The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's ahead of all of them.

He's being punished for being good by Villa fans no

I think he would've been should he have stayed a bit longer. 

Clearly he is one of, if not the best players, we've ever had...but I don't know if I'd put him at the top of the tree status-wise.

I guess it is probably the way his rise coincided with the shittest period through the macron years that has prevented him being at the top 

2 minutes ago, Giro said:

I’m gutted but not surprised. How the game is nowadays 

We need to move on and invest the money wisely. Leicester have been in a similar situation with players and have pushed on and brought well. 

Cheers jack and all that but a legend at the club? Nah 

He's lost that chance to be called a legend sadly. Just the way the modern game is.

Edited by MachoFantastico

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

They seem lovely guys but I bet they can be nasty bastards when needed. Hope to see it.

Their ruthlessness and savvy business  sense will be what sustains us. Not 2-3 of a season shins man. 

1 minute ago, trevor said:

As long as we spend the money wisely, it won’t be the massive blow it currently seems.

i do agree in principle, but we need to get new players in for the start of the season, if our early season gets derailed because of Grealish going so close to the start of the season, and we cant get the players in quick enough, it will set us back hugely.

But ai agree in principle, we will be better long term.

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One of us needs an avatar, seeing you posting at the same time as me throws me every time :D 

We probably spout the same sort of rubbish too. I’m 58, too old for avatars, over to you mate. 

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It might galvanise the lads though. I can't help but feel this might have been a dig...

This might actually be the incentive they needed to start the season well.

Very much agreed. The guys should have every kind of incentive to be firing on all cylinders, to show the world Villa is much more than a vehicle for Grealish. The upcoming season is going to be VERY interesting, the rest of the transfer window notwithstanding.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But how people can begrudge him the move is beyond me.

I broadly agree with your post. The crux, for me, is that I was gullible enough to really think he was one of us and he'd rather help propel us up the league than have more success elsewhere. I was disappointed but fully understanding when the likes of Barry or Benteke jumped ship for example. It was being conned in to really thinking he was Mr Aston Villa that's made this one hurt so much. 

He's given us plenty of good memories and played his part getting us back in to the top flight, but Sweet Caroline is going to give me a slightly bitter taste from now on, I think.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Sad times when this thread gets moved to other football ☹️

Not really, it's already been there once eh @blandy? Yes I'm still mad!

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

{the video I have posted here is from last year, please don't think it's from this year and we're seeing a massive U-turn}

A year is a long time in football, I suppose. Watching the video from last year is quite the experience today: 

'My future lies at Aston Villa'. What he meant to say was: 'the next 11 months of my future'.

He didn't  'believe in the project': he believed in them paying you however many tens of thousands of pounds more per week. 

I'm sure this is a measure of his lack of charisma in the interview, but I was struck at the time by his complete lack of enthusiasm in the interview. He should have saved us some time: 'I signed the deal because the other clubs wouldn't meet Villa's asking price. But I'll be waiting for my agent to get a call from Pep as soon as possible'.

And here we are.

A year is a long time though, was he even capped for England then? 

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

{the video I have posted here is from last year, please don't think it's from this year and we're seeing a massive U-turn}

A year is a long time in football, I suppose. Watching the video from last year is quite the experience today: 

'My future lies at Aston Villa'. What he meant to say was: 'the next 11 months of my future'.

He didn't  'believe in the project': he believed in them paying you however many tens of thousands of pounds more per week. 

I'm sure this is a measure of his lack of charisma in the interview, but I was struck at the time by his complete lack of enthusiasm in the interview. He should have saved us some time: 'I signed the deal because the other clubs wouldn't meet Villa's asking price. But I'll be waiting for my agent to get a call from Pep as soon as possible'.

And here we are.

he has really f***** his legacy hasnt he......does he care tho?

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. We hail players like Alan Hutton as heroes because they're here for a while and are too shit for anyone to buy them. So we get rid of them when we want so the fans don't care. When players are actually good enough to be signed by elite clubs we give them shit because we want them to stay.

Grealish has been at the club for 20 odd years. Academy graduate, captained us to promotion, kept us up, stabilised us in the league, became THE superstar of English football and is leaving us for a British record transfer.

I'm absolutely gutted he's going. But how people can begrudge him the move is beyond me. He's far too good for us and he could have left any time over the past 5 years if he'd really wanted to.

He's paid back every penny of the wages we've given him through performances and now a massive transfer fee

All true but it still hurts :(

I guess if it wasn’t City it would have been United or Liverpool.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â