The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Take all the pantomime out of it all, he's a Villa lad,  we made him and City aren't our rivals at the moment.

It's hard for me not to want him to do well - He's just a like-able lad. 🤷‍♂️Especially compared to so many rocket polisher footballers.

He forfeit that description. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Take all the pantomime out of it all, he's a Villa lad,  we made him and City aren't our rivals at the moment.

It's hard for me not to want him to do well - He's just a like-able lad. 🤷‍♂️Especially compared to so many rocket polisher footballers.

Not me. 

I want this to be a lesson that leaving us wont be the best option for any future players.

Hope he never wins anything!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

He wants to play champions league. He will be watching it from the bench. He isn't a city player and he looks a right tit with the kit on. He should never have left.

I've tried to avoid any coverage of him but every single time I've caught a glimps of him in that shirt, that's exactly what I've thought. 

Man our colours are beautiful. 

• Like 1

Weird performance from Jack. A few nice touches and barely gave the ball away as usual but I couldn't work out what position he was supposed to be playing. At times it looked like Sterling and Grealish were both playing as left wingers - maybe some Guardiola genius move that didn't come off. Alternatively, for all his claims that he prefers playing centrally, maybe Jack just can't help himself but drift over to the left. 

I think his performances have been off in general ever since he came back from injury at the back end of last season both club wise and internationally. Commentators/pundits haven't really noticed it because he still has a couple of magic moments and an exquisite touch. But he just seems to lack any impetus/tendency to grab the game by the scruff of the neck like he did for us at peak form. Might just be that he's not the main man for England/City but I do wonder whether that shin issue is persisting because his england performances at the Euros were nowhere near as good as his ones against Wales and Belgium previously for example

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Exactly. 

The fact that everyone on here seems to 'hate' him now is amusing. Hero worshipping him a few weeks ago. I get people are disappointed but you think that would have worn off by now. 

He's left to join a team on a different level to us and made us £100m. I hope he shows the world how good he is, apart from when he plays us of course. 

• Like 1

Goes to show that even the best teams can have a slow start to the season. Money can't always buy the win. 

City were really vulnerable to Spurs pace and counter attack. Look forward to Leon Bailey tearing them a new one at Villa Park! Imagine the scenes... 

5 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

He wants to play champions league. He will be watching it from the bench. He isn't a city player and he looks a right tit with the kit on. He should never have left.

Unless he figures it out soon (which he very may well do), he will find himself riding the bench soon. Pep doesn’t have a long leash, I don’t care how much he cost.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Get the feeling Sterling isn’t happy with him being at the club 

Because the elephant in the room is that everyone knows where grealish plays best....

I honestly think it will go tits up. Bit like Hazard at Real. Now, i thought when Foden came on the scene he was a bit gimmicky, street footballer if you will, but he was coached very very well by Guardiola who made him a more rounded team player without compromising his talent. Jack is so used to trying to beat a man and make something happen at every opportunity with Villa. He never got called out on it if he messed up. He will do at City. By coaches and the players around him who have won more than him and will hold him to incredibly high standards. Not gonna be a piece of piss for Jack at all.

• Like 2

Looked ordinary tbf. Same as all of Man City did. Pretty sure we beat Spurs at WHL last season with our 'less talented' players so this this will be an unfamiliar feeling :trollface: Especially as new team is supposed to be team indestructible with the worlds greatest manager™ 

Edited by VillaJ100

Â