The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Tim Sherwood was extremely positive about Grealish. He also revealed the cheeky response which the attacker gave on hearing news that he was in the starting XI.

Do you know what he said to me? Bout time!

The Aston Villa manager spoke about Grealish’s love of the club and how he plays with “wing mirrors”.

Jack did well against QPR. I was sure when I put him in that he would do well and perform. He didn’t let me down. He’s not fazed. He knows the fabric of the club. He knows every turnstile at Villa Park. No-one cares more than Jack Grealish.

But it’s not just about his heart and desire to keep this club in the league. It’s also about his ability and what he carries. He’s aware, he can open teams up, he can dribble past people, he’s got a massive future at this football club.

Jack really cares about this football club. I need people who are going to fight for the cause. Not only has he got the hunger, he’s got the ability too. If I wasn’t sure about him, I wouldn’t be putting him in. I looked for a No.10. I looked at my options. He was my No.1. He has good awareness. He plays with wing mirrors.

• Like 4

I still fear we are over hyping him. He's played a handful of games, has had some tidy movement, had limited impact in a few games, one assist (?) and one sending off. Ultimately his end product is severely lacking at the moment, his greatest contribution normally comes from winning free kicks.

Don't get me wrong, he's got bags of potential but I don't think he should be starting still. I think N'Zogbia (recently) and Gil (on the few games he's played) offer more from kick off. Grealish should still be an impact sub, using his trickery against tired legs. He might be ready for starts next season but needs a little more strength and think we need more experience in that position until we are mathematically safe. 

Totally agree. 

The technique is good, his close control is excellent and he's terrific at drawing fouls from the opposition, but we're yet to see end product.

Yep to go to White Hart Lane and not look out of place is some achievement for the young man. He will only improve and its good that we have a manager who is not afraid to pick player from our academy in such important games. 

I can't wait for him to get his first goal! When we're stretching the opposition, he needs to get forward and just curl the ball round the keeper like he did many times for the U21s and Notts County!

• Like 1

In a few games the refs will hopefully get over this idiotic "new player needs to be hardened" and start giving him freekicks when he's fouled.

One of the many things a dislike about english refs, they seem to refuse giving freekicks to players who are new to the league, whereas you can't even look sideways at some one like Gerrard without him being given a freekick.

Also hate that you can do pretty much any horror tackle you wan't without getting a card as long as it is in the opening minutes of the game

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

A possible appearance for The Villa at Wembley so early in his Villa career! Being a supporter he will know that these chances don't come along very often at all. I have a sneaky feeling that he do something a little special on the day!

• Like 3

Needs to slowly bulk up a little, not Gabby fat/bulk but get a little stronger as he gets older.

Oh and sort out the barnet.

Agree with the first bit, and you are right, he does have to be careful about the bulking up because of his playing style.

As to the hair - I like it! That and the rolled down socks gives him that certain something that sets him apart.

Â