The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

21 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Just to show how stupid this whole story is, for those that are concerned, ESPN gives us a perfect example:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4419542/manchester-city-close-to-100m-british-record-move-for-jack-grealish-sources%3fplatform=amp

The article starts with: 

Manchester City are close to reaching an agreement with Aston Villa for Jack Grealish, sources have told ESPN.“

and later on contains: 

“City have so far declined to comment, but sources said a fee has yet to be agreed between the Premier League champions and Villa.

Sources have told ESPN formal talks between the clubs are yet to take place but there is a belief at City a deal is achievable after Euro 2020.”

So to sum it up, a record breaking $100 million deal is close to happening yet no fee has been agreed nor have the teams even talked to each other about it

yeah i mentioned it a while back but that is completely for clicks I think

Close to reaching an agreement --> No fee agreed between the clubs --> clubs haven't even had formal talks. Well yes, then it's obvious that an agreement is close

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure it is best for him.  Just because it’s Man City and winning trophies doesn’t always mean a player going there is going to be successful personally.  If he ends up being a bit part player, he flops he’s going to be miserable and not get the exposure he loves.  He going to be a average fish in a massive pond there where he’s a massive fish in a mid pond here.  You only have to see how miserable he is on the bench or coming off after X minutes on England duty to see what his life might be like at Man City.

He has everything here and if the owners are true to their word we maybe fighting at the higher end over the next couple of years, maybe Europe the season after next.  Jack is the star, he would be part of that and the main part of that.

He may be a complete success at Man City and be the next KDB there but it’s a huge risk given the competition there and playing for England he can the impact of that.

Doesnt matter, it’s not going to happen anyway this summer.  He’ll sign a new deal and we’ll go again.

Well let’s hope he does sign a new deal and we can finish a few places higher next season so he stays.

Personally I think he is going to be a top player into his late 30’s doing a Scholes moving into defensive midfield in his twilight 

• Like 1

So just to satisfy my curiosity. Has another club actually bid for Jack Grealish this week then? 

I am assuming the answer is "no its the usual summer sewing circle chatter" but there seemed to be a lot of activity so I figured I would ask.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

So just to satisfy my curiosity. Has another club actually bid for Jack Grealish? 

I am assuming the answer is "no" but there seemed to be a lot of activity so I figured I would ask.

4FA0F29D-3158-4D8E-99BF-321D773AC240.webp

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hoping for another marquee signing after Buendia to really show Jack we mean business. We're 1 attacker, 1 DCM and 1 CB away from really seriously challenging I imagine.

Yep. If we can add eg. Alvarez and JWP with A N Other CB we’ll be a stonking outfit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

So just to satisfy my curiosity. Has another club actually bid for Jack Grealish this week then? 

I am assuming the answer is "no its the usual summer sewing circle chatter" but there seemed to be a lot of activity so I figured I would ask.

I don't believe it happens like that. The player is sounded out if he is open to a move - broad terms suggested.

Buying club says he wants to come - a bit of posturing about the fee - fee agreed ..he moves.

Of course we don't if JG had suggested he is open to a move. But equally purslows phone does suddenly ring and its Pep on the phone offering £100m for Grealish.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No

My understanding is that the daily mail reported that the sun was reporting via an anonymous source that man City were thinking about preparing a bid after the euros as long as they could sell some players first which was enough for talksport and sky, in association with their betting partners, to declare it as good as done 

Knickers were wet 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't believe it happens like that. The player is sounded out if he is open to a move - broad terms suggested.

Buying club says he wants to come - a bit of posturing about the fee - fee agreed ..he moves.

Of course we don't if JG had suggested he is open to a move. But equally purslows phone does suddenly ring and its Pep on the phone offering £100m for Grealish.

I think it very much varies depending on the situation.  

I think re Jack they’ll be sounding out the player and club around the same time.  We already hear that Txiki has tried to get on the blower with Purslow.  No doubt Txiki’s had a chat with Barnett.  He’s just putting feelers out to both parties if something could be done down the line.  

I’m guessing one conversation went better than the other.  Barnett obviously will be really keen but as he’s found out previously Jack has his own mind.  

We know Purslow is likely to be pleasant but saying no chance but will be then talking to NSWE about next steps and obviously in contact with Jack.  

This will just end up with Purslow and NSWE convincing Jack and a big bumper contract and Barnett crying that his cheque isn’t as big as he would like and Purslow calling Txiki saying thanks but no thanks.

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’ve seen this mentioned a few times and it’s encouraging but I wouldn’t read to much in to it. The way an owner runs one club may not be the same as the other. Look at Arsenal,  Liverpool and Villa with Lerner as examples. Saying that Lerner managed to run both of his clubs very badly. 

Listening to talkShite on the way home and they’re discussing the front three.

Some low IQ prick called craig (one of the hosts) says Mount over Grealish.  Jamie o’hara and Darren ambrose are like ‘you mad?’

And this low IQ prick says ‘Mount has won the champions league this season, what’s Grealish won?’

The **** low IQ person 30 second earlier states he’d pick Saka over Foden.  Foden won the premier league, wtf did Saka win?  Don’t get me wrong, Saka gets in ahead of Foden for me too.

wtf has Kane won this season? Rice? Philips? Maguire? Shaw? Rashford? Pickford?

WTF did Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar win this season?

I don’t mind properly reasoned arguments, but thick bastards piss me off.

/rant

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

If people stopped listening to talkshite and paying any attention to their bs, they’d be all the more better off..

Can’t help it.  
I enjoy being angry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â