The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, zak said:

The rumour is that an add on to the deal was Villa get an extra £15m if Man City/Grealish win the league. You can imagine as it's probably Villa Vs Man city to decide the league, it's getting hot in Twitter

That doesn't really make sense if the release clause was £100m, why would City offer an extra £15m on top?  Also if it was £85m to start with the other £15m only being paid if they win the league, surely we would have just told them to **** off and he would stay.

On 17/05/2022 at 08:20, Ingram85 said:

“Ya got a spare light fam”? 

They look like a group of chavs who hang round outside One Stop causing trouble. 

That’s basically what they are

Micah Richards supposedly said this on 'talksport'

"Steve Gerrard would like to win the league for Liverpool on Sunday but Villa has a clause in Jack Grealish deal that could land them extra £15 million if City wins the league and in this business Money comes first."

I've only seen the quote written down, presumably he was joking, but it's been taken out of context and used as clickbait, if he was serious about the clause I doubt he'd seriously suggest that we would throw the game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

That doesn't really make sense if the release clause was £100m, why would City offer an extra £15m on top?  Also if it was £85m to start with the other £15m only being paid if they win the league, surely we would have just told them to **** off and he would stay.

Was the £100m paid all up front? Maybe we agreed to have the fee spread over a few seasons if they agreed to this bonus? 

13 minutes ago, useless said:

"Steve Gerrard would like to win the league for Liverpool on Sunday but Villa has a clause in Jack Grealish deal that could land them extra £15 million if City wins the league and in this business Money comes first."

I've only seen the quote written down, presumably he was joking, but it's been taken out of context and used as clickbait, if he was serious about the clause I doubt he'd seriously suggest that we would throw the game.

Surely a joke.

54 minutes ago, useless said:

He didn’t say it at all. He’s come out and said that he didn’t say it and he hasn’t been on Talksport for years.

Another example of social media at its worst where someone makes up a story and within a few hours people are taking it as truth.

• Thanks 2

Thanks react_thanks.png That doesn't surprise me, Daily Star wrote an article based on it now deleted, which shows how these false rumors can spread.

Edited by useless

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Where’s this conspiracy about us getting a big fee if City win the league? 

It started from Liverpool fans that we get 15 million from the Grealish transfer if they win the league even though was a release clause. 

Its obviously a cover for them if we lose but I am happy to tell them about it to annoy them 😛😂

5 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So people think that all of our players and our manager would somehow be happy to throw a game in order for the club to get a bit more money in? 

Have I got that right? 

I dont think our manager would be happy to throw it🤔

Purslow might also be confused 😉

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Also when the transfer was agreed the games were scheduled. So we would have known about this as the last game of the season was arranged

Lads FFS. You can't just write anything you want into a contract. Clauses all have to be lawful, just because both parties sign doesn't mean what amounts to an actual crime is ok.

Think about it,  a clause where we get paid additional money if the team we sell a player to wins the league is match fixing. City would be financially rewarding us to throw our 2 games against them. If they then signed 4 players from 4 other clubs on the same terms then they have financially incentivised clubs to throw them 30 points!

If that clause existed in a contract both clubs would be relegated or worse. 

• Like 2

Like most of what comes out of Micah Richards' mouth, complete and utter garbage.

English football was somehow cheapened further the day armchair enthusiasts everywhere decided that Richards was a "breath of fresh air" in the Sky Sports studio.

He is to punditry what Jake Paul is to boxing.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Like most of what comes out of Micah Richards' mouth, complete and utter garbage.

Probably should have finished reading to the bottom of the thread :D 

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Probably should have finished reading to the bottom of the thread :D 

Like most of what comes out of the Daily Star rag, complete and utter garbage.

English journalism was somehow cheapened further the day armchair enthusiasts everywhere decided it was was a "breath of fresh air" in the tabloid world.

It is to journalism what Micah Richards is to football punditry

😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kevpants said:

Lads FFS. You can't just write anything you want into a contract. Clauses all have to be lawful, just because both parties sign doesn't mean what amounts to an actual crime is ok.

Think about it,  a clause where we get paid additional money if the team we sell a player to wins the league is match fixing. City would be financially rewarding us to throw our 2 games against them. If they then signed 4 players from 4 other clubs on the same terms then they have financially incentivised clubs to throw them 30 points!

It would be worse. Much worse. It's utter utter hyperbunkum. 

21 hours ago, useless said:

Richards is a **** idiot and I genuinely don't know how he managed to get himself such a lucrative broadcasting career.

6 hours ago, kevpants said:

I'm not sure that's true if I'm honest

You always hear stories about bonuses and incentives, winning stuff and CL qualification etc I don't think it comes under match fixing 

Havertz is officially Chelseas highest transfer because they had to pay leverkusen a CL bonus for example, real Madrid have had to pay Chelsea £20m for winning la liga and the CL, not sure about 2 PL teams though

Theres still professional pride, how does Gerrard tell the players not to bother on Sunday because then his transfer kitty will be bigger? Not going to happen is it and then even if it did or Gerrard played the U23s it would still come under suspiscion as an isolated incident, I assumed the PL monitored that kind of thing for every game due to gambling

FWIW the grealish clause is a load of bollocks

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â