The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Tumblerseven said:

I disagree with some of you guys that club almost should force him to complete his deal.

I believe 100% that there is gentlemens agreemet with jack and club.

Jack stayed in championship with us. Helped to promote us. Hes god damn mister villa.

In my view hes done enough to get whatever he demands.

If he wants to leave let him go cry and deal with it.

But dont even think to act with him in bad faith dont start waving a that 5year deal in front of his nose..Just let him go

Good thing is he doesn’t want to go then. 

Just now, Awol said:

You worry about what’s going to happen to your club now the courts have ordered all the information on Citeh’s finances to be handed over. Worry about that, not trolling fans of other clubs. 

I’ll be laughing my cock off when the hammer falls on the plastic palace that is Manchester City FC. 

I would be laughing too if Man Citys wheels fell off, not sure why people get wound up when someone has a different view to them.

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm still quite confident he'll stay, just because I believe NSWE understand how central Jack is to their ambitions. Only way they'd accept is if City came in with of an offer of something like £150m, which I just do not think they'll do.

Agree, the only way they could get him is if they offer crazy money. NSWE will have no desire to sell, do not need the money and Jack is already on a long contract.

He’s not a priority for them, they need a striker, a goalscorer. They could go for Haaland, Mbappe, Neymar, L Martinez, Lukaku… not just Kane. If they are really allowed to spend so heavily…

Can’t see how they would have enough left over for Jack or any other elite player after completing such a deal… unless they start selling players. 

They will continue to be under scrutiny too… financial doping and whatnot…

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed but if they bid anything over 120m they’ll get their man.

Agree

But at £40m over their record deal and £30m over the PL record deal I don't believe that they'll bid anything over £120m

That is pretty mad money tbf 4th biggest all time in the world once you convert it 

Edit - strong pound, 3rd biggest transfer fee of all time, current rate results in 141m€

Edited by villa4europe

Have to wonder if City are using this hole scenario as a smokescreen so they can swoop in and get Kane somewhat under the radar.

Thats what I’m hoping anyway. 😬

As others have said we hold all the cards, so we will see!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

I disagree with some of you guys that club almost should force him to complete his deal.

Jack stayed in championship with us. Helped to promote us. Hes god damn mister villa.

But dont even think to act with him in bad faith dont start waving a that 5year deal in front of his nose..Just let him go

WTF? Are you joking?

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

How does it? We have no idea what the negotiations are doing, it could be anything from one way discussion to full on close discussion and thats if it’s true. Then you’re assuming a lot about Jack.

I think there’s a very strong possibility that Jack would want to go to City for all the reasons many OPs have stated. I can’t see him pushing for a move as in demanding to leave but I just think there maybe something pre-agreed when he signed (not an official rehearse clause) hence City pressing ahead and negotiating. As many have said we do hold most of the cards but if Jack has told Dean and NSWE he would like to go would they just tell him that he has to stay, end of? I’m not so sure actually. 

All guesswork and speculation and I could well be completely wrong. Either way we will all know in a few days I would imagine. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I find this very interesting. It basically assumes that there isn’t a release clause because there would not be any need for negotiation if it existed. It’s worded as if Jack has said he’s happy with what Man City have offered and would like to go, but won’t force a move unless the price on his head is met. 

Here’s an interesting thought. I wonder if NSWE and the management team actually think they can improve the team if Man City meet a specific fee for the player? 

Whether we like it or not, every player has his price. 

Not necessarily true. There could be a release clause but City consider it too high so feel the need to negotiate a lower fee?  

That said, I don’t think any of them know what’s going on behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, JONESYVILLA said:

I would be laughing too if Man Citys wheels fell off, not sure why people get wound up when someone has a different view to them.

Honestly if you wanted to be more believable at least comment in some other threads and show you actually have some knowledge of what is happening at Villa.

Some of what you’ve posted just screams visiting fan with no absolute clue at all.

• Like 1

One of the biggest issues is that we are such a one man club, all our play and tactics are geared to go through Jack.

We managed to occasionally learn to win/not lose without him towards the end of last season, but on the whole we struggled, we always struggle without him.

