The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Shit, I’ve actually completely missed that England played these games. I haven’t watched a single minute. That’s some contrast to the peak Grealish hype of the Euros when I couldn’t stop consuming content. I’m not surprised to see him starting for Southgate now, it was inevitable once he got his move. The whole thing has put me off football for a while tbh. 

It’s laughable isn’t it, what could possibly changed so much in his game in so little time for Southgate to be starting him? Absolutely bonkers he’ll be one of the undroppable ones now like Sterling and Kane 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Which still made him one of the better players out there... He was OK, nothing more nothing less, him and Mount look like something is there but Mount was poor, he was the best out of England's attack 

He has a Luke Shaw problem, not on the same wave length at all, said in the match thread he doesn't overlap and seems reluctant to give him the ball

What he was poor at tonight was judging the ref, come the end of the game he got a fair few fouls (6) but he also went down softly another 3 or 4 at least which he was clearly never getting because no one else was either and then he bitched about it, the one where he was in behind but gave up because of the tug was laughable, he can't do that 

Shaw, Sterling and Walker 100% avoid giving him the ball for England.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

There are about 100 million memes coming out in Poland tonight about Jack Grealish being an absolute wasteman who was in the right back’s pocket and got bullied by Glik and it is absolutely beautiful.

👏👏😂Please feel free to share mate 👍

• Like 1

He didnt have the best game but was still one of the better players. Not helped by the ref who let Poland get away with quite a few fouls on him.

Also on a few occasions Jack is trying the one twos, give and go kind of thing but his team mates never seem to get the ball back to him,often passing sideways to someone else. Sterling was his usual greedy self in the second half just not willing to pass quicker. Kane was also average but scored a great goal out of nowhere. 

It was a good game, Poland played very well and made life difficult for us. They deserved a point. 

• Like 3

The story I think if Jack Grealish flops at City would be something similar to this:

The rise of Jack Grealish at Aston Villa made to feel he had to move by an England manager (Ex Villa player). For seasons Southgate kept telling Grealish an already star at Villa that he had to join a top 4 club in order to get International caps and minutes. Jack Grealish joins Manchester City for 100 million puts in a few good performances, he never truly hit his stride like he did for his Villans, where he wreaked havoc on the pitch at a constant rate.

Truth of this story is he was good enough to be played at the Euros by Southgate and was constantly denied. Why was this pressure added to the player and he was made to feel he had to switch clubs in order to get game time at International level. Jack Grealish traded it all in, more importantly his career since he did better at Villa than City, as he was already a star on the rise at Villa. However he has not been played right at City and they don't know how to get the best out of him like Smith did with Jack at Villa. Was Jack Grealish a mistake signing and a very expensive one at 100 million??

Time will tell!!

42 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

🤦‍♂️ 

True factz. Nobody had even heard of Jack Grealish until he moved to Citeh.
Pep is such a good scout, picking up these young players from small clubs. 

Just four weeks with him and he’s now a world star 🙄

45 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

🤦‍♂️ 

Makes you wonder what the difference is in it all right??

Jack Grealish of aston Villa kicked ass and regular each season and was denied season upon season and publicly told to move on from Villa by Southgate. Grealish is denied being played by Southgate while at Aston Villa and possibly only ever played because of fan and media attention giving Southgate bad press. Was even brought on for England and subbed off making his appearance very embarrassing. 

Jack Grealish is bought by Manchester City for 100 million, plays an odd good game and is immediately brought into the England lineup and not even subbed off.

It's a Joke and a farce and something obviously stinks between the regular lot at the top of the premier and the England manager, who will help prize stars from there clubs if enough pressure is applied. I mean yeah we got 100 mill from it all and I'm good because so far we certainly got our cream from the deal, but something is going on, it all just smells off to me. Seems the higher you go the more games are played and the more corrupt football gets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Jack Grealish of aston Villa kicked ass and regular each season and was denied season upon season and publicly told to move on from Villa by Southgate. Grealish is denied being played by Southgate while at Aston Villa and possibly only ever played because of fan and media attention giving Southgate bad press. Was even brought on for England and subbed off making his appearance very embarrassing. 

Jack Grealish is bought by Manchester City for 100 million, plays an odd good game and is immediately brought into the England lineup and not even subbed off.

It's a Joke and a farce and something obviously stinks between the regular lot at the top of the premier and the England manager, who will help prize stars from there clubs if enough pressure is applied. I mean yeah we got 100 mill from it all and I'm good because so far we certainly got our cream from the deal, but something is going on, it all just smells off to me. Seems the higher you go the more games are played and the more corrupt football gets.

someone said it last week

20/21 season aston villa's jack grealish 3 games 3 goals 3 assists made the squad thanks to injuries and made 1 sub appearance 

21/22 season man citys jack grealish 4 games 1 goal 1 assist made the squad starts 2 games 1 sub appearance 

if its not top club bias then its the FA seeing a poster boy and money spinner which is just as bad

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The game is riddled with corruption…

VAR is a facade to make the game fairer but it’s actually to engineer results for the benefit of certain teams… which is why referees have the final say on if a decision needs to go to VAR…

If the Italian Serie A hadn’t lost its popularity and star-player draw as much as it has over the years, I’d bet my bollock on a barndance that their match fixing scandal back in 2006 would have remained silent - but because they didn’t have the money to pay off the right people, FIFA and UEFA threw them under the bus to make it look like they were always vigilant and wanted the game to be “fair”…

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if the Southgate and the FA haven’t been told by certain rich benefactors to stifle certain players at certain clubs international prospects in order to engineer transfers to “big clubs”

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

He was bang average tonight

Pretty much what we saw at the Euros.

Our entire gameplan centres around giving the ball to our worst player, on the basis he's quick and direct. He'll run into defenders like a dog into patio doors over and over again but he's pacy.

Mount is suffering too. He's a quality footballer no doubt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Great highlight reel 

a few things form that - 

20 seconds in the in the corner nothing on fall over, we're obvioulsy used to that but as soon as he didnt get that freekick thats when he should have adapted his game, you can moan about the ref not giving him anything but at that point he should know he's not going to get anything and cut out the diving, there was a few more that he tried and didnt get and he shouldnt have tried it, the petulance adds nothing either

26 seconds in i believe he's the only player in this england squad that can make that pass, its a 10 yard pass to feet between 2 defenders and he makes it look as easy as it should be at this level but hes the only one with the confidence and not constrained by southgate to actually do it

28 seconds in that run is what he's all about, again i think he's the only player that can do, that is why he's a £100m player, a smilar run resulted in the 2nd or 3rd goal the other night, the movement for him is shocking, kane needs to run across his man so grealish can slide him in outside of the boot but hes walking, the defender even tracks the run that kane should make but doesnt bother

44 seconds its a shame they cut that there because he actually ran half the length of the pitch and won the ball back after losing it

50 seconds thats the worst example of my first point, he should know that he's not going to get it and adapt, he's in there and gave up preferring the free kick, thats not good enough

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

someone said it last week

20/21 season aston villa's jack grealish 3 games 3 goals 3 assists made the squad thanks to injuries and made 1 sub appearance 

21/22 season man citys jack grealish 4 games 1 goal 1 assist made the squad starts 2 games 1 sub appearance 

if its not top club bias then its the FA seeing a poster boy and money spinner which is just as bad

It's not just Grealish that now has SL6 bias.

Haven't got the stats to hand but the second half of last season Jesse Lingard was on fire for West Ham and couldn't even make the Euros squad.

3 months later, and 4 PL minutes on the pitch for Man Utd this season, and he's not only in the squad but starting games.

Â