The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Chelsea will have no interest in him.  After the players they have, recently brought they are set for what they need.

I mean they are buying Kai Havertz ffs.

I buy him guaranteed on FIFA for us.

Gets to 99, the kid is incredible.

i thought bigger clubs than Chelsea would be in for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know and that’s after buying Ziyech and Werner.  Their attacking force is going to be be incredible but their defensive issues will still be there unless they invest in them as well.

Edited by nick76

47 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He would have been a good player, nothing more.

I think what will be remembered more than anything is that he supposedly was a Villa fan that was living the dream as captain and local hero, but decided to throw it away for more glamour and money. 

Now it's fully possible he decides to stay if we keep our place in the league. Jack's at a crossroad now.

Until that happens lets not pretend this is sone kind of small garden shed club where everyone needs to move on to get success, win trophies or become rich. 

Swear the smalltime talk on this forum EVERY single time we have a good player is so pathetic. Whether it's tekkers, Grealish, Young, Milner, Barry, ever since Yorke left there's such a loser mentality in this club it's unreal. If any of you ever have a kid you might as well stear them away from this shirt. 

Not only should good players move on cause nothing good can ever come of staying a Villa player, but we should some how be grateful when it happens. I've never ever met fans that are such natural born losers as Villa fans and I travel to watch football and different teams all over Europe.

With grealish it isn't small time talk though. He deserves to be ayong for a team that can win the champions league which is something we can't even dream of for another 5 seasons. 

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These things always crack me up.

So you watch one of the biggest clubs in the world with some top players have a bad performance and all of a sudden they are garbage? 3rd in the League.

Similarly a few United fans could have watched some of Jack's recent poor performances and say the same.

Football doesn't work this way.

ok........sorry😥

• Haha 1

Andy Mitten who writes United fanzine and has connections in the club thinks they wont sign Jack. He said serious background checks are done and Ole wont like the car incident at start of lockdown

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I know and that’s after buying Ziyech and Werner.  Their attacking force is going to be be incredible but their defensive issues will still be there unless they invest in them as well.

Indeed, for certain there will be no interest from Chelsea for Jack (I'm still not convinced Jack will go, but I am a old-fashioned romantic after all)

A clear signal of the replacing of the old guard, ala Pedro, Willian and Giroud (fine wine). I suspect there may be a few outgoing to balance the FFP equation but cannot see where per se. Clearly will look to offload  both Zappacosta (ACL inj) and Moses, who on the books for 1 more year, Drinkwater signed a five-year contract in 2017 (😬 Please don't be foolish enough Villa) and Batshuayi. 

I wonder if Tammy is being readied by the door. Then you look toward Barkley, Loftus-Cheek or Hudson-Odoi.

Could there be any potential signings for Villa there?

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He said serious background checks are done and Ole wont like the car incident at start of lockdown

If only we had done similar with some of the players we have signed over the last 8 years!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Andy Mitten who writes United fanzine and has connections in the club thinks they wont sign Jack. He said serious background checks are done and Ole wont like the car incident at start of lockdown

ole shouldn't like the fact that man utd are shite either 🤣

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'm so torn on the Jack issue and I am particularly fickle about the matter. At times I want him to captain the club until retirement. Of course Jack has a major say in that too. I think he is torn between the club he loves and his ambition. Ultimately I think ambition will win out. But make no mistake, under Purslow's watch, I don't consider his move occurring unless the price is right for Villa.

The pragmatist in me thinks we should cash in this summer, whilst his stock is extremely high. I have this abiding fear that he is going to commit some career-ruining act and we must sell before its too late. Disclaimer, I do not know him personally or know anything beyond the company he keeps and gutter press clippings. Furthermore, he is clearly an extremely talented footballer, so his ability on the pitch will not limit his achievment. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
Added to

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If only we had done similar with some of the players we have signed over the last 8 years!

We did, we asked Ross McCormack barmam and pizza delivery guy. His barman said he was putting his kids through college and the pizza guy said Ross tipped him double if he got through his gate. 

Have a feeling he already agreed personal terms with one or two other clubs, and that he has a gentleman's agreement that we wouldn't stand in his way of leaving should someone meet our asking price/we get relegated. If we stay up, however, I'm not sure about him leaving. If Manchester United said they weren't going to spend more than £50 mil on Sancho, why would they go out and spend more on Jack when Sancho is more of a priority for them? I'm also guessing that if we do stay up, our valuation of him is going to be around £80 mil or a bit higher, and I don't see anyone forking out that type of money in this climate 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you look at what Chelsea have achieved in the last 20 years. They are pretty big to be fair.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

How do you know we’re not?

Decent piece in The Athletic about it. *paywall

Havertz previously imagined representing Real Madrid, but the Spaniards made clear they could not do the deal at present. Despite his camp planning to allow a short period for other suitors to show their hand, as things stand it is developing into a one-horse race.

Basically current finances of other top European clubs. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I suspect they are/will be.

I wouldn't rule out Man City & Liverpool sniffing around him.

I was told a few months back he was up here in Cheshire viewing houses. Make of that what you will.

• Like 1

Â