The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

46 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Another good performance this evening. When I saw him lying comatose on a street in [?] Ibiza a couple of years ago I really feared that our Jack was spiralling downwards uncontrollably. 

But now I dare to hope he has un-messed his head and is going to show us what some always believed he was capable of.

Although immensely unfashionable to say such a thing, I have a sneaky feeling that Steve Bruce has handled him better than a succession of more Villatalk-favoured managers sucky as Garde, RDM.

I think that last paragraph is probably true. 

Think the injury might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Maybe help him focus and its allowed him to get himself stronger and faster 

So Bruce did know how to shape the team around Jack then :P

Has been handled very well, and I think the injury at the start of the season has really intensified his mind set. He's had a glimpse of missing out and appears he didn't want to

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So Bruce did know how to shape the team around Jack then :P

Has been handled very well, and I think the injury at the start of the season has really intensified his mind set. He's had a glimpse of missing out and appears he didn't want to

It does seem like he's been handled perfectly.  He almost accepts getting fouled now and tries to carry on.  Runs with the ball more often, is strong when on the ball.  He's a class act and getting better.

This is the Jack that we've always thought he could be.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

So good in himself but it’s more than that IMO. His presence means we have 3 players with the type of ability to worry an opposition rather than 2. That of itself enables the other 2 to achieve a bit more and it finally means we are giving the opposition something to worry about rather than us worrying about them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

Finally showing how good he can (and let's face it, should!) be for us. Hoping he stays clear of injuries as he's easily our most influential player in our team. He's absolutely essential to our play off hopes. 

He played well today and good to see him getting a decent run in the team. He is one of our assets if we can play to his game more where possible we will benefit greatly imo.

• Like 1

We always talk about his wobbly years but honestly what did we expect in the mess we were over the past years, we finally have a bit of stabilty in terms of manager ownership ect professionals at the club Terry Jedi Snodgrass ect a diffrent manager rubbish players and a toxic environment was not going to aid his career,  we were linkied with Coutinho under Lambert imagine if he did sign him back then,I doubt he would have developed into a £140 million player he would probably be in the same boat as Adama!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

We always talk about his wobbly years but honestly what did we expect in the mess we were over the past years, we finally have a bit of stabilty in terms of manager ownership ect professionals at the club Terry Jedi Snodgrass ect a diffrent manager rubbish players and a toxic environment was not going to aid his career,  we were linkied with Coutinho under Lambert imagine if he did sign him back then,I doubt he would have developed into a £140 million player he would probably be in the same boat as Adama!

Jack has unfortunately come through at the wrong time. That has stunted his development and then his own immature behaviour has made it worse. 

Think this could now be the new beginning he needs.  

His introduction has really kicked the team onto another level. 

We were becoming easy to play against as all teams had to do was double up on our wingers and we were toothless.

Jack has added another threat which has also taken the spotlight off the wings the free them up a bit.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 13:25, Zatman said:

watching the highlights on Youtube, not sure if the club provides commentary but they keep calling him Grellish

Chap I work with used to play youth football with him, he keeps telling me the correct pronunciation is 'Grellish' rather than 'Greelish' and corrects me every time I say 'Greelish'

I thought he was just being daft, but like you say, the commentator on AVTV also says 'Grellish' so I think my friend may well be right.

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Chap I work with used to play youth football with him, he keeps telling me the correct pronunciation is 'Grellish' rather than 'Greelish' and corrects me every time I say 'Greelish'

I thought he was just being daft, but like you say, the commentator on AVTV also says 'Grellish' so I think my friend may well be right.

I think jacks brother who used to post on here said you pronounce the a so it's Gre A lish, so I'd say your mate is wrong 

Edited by mikeyp102

I admit a couple months ago I thought we'd be fine never seeing Jack play for us again. After that fabulous cup semi he'd been a waste of space.

Now, things have changed. He has changed. He's very important creating things and making room, especially for Adomah, to do his bit. These two, together with Snodgrass, are a real force. 

• Like 1

Â