The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So am I, but they recorded it in May. 

Genuinely hope some of you think I'm a bull artist in a few days time. Praying for it. But either way, que sera. 

Not doubting your sincerity at all, just hoping your source has got it wrong.

I would still like to think that the video, irrespective of it being recorded in May, would only have been sanctioned for a routine kit launch if the club thought they held all the cards (i.e. no release clause and not for sale). I'm still hoping that's the case and Jack signs a new contract.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'd imagine he was on the phone to his agent as soon as the driving/lockdown incident occurred too to dig him out of the hole.

i guarantee that's exactly who his first call was to

read a few books around it, they're basically their mum. footballers don't lift a finger once they turn pro, their agents do everything for them including picking up their dirty washing and getting it cleaned for them (obviously not actually the agent, they'll get someone else to do crap like that)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

He's a young lad, is he supposed to get every statement he makes correct regardless of future decisions over the course of his future? He'll always be a villan at heart. If he leaves I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back either. 

football fans get so tribal sometimes. 

Not for me - If he goes, I wouldn't want him back.

And all this 'He's already shown us loyalty' nonsense - It goes both ways. We as a club/supporters have supported him in his dream career since he was 7.  We've paid him most probably millions of pounds to play football, he's been coached by the club, invested in by the club and its the club that had made his career possible.

But now he's at the top of his game (and 1 year into a 5 year massive contract) earning more in a week than most of those who support him will earn in a year, probably 2 years, he might turn round and leave ? 

I'm sure it wasn't all that long ago I was looking pictures of  him face down in the street in Tenerife - good job we continued to support him isnt it ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If he goes it will suck obviously but no player is bigger than the club.  And though I'm sure hardly anyone will admit it, but in his shoes with I'm sure the money he will get from Man City along with being a virtual shoe in as it were to win the Prem, a lot on here would go as well.  Good luck to him only in the sense of what he has done for this club and leave it at that.

He doesn't need to go this season. A premature move i think given the progress "the project" is making. If he wants instant gratification with Man City then so be it and he can be like all the other copy and paste players who have done the same. I thought Jack was cut from a different cloth though.

Let's wait and see what happens before judging!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

when was it edited? it could have been re edited, re recorded, and they chose to release it. if he leaves, there will be definite backlash towards the club admins

imagine how many grealish shirts were sold upon release of the video, to the point that they may need to offer refunds to placate people

Could you imagine if we released that video without Jack in it? The panic would have been in overdrive, all whilst the club were hoping to tie him down to a new deal. Which is still a possibility. 

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If he goes he isn't VTID and he isn't a villa fan. Whilst he won't be getting grief from me if he goes. He certainly isn't a villa fan. And he can **** off. 

Of course he's a villa fan and always will be. If a villa fan works for AVFC in the accounts department and gets offered a job somewhere else and takes it they're still a villa fan after they leave.

• Like 1

Grealish wants to prove how good he is and I can’t say I blame him. Playing CL football week in, week out will help him prove this. Probably looks at the likes of Mount and gets frustrated that players of a lesser quality are keeping him out of the England team. 40 years of supporting our great club and I can honestly say I l’ve never been that bothered about a playing leaving up until now. Will seriously annoy me if we only get £100m for him as well. It just seems so cheap when you add the premium for English players. Feels like we had taken one step forward but this would definitely be 2 steps back, very annoying!

Just now, joshharris12 said:

Not looking good is it

Meh, more ups and down than a rollercoaster.  10 minutes ago somebody reported his agent said they'd had no contact with Guardiola.

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not my captain 

He's not gone (yet).

Let's not forget that players read or hear about what fans say on forums, Reddit and social media. This thread was started by his brother.

Not meaning you @Eastie but I hope we don't start slagging off any of our players based on speculation. JG is still the captain of Aston Villa and, for all we know, could be on the brink of signing a new contract.

• Like 3

Just now, joshharris12 said:

Not looking good is it

Its looking however you want it to because as far as I know yet again nothing has actually changed from yesterday... 

The emotions are getting the better of a lot of people 

Remember when we signed Kevin Prince Boateng? 

Trust no one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Not for me - If he goes, I wouldn't want him back.

And all this 'He's already shown us loyalty' nonsense - It goes both ways. We as a club/supporters have supported him in his dream career since he was 7.  We've paid him most probably millions of pounds to play football, he's been coached by the club, invested in by the club and its the club that had made his career possible.

But now he's at the top of his game (and 1 year into a 5 year massive contract) earning more in a week than most of those who support him will earn in a year, probably 2 years, he might turn round and leave ? 

I'm sure it wasn't all that long ago I was looking pictures of  him face down in the street in Tenerife - good job we continued to support him isnt it ?

So he's never allowed to make a move at all in his life without being classes as disloyal. Metaphorically held at gunpoint because we supported him when he was tit as a teenager. I'd have thought his goals and assists over the last few years were more than enough to pay that back, helping us get promoted and then stay up are much more significant contributions to the club from his end. 

But I'll bow out now, I won't be changing anyone's mind on this and vice versa etc. I would obviously love it if he stays, and will be gutted if he leaves, but I would simply understand it if he did. Anyway, over and out :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Once again, why are many of you thinking it's looking bad or that he is leaving? 

Can anyone point to any tangible evidence of this? 

Well sunday was a he's leaving day and yesterday was a he's staying day, so I guess today is a he's leaving day.

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Grealish wants to prove how good he is and I can’t say I blame him. Playing CL football week in, week out will help him prove this. Probably looks at the likes of Mount and gets frustrated that players of a lesser quality are keeping him out of the England team. 40 years of supporting our great club and I can honestly say I l’ve never been that bothered about a playing leaving up until now. Will seriously annoy me if we only get £100m for him as well. It just seems so cheap when you add the premium for English players. Feels like we had taken one step forward but this would definitely be 2 steps back, very annoying!

I expect Southgate has wormed his way into the Citeh deal and told Jack he'll start for England if he moves from Villa lol

Â