With only a few weeks left till the season kicks off, trying to reset our tactics and formation to work without Jack, along with bringing in new players to bed in to try and cushion the impact of him leaving will be next to impossible.

It depends on the impact of Buendia and any additional new signings, but losing Jack would put us back 6 months at least, even if the reinvestment in the club could mean our overall quality goes up, it will still take time.

Which is why if there isn't a release clause I don't think the club will let him go, even if he wants to. The best Jack could hope for is a big pay raise and an extra year at the club with the promise that he can go at the end of the year - with a big ass release cause (if he still wants to).

If there is a release cause in his current contract then it's probably game over, I think they days of 'club for life players' has long gone. There is no loyality, only money, corruption, ego and celebrity. FFP is a joke, none of the governing bodies care where money comes from as long as they get the biggest cut possible.

When Ash Young 1.0 was at the club in the MON era, he was being touted by ITKs every year to be joining Spurs, before social media and the extent of the click bait bullsh*t we get now, and he never joined them. I hope this is the same, but a part of me thinks Jack or someone at the club would have come out and denied some of the media w*nk frenzy, I don't even think any of the ex Villa players who claim to know something usually have said anything.

At this stage it will honestly be a relief if whatever happens, just happens and quickly.

Edited by VillanousOne

Just because there's a release clause (or gentleman's agreement) doesn't mean there's no room for negotiations. Transfer fees are normally amortized over the lifetime of a player's contract. Similarly the fee is generally paid in multiple installments. Occasionally clubs who have a player with a release clause make it difficult for the buying club by demanding the entire fee up front, making it tricky to navigate FFP. Jack can go for £100m. It's a matter of whether City are willing to pay it (and potentially how it's structured)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

So many reports of it being 'close'.

I know the reality is that that order of things can be different, but aren't there 3 basic stages....

1. Bid accepted
  2. Players wants to leave
  3. Agree personal terms
  4. Pass medical

I can't see 3 and 4 (even with sore shins) being an issue,, so the only real things to sort is a bid being accepted and Jack's desire to leave.

Unless Jack has told Citeh he wants to join them - it is **** miles away from being done.

As for negotiations...

Citeh - how much for Jack?
Villa  - **** off
Citeh - would you accept £80m?
Villa - **** off
Citeh - £85m
Villa - **** off

We have far too much class for that. 

Our response will be "Please be so kind as to fornicate away from our immediate vicinity" 

• Haha 1

One tactic the club could employ would be to say to Jack  - we don't want you to leave, so you're not for sale at any price. If you want to leave, then put in a transfer request.

This wold put Jack in a really hard position, as he knows it'll massively tarnish his legacy at the club he loves. Plus - I believe that a transfer request would mean he relinquishes certain payments in his contract (not ITK, just a standard clause to breakup a contract if the club chooses to, rather than the player).

If he asks to leave - it doesn't change the fee we ask for, though.

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s gone mate will go up to Manchester Sunday, photos etc Monday. There’s a £100m clause his agents have done us dirty. No way NSWE would have accepted a fee as they don’t want to sell, this is a gut punch for the project. Sadly the clubs hands are tied this is all camp Grealish. That’s all lies he may well be a fan but his price is cheap he’s a snake

There's a release clause, but there's no way NWSE would have accepted a fee. Make it make sense.

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s gone mate will go up to Manchester Sunday, photos etc Monday. There’s a £100m clause his agents have done us dirty. No way NSWE would have accepted a fee as they don’t want to sell, this is a gut punch for the project. Sadly the clubs hands are tied this is all camp Grealish. That’s all lies he may well be a fan but his price is cheap he’s a snake

Bit early to start drinking!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Lol shut up. 

4 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Yeah. I imagine we said at the last contract - we can’t write a guarantee in your contract, but you stay another season and we have a gentleman’s agreement to let you go for X. Which is where all this confusion over a release clause may be coming from. It’s not legal - it’s verbal.

But if we did say that, then we have to be gentlemen and uphold it. That’s fair.

I think Jack has a big call to make this weekend. I don’t think even he knows right now if he is staying or going…

• Like 1

Â