment is in the public interest,” Sir Julian said.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/20/court-ruling-shows-premier-league-still-investigating-manchester-city-over-ffp

• Like 1

Just now, ccfcman said:

Just a little reminder, Premier League are still investigating Man City who only got off on a technicality - time-barred investigations that the Premier League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/20/court-ruling-shows-premier-league-still-investigating-manchester-city-over-ffp

Yep they need to be but the problem is it will take years and they are going big now so nothing happens the top 6 are safe.

My middle son is six, just starting to take an interest in Villa and especially Jack. He already has a few kits and one with Grealish on the back.

He genuinely got a little teary-eyed when I told him Jack might be leaving.

I remember how I felt as a young lad myself when Platt went, then again Yorke, Barry...we are just feed for the bigger fish if this Grealish transfer happens.

So demoralising and almost futile.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No marketing material in the club shop or website featuring Grealish

Yes there is. I just checked. On laptop or desktop mode on mobile he's main picture home kit link

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

My sincere condolences. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Haha 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

My middle son is six, just starting to take an interest in Villa and especially Jack. He already has a few kits and one with Grealish on the back.

I remember how I felt as a young lad myself when Platt went, then again Yorke, Barry...we are just feed for the bigger fish if this Grealish transfer happens.

Bad Daddy, you need to have a good look in the mirror pal.

• Sad 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Excactly. Which is why the club can’t let him go for any sum of money if we’re not contractually obliged to do so. 

6 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

One of the longest standing City fans then…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thats why our owners need to say if jack goes what they are doing after this project stuff was pushed so hard.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I genuinely felt that Jack had the courage, the love and the ability that the others didn’t have.. that he would stay and drag us to the Champions League.. 

I guess there’s still a slim chance of being right.. we’ll find out soon enough 

• Haha 1

Â