The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which is what we have done and will continue to look to do. If he leaves now he’s just another turncoat, off to win a bought title with a nothing football club.

I am wobbling now, @dont_do_it_doug.1st post that hasn’t been positive about SJ staying.  

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Probably asked for his posts to be deleted so none of his youthful words get trawled for 'news'.

I remember this thread being created by Kevan. It was fairly unusual at the time because youth team players didn't get their own threads.

Now most kids who are in the U23's have a thread with at least a couple of pages, but I seem to remember it wasn't done often on VT when Jack's was started. Apart from Ethan Moore eh @sir_gary_cahill ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

mcginn reposted the jack fingers in the ear story with a happy looking james chester gif over the top of it

so who the **** knows

Well we all hope it means Jack is staying and could it also hint at who replaces Terry as one of our defensive minded coaches...a double whammy! 

Maybe most fan boards are like this but I feel like we're quite a well-connected one? Kevan Grealish, Krulak, Joe Lolley, figuring out we were getting Houllier and after Solskjaer because of thetrees.

Edited by Mantis

It's posts like this over at Bluemoon that are annoying because it appears the guy who is saying that first post must be talking nonsense as I don't believe anyone on Villatalk is that stupid to suggest City opened in 2008 😂

It's all part of the banter. I was reading some pretty derogatory comments about City on Villatalk. Apparently City were only formed in 2008 and we should be ashamed of anything we have won!

They seem to think we were at Bristol Rovers levels before 2011, Not remembering we used to beat them regularly in our yoyo twilight zone years and that Villa park was less than half full for an FA cup tie when we took 5,000 not too long ago.

and then posts like this make me feel pissed off at City fans, they don't deserve our skipper:

If there's a drink problem at the club, is it would it be wise to sign Grealish?

Edited by Dave-R

What madness is going on in that Bluemoon when you have people making posts that Jack has played upfront for Villa or that he may be turned into a striker under Pep, their fans are bonkers lol.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What madness is going on in that Bluemoon when you have people making posts that Jack has played upfront for Villa or that he may be turned into a striker under Pep, their fans are bonkers lol.

Honestly though I think he could style himself as a striker if he wanted. He doesn't miss many chances, probably the best player to hold the ball up, obviously 2nd the best dribbler in world football, excellent passer and a threat from range, etc. 

Honestly think he could be solid there if that's what he wanted although obviously more of a false 9 role. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Something bothers me about this thread. Aside from the crazy negativity. 

It says it was created by Kevan Grealish, but the first post is by our very own SGC. What's that about?

The other puzzling thing is that it says Kevin G created the thread in August 2012 but S_G_C’s post is from July 2010.

He is even more far-seeing than we thought!

• Like 1

On 11/07/2010 at 18:27, kevangrealish said:

All I can say is I normally ask jack what would you do if man city offered you big money to go there. And hes always like nah I wanna stay at villa. Lol. But as I say fingeres crossed ey?

I'm shocked this hasn't been picked up by Talkshite / The Atheltic / Brum (spit) Mail with the date omitted. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I posted correcting that

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

This incarnation of Manchester City was formed in 2008. As much as MK dons is Wimbledon. It isn’t a real club. It’s hollow. Tell me what roots remained? 2 or 3 mascot players? They know that too. They comfort themselves with the thought that everyone is jealous. If only your club could be owned by a emirate state in an effort to legitimise a virtual dictatorship via soft power sports ownership. If only.

As a set of supporters they are desperately searching for an identity, a meaning, in this brave new era. Nothing organic, no set backs, no pain and redemption. Just a machine. A efficient machine but a machine nonetheless. Win. Sheikh smile. Win. Sheikh Smile. Win. Worst still, the leach fans begin to come out in force. Migrating from FCB, RM, United & Chelsea. Diluting what little remained of that community asset.

When I talk to Manchester City fans about post 2008 City, you see the little death behind their eyes. Emotionless, blank and rehearsed. Now I mention, Goater, Dickov, the Kippax, Joe Royle, Weaver at Wembley, the fire flickers again. Passion & meaning. How does that silver taste? Was it worth your soul?

Stick that up your plastic blue moon.

A lot of pre 2008 man city fans that I know are loving it. They're revelling in the fact that they can beat the mob in the same city as them. 

As for their 'dictatorship' it's their lives - people choose to live there. It's there way of life. Maybe the west should stop buying their oil.? As with the Saud's. 

Jack's a winner whether he does it here or does it elsewhere he'll be winning trophies within the next few seasons. The standards within our club has to go up a few levels.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

A lot of pre 2008 man city fans that I know are loving it. They're revelling in the fact that they can beat the mob in the same city as them. 

As for their 'dictatorship' it's their lives - people choose to live there. It's there way of life. Maybe the west should stop buying their oil.? As with the Saud's. 

Jack's a winner whether he does it here or does it elsewhere he'll be winning trophies within the next few seasons. The standards within our club has to go up a few levels.

Man City is a massive reputation cleansing exercise for a regime that still disappears people and stones people to death for "crimes" like adultery and homosexuality... and they're doing their PR exercise in our country, so no it's not "their lives".

Fine if you don't care, but think people have every right to point out that it's an embarrassment to English football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

the advancement of electric and hybrids will affect them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I should leave the politics for another thread.

As I said. Searching for club identity. It’s empty. Ownership could have chosen any club in a major European city to carry out its sportswashing. The exact same process with the same results. An identity based on beating United. Cute, so pre2008. Also, in a twist of irony, what do you think attracted the ownership to City? Could it be the fact that United gave so much weight to Manchester as a city with footballing heritage. ADUG hollowed out the club, filled with best worldwide talent money could buy in every dept. Very little remained. Then cooked the books for the next decade. Disregarded the silly rules that others must follow and laughed.

If Jack goes, he takes the easy route. Winner. Ha. 1 trophy in Aston in worth 100 in Manchester.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Are you serious? He knows full well about all the speculation at the moment and he knows full well what the "fingers in the ears" symbolises to the fans after that gesture last summer. I think he'd be very stupid to post that if he was on the brink of a move. Think about it a bit more.

I meant in the context of those saying fingers out of the ears meaning that he's going 

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Man City is a massive reputation cleansing exercise for a regime that still disappears people and stones people to death for "crimes" like adultery and homosexuality... and they're doing their PR exercise in our country, so no it's not "their lives".

Fine if you don't care, but think people have every right to point out that it's an embarrassment to English football.

Abu Dhabi doesn’t stone people as a punishment.

• Like 2

Â