The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats where my head is at . Bit of back of the fag packet work last night came up with this .

If we sell Grealish El Ghazi and Douglas for 140 mill  we could end up with this as our purchases this summer 

Mateus Periera and James Ward Prowse( takes care of all penalties, corners and free kicks )  , Arnaut Danjuma, Sander Berge  , Axel

Plus Emi 2 , Ash and Leon already purchased 

Massive team upgrade but massive loss in Jack.

I'm not sure they were regular cigarettes...

• Haha 1

Half of the angst here is because our club actually behave like real investors and management. We’re a tight ship, and that will serve us very well in the future.

We might feel better if we had a Harry Redknapp chasing Jack up the M6 to try and pull him over and turn around back to B6, but that’s not the way we operate.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think there will be some cold, calculating decisions occuring on both sides of the table.

For Jack, what's better. Qualifying for Europe and maybe having a cup run in claret and blue, or winning the league at a canter and quite possibly the CL as well?

For us, what's worth more, our talisman staying at the club and the PR of keeping hold of a prized asset to give a "super league" club a bloody nose in the transfer market, or being unshackled from FFP to really kick our recruitment up a gear?

He may genuinely end up going with our blessing, doing what's best for the team. I honerstly don't know which outcome I want anymore.

Or we wait another year, he has a league MVP type of season and we sell him for over £150million next season. Another year of development so we truly can unshackle ourselves from being reliant on Jack and he increases his value and celebrity which in turn helps us. 

I'm at the point now where I just want this resolved regardless

I'll be devastated if he goes, but look at the state of this thread and how most of us are feeling this week

We need the clarity so we can prepare for the season ahead. If that's with him - fantastic, what a result that will be.

If it's without him - we need time to get the right players in and learn a new system. This latter element is key for me.

We've had 4+ years of playing every ball (or near enough) through Jack, when he's been fit. We've seen last season we weren't strong enough without him.

That all needs fixed, which will take time.

So it's shit or get off the pot time really, for both club and player. If the transfer is inevitable, make it happen and get the right terms agreed. If not, get that new contract signed and let the speculation burn.

But another week of this can only damage our season IMO.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think a bid was made, so far thats really all thats happened . No chance he would be at Villa training if it was accepted

Agreed. I don't think it's been accepted. But I also think if a bid has been made then its because they know Jack will join.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Or we wait another year, he has a league MVP type of season and we sell him for over £150million next season. Another year of development so we truly can unshackle ourselves from being reliant on Jack and he increases his value and celebrity which in turn helps us. 

Who’s MVP?

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My friend is a dog walker in London, and he had a phone call from a withheld number earlier.

Girl with a Brum accent asks if he walks cockapoos or whatever it is (little brown curly dog, can’t remember the name). Last minute emergency because she wasn’t expecting to be in London tonight.

Anyway as they’re discussing pickup time etc, he hears people talking in the background.

There’s a bloke with a European accent (Scandinavian he thought?) saying “we’ve blocked it Jack, we’ve blocked it Jack. James is coming now”

So my mate thinks nothing of it. But just an hour ago he’s picked up the dog off this glamorous young woman. I showed him a photo of Sasha and he confirmed it was her.

And as they’re walking round Hyde Park the dog has spilt the beans. Grealish is staying at the Villa.

Now depends on how ITK you reckon the dog is, so take it with a pinch of salt. Also, apologies. But I reckon this isn’t even the most bullshit rumour that’s been shared in this thread.

Sounds legit to me, we have a cockerpoo and so does Jack, they are very communicative, they do require walking too, that part is bang on. The rest bang on.

• Haha 2

That this is a genuine possibility is what really irritates me about this whole saga.

• Like 1

Or his shins play up, he misses 3-4 months of the season and has 1 less on his year on his contract? Who knows its a very hard judgement call.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh for the days of no transfer talk apart from a line on the ceefax page.

Happy days!

image.png.b421c4f7fb0721512d2dd18287070d33.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'm at the point now where I just want this resolved regardless

I'll be devastated if he goes, but look at the state of this thread and how most of us are feeling this week

We need the clarity so we can prepare for the season ahead. If that's with him - fantastic, what a result that will be.

If it's without him - we need time to get the right players in and learn a new system. This latter element is key for me.

We've had 4+ years of playing every ball (or near enough) through Jack, when he's been fit. We've seen last season we weren't strong enough without him.

That all needs fixed, which will take time.

So it's shit or get off the pot time really, for both club and player. If the transfer is inevitable, make it happen and get the right terms agreed. If not, get that new contract signed and let the speculation burn.

But another week of this can only damage our season IMO.

Sht or get off the pot...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I assume you mean Hale in Altrincham, in which case, that's a 3.5hr drive from where Villa are training and Grealish was in training at least 2hrs ago.

Helicopter to Manchester airport and picked up by the Girlfriend & dog. More likely my colleagues wife saw a Matty Cash lookalike and jumped to conclusions..

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

This will always be hanging over him.....I just hope, he gets what he wants and by doing so, we will inadvertently get what we want imo.

I stand by my forecast, that we will come out of this stronger, in the future.

I hope so. Im starting to prepare for it. Its just so hard to accept losing your favourite player, doesnt matter if you’re 10 or 40, still feels heart wrenching. Jack is everything that embodies the re-emergence of Aston Villa after being in the biggest hole ive ever known supporting this club for 30 years. I hate it but he’s the one who cannot resist becoming a Franchise player for the ‘City Group’ 🤮

The only positives I will take is that its not Tottenham and its not Man Utd. I will not be able to cope seeing him play against us. Hopefully those shinsplints kick in just before our games

• Like 1

Â