The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Build up was wonderful, Grealish had a great goal at what could of been a very tough angle for alot of players, he deserved every bit of that goal.

Hopefully this is the start of a wonderful run.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I really hope he keeps this up and improves. Scoring a goal shouldn’t be huge news for an attacking midfielder. 

It shouldn't but since 2010 or 2011, our midfielders haven't been providing much assistance in the goalscoring department (apart from Adomah's run) so at Villa, not just for Jack, it kind of is a big deal.

Said to mate prior to the game I had a feeling he’d score.

So nice to see him getting behind the defence, that’s where we want to see him, not on the edge of our box. 

Took the goal well, after a great turn and ball from Tammy 

That run from their corner was great and Jack in full flow.

Second half looked to be taking the piss at times. 

Lets hope Smith keeps pushing him and gets more from him, as play like that and no one on this league can handle him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

It shouldn't but since 2010 or 2011, our midfielders haven't been providing much assistance in the goalscoring department (apart from Adomah's run) so at Villa, not just for Jack, it kind of is a big deal.

Hourihane also scored 11 last year & Snodgrass 7. Pretty decent return from midfield when you add alberts 14 and a few others dotted around

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Sorry to disappoint you. 

Not disappointed at all. He is actually doing what he should be doing rather than just running around aimlessly until someone kicks him. Passed the ball around quickly & well for the most part last week and got a goal & assist tonight. That is what attacking midfielders should be contributing...

It has taken him 127 appearances to get 10 goals, If this is a change in the right direction it can only be a good thing.

Edited by LakotaDakota

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Hourihane also scored 11 last year & Snodgrass 7. Pretty decent return from midfield when you add alberts 14 and a few others dotted around

I was thinking about those players from last season as an exception but was too lazy to type it if I'm honest.

19 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Had a good game getting a goal and an assist in the process.

Can see his game developing under Dean Smith already.

Dean clearly has plans on how to play him from his post match interview. 

Â