The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's too slow witted on the ball, will hold onto it rather than playing the right pass, as a result he often breaks up our own counters. It's absolutely crucial that he learns how and when to release the ball at the right time. 

He certainly has talent, but it's sink or swim time. 

Same old argument, personally I'm on the he has **** moving in front of him side of the fence

Certainly having played under 6 different managers since making his debut has done no favors to Jack's development.  I'm talking about his understanding of the pro game and whats needed at different stages of a match depending on the circumstances.

I'm crossing my fingers that finally there are some seniors around him who have been there and done that and can really help him grow. Terry, Snodgrass, Whelan and a fit again Kodjia are hopefully better pro's to look up to than Gabby, Richards etc. They are certainly better to pass to than Hutton!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Another young player being written off by fans way too early. Here I am seeing Jonathan Hogg holding together a Huddersfield midfield in the Prem, Mark Albrighton winning the league, the list gets ever longer and we never learn...

(*Some* fans I should say)

I would say the fact Hogg is now a PL midfielder and performing in the PL just show the standards of the PL are ever decreasing.

I honestly don't know where he fits in the team. He needs to to improve his game to get into the starting line up for me. For all his potential he hasn't shown a great deal for me except for the odd moment and game here and there.

Good off the bench against tired players, but not a starter for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villianusa said:

I honestly don't know where he fits in the team. He needs to to improve his game to get into the starting line up for me. For all his potential he hasn't shown a great deal for me except for the odd moment and game here and there.

Good off the bench against tired players, but not a starter for me.

I see him playing on the left. Him and Adomah to fight it out for that position. On his day the best we have and for me must be a starter. A player that can make a real difference at this level.

Apart from his tweet any other news about his return?

On 19/09/2017 at 16:41, clip on mullet said:

I see him playing on the left. Him and Adomah to fight it out for that position. On his day the best we have and for me must be a starter. A player that can make a real difference at this level.

Apart from his tweet any other news about his return?

On his day, I don't think he's as good as Adomah on his day. I hope he improves, but he needs to learn to play the risky and imaginative forward passes through opposition defences, take on opposition more often and have a few more shots at goal. 

I'd put it all down to confidence. If he can get that then he'll be reaching Adomah levels (with potential for further improvement).

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He doesn't get in ahead of Adomah so where else does he play in this formation?

Adomah back on the right and on the left?

Also Davis is young he won't play every single game so there will be times where grealish behind kodjia is the way to go. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Adomah back on the right and on the left?

Also Davis is young he won't play every single game so there will be times where grealish behind kodjia is the way to go. 

I don't see Bruce dropping Snograss, so if Grealish is going to be wide it will be as back up. Potentially off Kodjia though, perhaps that way we will get to see Bruce's pre-season masterplan.

On 19/09/2017 at 00:05, Adam2003 said:

Another young player being written off by fans way too early. Here I am seeing Jonathan Hogg holding together a Huddersfield midfield in the Prem, Mark Albrighton winning the league, the list gets ever longer and we never learn...

(*Some* fans I should say)

Good post. Also plenty of other players in the football league.

What I think this shows is that Villa hasn't be been a good place to develop these players.

What's heartening is that we produce them. 

As for Jack, with the emergence of Davis and Green and the signing of Snodgrass there's a lot less pressure on Jack to be the main man. 

I think few months away from the spotlight will be good for Jack. It'll be a test, he won't be first choice and he won't walk back into the first team. Hopefully the time away injured will make him hungry to improve and create a healthy competition that drives everyone forward. 

11 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Good post. Also plenty of other players in the football league.

What I think this shows is that Villa hasn't be been a good place to develop these players.

What's heartening is that we produce them. 

As for Jack, with the emergence of Davis and Green and the signing of Snodgrass there's a lot less pressure on Jack to be the main man. 

I think few months away from the spotlight will be good for Jack. It'll be a test, he won't be first choice and he won't walk back into the first team. Hopefully the time away injured will make him hungry to improve and create a healthy competition that drives everyone forward. 

From the playing side yes. From the fans, I think some still expect him to beat 3 players and create or score a goal every time he gets the ball. 

Here is my left-field prediction for the future that we can all ridicule, marvel at or (Most likely) forget I wrote it in a few years time -

Jack Grealish will develop in to a dynamic high energy central midfielder. His skill at intercepting the ball or nicking it from the opponent's feet will make up for any lack of crunch. He's hard to knock off the ball without fouling him and from the centre of the pitch he'll have his pick of passes. He'll be the out ball for the defence and support for the attack.

I can see it happening. I really think he'll be able to open games up for us from that type of position. He's a better header of the ball than he's given credit for in my opinion and a lot tougher than people think (He gets kicked relentlessly in games and gets up and carries on). And, from the centre of the field he'll constantly be involved and I think this will suit him and develop his focus and concentration.

Jack+Grealish.gif

He could take the intensity.

TzQDoV0.gif

See a bit more of this.

ImperturbableThickBuckeyebutterfly.gif

And more of this all coming from the middle of the pitch.

• Like 1

Â