The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm alot more confident this release clause might not exist.

If it did I could see a suarez arsenal bid taking place of 1p more than clause that Liverpool encountered.

We're not out of the woods but I'd love villa board to tell city " Thanks but we don't need you're money give levy a call and bother him" lol

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

Just now, villan501 said:

I'm alot more confident this release clause might not exist.

If it did I could see a suarez type arsenal bid taking place of 1p more than clause.

We're not out of the woods but I'd love villa board to tell city " Thanks but we don't need you're money give levy a call and bother him" lol

I wouldn't begrudge him a move. I'm amazed no champions league team apart from spurs low ball offer has come in for him. The boy is quality and you could see that a long time ago. He owes us nothing and will always be villa. If he has the chance to move somewhere where he can win the league then good luck to him. Sad for us but I dont think he will wait around for another 2 or 3 years while we try to get into Europe. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes, and Rob Dorsett *I think*, is fairly accurate. 

I will find it hilarious if we demand £150m or something daft and the media are all there scratching their heads wondering why we haven’t bent over backwards. 

Lest they forget Nassef Sawiris and Wes Eden’s aren’t here to make friends. $$$.

Here comes the moneeeeey!!

God I love our current owners. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I wouldn't begrudge him a move. I'm amazed no champions league team apart from spurs low ball offer has come in for him. The boy is quality and you could see that a long time ago. He owes us nothing and will always be villa. If he has the chance to move somewhere where he can win the league then good luck to him. Sad for us but I dont think he will wait around for another 2 or 3 years while we try to get into Europe. 

Levy blew it he must regret being tight everyday. Don't get me wrong I'm so glad he is an NSWE saved us.

42 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

On SSN now if you wanna here more speculation.

I don't, but thanks anyway.

*edit* just read it was remarkably balanced. I am shocked.

Edited by TheStagMan

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

No he won’t…

Once he has signed a contract and he plans to play against us, he isn’t one of us anymore…

That is kind of true, but I still wouldn't boo him.  Just becomes another Premier League player. 

If there is no release clause then why are there even any talks at all? Surely we just tell them  he’s not for sale full stop ? 

we don’t  need the cash and there would be no pressure to sell whatsoever whether the player would like to go or not - slam down the phone and make it clear they are wasting their time . 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Jack has just spent weeks with the England squad getting a taste of what he'd get at City. Big name, but no guarantee of starting and having to be part of a squad with playing time here and there. Whereas here he knows hes the man - plays every game, everything goes through him. He loves playing football - he'll realise that's at villa. 

I'd like to add to that getting used to what life would be like at City, which means they Guarantee Jack a title or a trophy then when he leaves Villa for City it doesn't arrive for seasons. All pretty much like Southgate getting alot to believe we were going to win the Euros and then fell at the final hurdle, I fear that's what is going to happen if Jack leaves.

• Like 1

If there is no release clause, then I don't think there is a chance in hell the owners will sell Jack, even if he wants to go.

More and more Non 'big SKY' clubs are refusing to be bullied by big clubs, players and agents.

The owners don't need to sell Jack, they don't need the money, I doubt they will take kindly to any attempt at being bullied into selling any of our players.

The biggest issue is what was said/promised when he signed the new contract, if there wasn't a release clause in writing, was there an agreement that if one of the Top 3 came in for him and met a certain fee, we would consider the offer. Even when I type that I think that unless such an agreement was put in writing it's utterly worthless.

I don't see that the club could have promised anything more than what we achieved this season, not many clubs that have almost suffered relegation can hope for more than mid table stability the following season. I can't see Jack insisting the owners spend 200 million on transfers, because that would also be impossible due to FFP (and Covid).

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If there is no release clause then why are there even any talks at all? Surely we just tell them  he’s not for sale full stop ? 

we don’t  need the cash and there would be no pressure to sell whatsoever whether the player would like to go or not - slam down the phone and make it clear they are wasting their time . 

Thats not entirely correct due to ffp. 

We will need to free up funds sooner rather than later to enable us to keep growing. Hopefully this can be done with other players but 100m would do wonders for our ability to grow.

Im hoping he stays but if not it wouldn't be all bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I'd like to add to that getting used to what life would be like at City, which means they Guarantee Jack a title or a trophy then when he leaves Villa for City it doesn't arrive for seasons. All pretty much like Southgate getting alot to believe we were going to win the Euros and then fell at the final hurdle, I fear that's what is going to happen if Jack leaves.

Just imagine:

Jack leaves, we make break a British transfer record…

and Jack goes to win trophy and trophy, medal and medal… for years…

and then FIFA, UEFA and the FA find Man City guilty of financial irregularities and they and their players are forced to hand back every single trophy and medal…

That would be so, so sweet…

• Haha 3

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Exactly, surely these journos would be saying "if city can meet the release clause of x amount"

yep...that's gone very quiet indeed. not been mentioned in any of the day's reports

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Thats not entirely correct due to ffp. 

We will need to free up funds sooner rather than later to enable us to keep growing. Hopefully this can be done with other players but 100m would do wonders for our ability to grow.

Im hoping he stays but if not it wouldn't be all bad.

I wouldn’t think we need to sell for ffp reasons - not sure it would do wonders to help us grow - very dependant on who we bought and I think grealish is irreplaceable .

If there is no clause I see no reason whatsoever to even talk to city about a deal - tell them no chance 

1 minute ago, JONESYVILLA said:

I agree, Jack goes and I wouldn’t want to see the number 10 shirt used ever again. Would be too much of a reminder of what we had and lost.

we should retire it, probably close every stadium seat with 10 on it and maybe do an applause in the 10th second of every minute of the game

• Like 2

Â