The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Well I reckon a player ought to have achieved something at the top level before being squabbled over by national team coaches.

For all his buckets of ability he's not really achieved a great deal just yet.

ticks just about every england player box going then...

would love to see him give lallana a run for his money, 15 caps and done just about **** all

jumping the gun i think jack's success with england will depend on where roy and the future managers see ross barkley playing, the diamond is in and its working so i can see that changing, do they see barkley as the back up for the number 10 role? (they obviously dont see him as a starter yet, 3 starts in 2 years, all in games vs shit teams) or see him dropping deeper, i think there is potentially a role for him there already, like i said i dont rate lallana or think he's done anything of merit yet for england and sterling can be pushed wide or further up, if he's up against sterling, lallana and barkley for that no 10 role then he'll do well to get a sniff, he hasnt got the hype to make it happen

I wouldn't have thought either Ireland or England are actually going to play him at senior level for the foreseeable future, so there really is no need for him to "choose". Perhaps he's waiting until it is apparent that one or both is making a serious offer of playing time before deciding.

I wouldn't have thought either Ireland or England are actually going to play him at senior level for the foreseeable future, so there really is no need for him to "choose". Perhaps he's waiting until it is apparent that one or both is making a serious offer of playing time before deciding.

He'd walk into the Irish team where the likes of John O'Shea and Glenn Whelan are automatic starters.

Be nice if the parents of these players would piss off and let the kids make their own decision. I'm Irish, but as Jack has lived in England his whole life I'd have no problem with him playing for you lot. I'd be disappointed  though as he's got all it takes to be a leading prem league player and the Irish team is in dire need of a little class.

It would be annoying if he based his ten year international career on next summer...

And I think he will get a chance with England, he'll get the token call up in October to prevent Ireland getting him, if he does ok then who knows, Roy's also stated at the weekend that he has doubts over welbeck and Sturridge because of fitness issues, there's every danger one or two others will get injured along the way too, lallana, chamberlain and Walcott probably, I don't think it will be a tick the box think about him again in about four years exercise

I think he should just retire from international football just to put it to bed. amount of idiots badmouthing him because he doesnt want to play for Ireland and that he isnt all that then at end of same sentence say you can win 80 caps for Ireland or 3 for England are clowns that have never seen him play

Let him reach his potential first and be one of the best in the world, make England desperate to get him, the FA will offer him silly money if he chooses them and then he doesn't need to leave Villa for more money, as he will earn bucket loads from England. Future solved ! 

On talksport they mentioned him. They think he is waiting on whether Ireland qualify and if so will go with them. Obviously they are just making this up, but it would be annoying that's the reason he will choose his nationality.

If Ireland qualify and he then declares I hope we don't bring him to the world cup. I don't care if he's good enough it's not fair on the players who played all through qualification to have him come in at the last minute only because we qualify. He either declares before the end of qualification or doesn't go.

• Like 1

I think he's talking about the Euros, in which case that's probably only 1 game away. So it's not like he waited all through qualification as he really only has been available so to speak for 2 or 3 games.

Edited by Keyblade

I doubt he has any chance of the Euros unless England lose a lot of players to injury.

He's not ready to play for England yet, he has a lot to learn even with his talent.

If he does choose England and does well over the next 2 years then maybe he will make the next WC squad but 1st he needs to prove he has what it takes week in week out in the Premier League

Choosing England according to independent. Can't say I'm surprised. At least his value will sky rocket when the impending transfer request comes!

Please make it stop.

Help yourself to speculating about other players, but please leave Jack Grealish alone ffs. He's grown up at Villa, his family are Villa through and through. He's notorious for living and breathing Aston Villa. Maybe one day the years of speculation will wear him out like they did Dwight Yorke, but for now I'd imagine he's a very happy Villan. Way too early for Sale-by-Internet-Messageboard.

• Like 1

On talksport they mentioned him. They think he is waiting on whether Ireland qualify and if so will go with them. Obviously they are just making this up, but it would be annoying that's the reason he will choose his nationality.

If Ireland qualify and he then declares I hope we don't bring him to the world cup. I don't care if he's good enough it's not fair on the players who played all through qualification to have him come in at the last minute only because we qualify. He either declares before the end of qualification or doesn't go.

Would that be the World Cup that excludes all the teams outside of Europe?

I hate the England team but at least it means he'll probably get called up less and therefore less chance of injury. Also he is actually technically English anyway. ;)

To be honest, I think his nationality in footballing terms is really about who he feels happiest representing...

latest?cb=20121112150543

Â