The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I'm still quite confident he'll stay, just because I believe NSWE understand how central Jack is to their ambitions. Only way they'd accept is if City came in with of an offer of something like £150m, which I just do not think they'll do.

It'd be almost triple their transfer record. Don't think they want Jack that bad.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I'm with you. In reality is Kane worth more, maybe cause he is a striker? I'm not so sure, he certainly don't have the following jack has. NWSE will be thinking of the marketing power jack has, yes he is a quality footballer, but he is gonna make a club a lot of money over the seasons with his following, that's worth £50m on it's own I've no doubt.

For me he is £120m at least.

It’s simple for me, if there’s no clause then he’s contracted to us for another 4 years. We can still get the same price (£80-100m) in 2 years time when his contract is in danger of running out providing he doesn’t sign a new one. The offer has to be his value to us as a club over the next 2 years plus that figure.

Not that they’d ever want to pay it, but that figure is what, £200m? If there’s nothing forcing us to sell then we shouldn’t be agreeing on anything that isn’t absolutely crazy.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If there is a release clause, what is there to negotiate then? Either trigger it or jog on.

Exactly - they’d probs try their luck but they’d be well aware of the situation to even be in for him - certainly no way they’d pay over £100m but remember it’s what jacks value may have been a year ago when he signed the deal - obviously his value has risen in the last year but I’d expect a year ago a clause of £100m to be realistic - percy said he believed there was a substantial release clause in his article wgich I posted on page 2700 of the thread so I’d be very surprised if under £100m 

my feeling is city will prioritise a striker now 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s simple for me, if there’s no clause then he’s contracted to us for another 4 years. We can still get the same price (£80-100m) in 2 years time when his contract is in danger of running out providing he doesn’t sign a new one. The offer has to be his value to us as a club over the next 2 years plus that figure.

Not that they’d ever want to pay it, but that figure is what, £200m? If there’s nothing forcing us to sell then we shouldn’t be agreeing on anything that isn’t absolutely crazy.

Yeah I'd be disappointed if NSWE accepted anything in the range of the low to mid 100's. They can get that next year or even the year after.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yeah I'd be disappointed if NSWE accepted anything in the range of the low to mid 100's. They can get that next year or even the year after.

You cash out when your assets are at their most valuable, his stock is high now off the back of a few appearances at the Euros, not so much if his shins give again.

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I find this very interesting. It basically assumes that there isn’t a release clause because there would not be any need for negotiation if it existed. It’s worded as if Jack has said he’s happy with what Man City have offered and would like to go, but won’t force a move unless the price on his head is met. 

Here’s an interesting thought. I wonder if NSWE and the management team actually think they can improve the team if Man City meet a specific fee for the player? 

Whether we like it or not, every player has his price. 

• Like 1

Just now, JONESYVILLA said:

You cash out when your assets are at their most valuable, his stock is high now off the back of a few appearances at the Euros, not so much if his shins give again.

His stock is only going to keep rising, shin splints and all 

• Like 1

Fairly confident he'll sign a new deal with us. Wouldn't surprise me if a number of our 'big name' incomings this summer hinge on him staying too (like, they're verbally agreed with the caveat of Jack staying), hence why there's not been much action in the past few weeks.

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Agreed but if they bid anything over 120m they’ll get their man.

• Like 1

I disagree with some of you guys that club almost should force him to complete his deal.

I believe 100% that there is gentlemens agreemet with jack and club.

Jack stayed in championship with us. Helped to promote us. Hes god damn mister villa.

In my view hes done enough to get whatever he demands.

If he wants to leave let him go cry and deal with it.

But dont even think to act with him in bad faith dont start waving a that 5year deal in front of his nose..Just let him go

Edited by Tumblerseven
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, JONESYVILLA said:

You worry about what’s going to happen to your club now the courts have ordered all the information on Citeh’s finances to be handed over. Worry about that, not trolling fans of other clubs. 

I’ll be laughing my cock off when the hammer falls on the plastic palace that is Manchester City FC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tumblerseven said:

I disagree with some of you guys that club almost should force him to complete his deal.

I believe 100% that there is gentlemens agreemet with jack and club.

Jack stayed in championship with us. Helped to promote us. Hes god damn mister villa.

In my view hes done enough to get whatever he demands.

If he wants to leave let him go cry and deal with it.

But dont even think to act with him in bad faith dont start waving a that 5year deal in front of his nose..Just let him go

Good thing is he doesn’t want to go then. 

Just now, Awol said:

You worry about what’s going to happen to your club now the courts have ordered all the information on Citeh’s finances to be handed over. Worry about that, not trolling fans of other clubs. 

I’ll be laughing my cock off when the hammer falls on the plastic palace that is Manchester City FC. 

I would be laughing too if Man Citys wheels fell off, not sure why people get wound up when someone has a different view to them.

Â