The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

I may be in the minority, and he is going to start winning things on Sunday, but I think he's made a massive mistake.

I think "he could have" made a massive mistake....only time will tell.

depends what he wants, seems like it has all been considered carefully by him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t hate him. I can understand why he has made the move and I also think we’ll be better for it. It’s just such a shame to no longer be able to see such a top player week in week out for us. Really hope our new signings can fill the void. I’m confident they will.

Yeah I don’t hate him either. Just massively disappointed. I think they will. There will certainly be things Jack does that can never be directly replaced but I have faith the staff will be able to fill the hole he leaves behind.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At this point, i'd be fine with one of those generic:

" Grealish departs " post with a generic " Thank you for your efforts and all the best in the future " one liners.

Followed up by a blockbuster announcement of a new signing.

I hope the departure announcement is minimal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Grealish departs " post with a generic " Thank you for your efforts and all the best in the future " one liners.

Note: this all just looks/feels so weird to see.

This would be so NSWE. Would not be surprised at all if we have a blockbuster signing ready to be announced not long after Gresford is announced.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

No chance.

He will be one of City's best players.

Its 3/4 seasons Pep will be gone, we will hopefully on a similar path and maybe he will want to come home. 

I mean it wont be the same relationship with the fanbase

• Like 2

Actually looking forward to him officially signing for City. At the moment he's sort of in this limbo where he's turned his back on Villa and is one of them but is still technically a Villa player.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Note: this all just looks/feels so weird to see.

“One of Aston Villa’s former Academy products today left for a British transfer record of 100 million blood soaked sports washed pounds. We wish him the very best for the future.”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I can understand the doubt if you don't know my son. He's 7 and reading stage 16 books at school, does his Maths in a different class because he's 2 years ahead of schedule and he was on year 4 spellings before leaving year 2. He also just won the pupil of the year for his year 2 class. He also knows that Jack Grealish is a traitor! 

does he want to be a football agent?

Just now, TRO said:

I think he will be gutted to be leaving Villa and not so gutted to be winning trophies/playing in the CL.

Despite a lot of hate being directed his way, I hope it goes well for him.  He's brought us the majority of the best moments Villa have had over the last... what, 4 or 5 seasons?  It's a shame it's ended as soon as it as, and I don't think he should be treated as a legend/icon, but we should really have an element of pride that we've nurtured a world-class talent, who is a Villa fan and will be the most expensive purchase in English football history.  Not a lot of clubs produce these kind of players.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Its 3/4 seasons Pep will be gone, we will hopefully on a similar path and maybe he will want to come home. 

I mean it wont be the same relationship with the fanbase

That I can see, yes.

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Definitely, he will be back at Villa by 29. It wont be the same though 

No thanks. It’s our club. Our city. Our home. He isn’t welcome back over the threshold tbh. I didn’t feel this strongly with Young, Milner or Barry as they were doing the right thing by leaving really. I get his motivations and that’s all fine but he’s abandoned his boyhood club at a time of exciting transition where he’s the captain and we are really going places. He’s no more a Villan than Kevin de Bruyne

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Him and his advisors seem to be chasing being the next David Beckham along with all the celeb status that brings. Could happen, but just as likely to go off the rails and end up the next David Bentley

• Like 2

Â