The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I'll say it now: Grealish will never break to the real top. He will fade to the background both for England and City. They both have better, more useful players.

Why couldn’t we all see this last season…

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Particularly puzzling in Sterling’s case since Jack is now his club team mate. Maybe he hasn’t noticed that yet?

He's come and taken his position for club and country. That probably miffs him. He was also the darling of the Euros despite Sterling getting all the goals.

Perhaps Walker is a good mate of Sterling at city as well of course.

20 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I said I wouldn't post again in this thread, but I just want to say apart from the moaning at the ref constantly, he was real class last night on a different level from all the others

Maybe I am (subconsciously) watching him differently now but I didn't think he was that good at all, don't get me wrong, he was still probably our best player, at least from an attacking POV, but, I don't know, I just think he's capable of so much more.

Feels like it's been a long, long time since he's really been driving at players, passing them with ease and it all feels a bit restrictive at the moment both with England and City.

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Great highlight reel 

He used to complain to the refs when took down, but now Jack looks like a red hot drunk complainer who's always riled up and ready to fight you lol.

Jack was given a rating of 5 by sky sports, don't ever recall him getting that while playing for Villa.

That Video just makes him look so stuck up now and temperamental..

I don't like this Jack with an Ego..

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Particularly puzzling in Sterling’s case since Jack is now his club team mate. Maybe he hasn’t noticed that yet?

Sterling doesn't like giving the ball to anyone lol.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

He used to complain to the refs when took down, but now Jack looks like a red hot drunk complainer who's always riled up and ready to fight you lol.

Jack was given a rating of 5 by sky sports, don't ever recall him getting that while playing for Villa.

That Video just makes him look so stuck up now and temperamental..

I don't like this Jack with an Ego..

Its not new, he’s always had an ego and been temperamental with the refs the whole time he was at Villa 

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its not new, he’s always had an ego and been temperamental with the refs the whole time he was at Villa 

We even have the STFU gif of him in the villa days 

He's always been gobby to everyone, refs and opponents 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

You see flashes of Villa Grealish for England, but that player has yet to make an appearance for City this season.

I think he's done alright for City so far but regardless its pretty difficult to judge after a handful of games. I have no doubt he will improve an already outstanding side. But therein lies the issue with judging him. He will probably never look as good with city as he did with Villa and Its obvious why that is. 

Jack will definitely have his moments with City but he won't shine like a beacon like he did with us. He doesn't have to do it all himself now but what he will do is keep that well oiled machine that is City to keep purring away. Jacks talent isn't going to diminish but his all round game may well evolve from the one he had at Villa. 

3 hours ago, AVTuco said:

There's been plenty of doubt about whether he fits City's system and whether he makes them any better.

Hard team to make look better to be fair but he certainly is fitting into their system and doesn’t look out of place. 

• Like 2

It’s notable how productive he actually is considering how little he gets the ball for England. The only spark in the the team last night.

imagine what sterling’s highlight reel looks like from that game (get ball, run into traffic, lose ball) or mount’s (get ball, run a little, play it safe) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

It’s notable how productive he actually is considering how little he gets the ball for England. The only spark in the the team last night.

imagine what sterling’s highlight reel looks like from that game (get ball, run into traffic, lose ball) or mount’s (get ball, run a little, play it safe) 

He can play in his shell and still be the most effective player on the pitch. 

Â