The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

because even with what our owners are doing man city are a complete other level to us

thats the reality, we're absolutely miles off them, we are not competing with man city

"serious contenders" for playing in europe vs serious contenders for winning the CL...and i know which one has lower odds of happening

It’s a false comparison and not the point being made, nobody is realistically claiming that. It more boils down to him proclaiming 10 months ago that he saw his future here and brought into the vision hence the length of the contract. That is what hurts many. So what changed? It reeks of dishonesty because he’s again jumped when it was most expedient. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I think both sets of fans will be glad for this to all be over.

With any luck we will unveil another couple of surprise signings before the end of the week.

The speed Ings was completed we could have another couple in by the time we kick off against Sevilla.

• Like 1

Just now, Newry_Villan said:

He should be fine as he would play only half the amount of games for them than he would for us. He'll be rotated in and out collecting his medals. But that's fine. Feck him. 

This is the problem with the game now. A club can afford to spend £100m on a player that they can play every other game if they wanted to.

I don’t think any other club could do that except possibly Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yep ive said it before those shins are a career long injury which need to be managed week in week out.

Kinda questions why Man city are bizarrely risking this.

They have unlimited money. Not much of a risk. If Grealish is problematic they can just chuck him on the scrap heap and buy the Next Big Thing in January or next summer.

Just now, briny_ear said:
The 7 stages of grief
  1. Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  2. Pain and guilt. ... 
  3. Anger and bargaining. ... 
  4. Depression. ... 
  5. The upward turn. ... 
  6. Reconstruction and working through. ... 
  7. Acceptance and hope.

I think most people contributing to this thread have got a bit stuck on no.3. 

Time to move on!

Or you just accept football is a layer cake and we’re not the top layer…. Yet 

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think the people calling him a snake etc are to put it nicely stupid.

He's given great service, made us a ton of money, we offered him a big contract so it isn't about money.

The lad just wants to win things and play with the best.

In your opinion.  I think people with the opposite view are stupid!  We can do this all day…

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

It’s a false comparison and not the point being made, nobody is realistically claiming that. It more boils down to him proclaiming 10 months ago that he saw his future here and brought into the vision hence the length of the contract. That is what hurts many. So what changed? It reeks of dishonesty because he’s again jumped when it was most expedient. 

the marketing department nonsense from last year? people are putting too much in to it

man city have offered him something we cant, and i dont mean money and he's leaving

is what it is, football is **** shit, i dont blame him, us, man city, this is just what modern football is all about

• Like 3

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

But yes, in a 50/50 race where he refused to fully stick his neck out, he ended up backing the right horse

I just don't want to hear him gloat specifically at Villa fans now. As if that's what we deserve after going through all this shite.

And what did all his guesswork achieve? **** all but clicks. There’s barely a job in the world less important than a football journalist reporting on transfer speculation, as when it’s done you’ll know about it anyway.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

the marketing department nonsense from last year? people are putting too much in to it

man city have offered him something we cant, and i dont mean money and he's leaving

is what it is, football is **** shit, i dont blame him, us, man city, this is just what modern football is all about

Nobody put a gun to Jack’s head to say those things, he had the billionaire co-owner on FaceTime! The club bent over backwards for him and look what it resulted in. It’s not just fully footballing reasons what he and his camp intend to spin it as. 

All this My Club, my City, my Home or whatever it was only makes it all seem a little harder to take.

Ambition is one thing but it is perhaps 'more' ambitious to stay with an unfancied team and earn success. We know it is much easier to buy success.

For me it is worse than Delph, supposedly a Villa fan. However he's just a footballer chasing wealth for his family and future generations, maybe many of us would do the same. Do I like him for it though, of course not. I will not be wishing him well or success as he's not connected with Villa any more.

If we can swap Grealish for Buendia, Young, Bailey, Ings, Cantwell or Ward-Prowse we will be better off for it as we aren't Aston Grealish anymore!

The incentive for these current Villa players should be massive now and we have future stars on such as Barry, Chukwuemeka and others who can achieve great things in the future. I really hope we beat them next year it will be like a derby when we play them!

I feel bad about this like many of you but my middle son has just started to get into football this year. He's six years old and loves Grealish has several kits but the one which has the name of Grealish he said he will never wear again. I find that so sad, no doubt many other kids are heart-broken too.

Anyhow, I think we'll be better off without him in the long run.

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I guess his definition of fan is different to ours. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from, but as fans we lace everything with emotion. He probvably had to deal with the emotion, but also the fact it's a job. I don't agree with his decision, like you, if I were in his shoes I'd have stayed, but I understand why someone else would choose to leave. Ultimately there aren't many Shearer's or Le Tissier's left nowadays, this just proves it.

Well when it comes to football there is only one definition really. You choose a team through family, or more so these days, who is in the big 6, and you have an unmoving irrational emotional bond with that team until the day you die. The thought of changing that team would be met if derision from others and just not seen as the done thing. It is one of the few sports where supporting your club is generally seen as more important than the national side. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe the kids (under 40's) just don't have that bond anymore?

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Nobody put a gun to Jack’s head to say those things, he had the billionaire co-owner on FaceTime! The club bent over backwards for him and look what it resulted in. It’s not just fully footballing reasons what he and his camp intend to spin it as. 

its definitely not "football" reasons

unless you class football reasons as them attempting to sky rocket his brand and promote him as a world elite footballer, thats what i meant when i said they can offer him something we cant

but this my club stuff from last summer, it meant nothing then and it means nothing now

Â