The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm a little concerned after reading that reddit thread. A lot of city fans on there seem to think that bloke is legit and has been for years. 

I think we’ll know for certain either way in the next 10 days or so.

OK so I just came on here, saw about 100 extra pages and have skimmed through.

From what I gather, the deal is now done, the only things left to iron out are the fee, wages, bonuses, contract length, and whether or not Jack actually wants to go? Got it 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

They are a very strange bunch on that forum. They hate everything Villa and they detest Brummies. Probably because we won't put up with their rubbish. It is Thomas Shelby vs Curly Watts when it comes to both clubs 🤣

All Mancs hate Brummies because they think they should be the second city and hate that it's us.  They've got such a massive chip on their shoulder about it, it's why they all walk in that stupid way. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Is anyone else bothered by the rumours we're going to offer him £200k pw to stay? We've not won anything with him for him to earn that kind of money from us. I think that sets a rather dangerous precedent for any incoming stars we chase in the near future. 

Tell that to Giannis Antetokounmpo.  Speculate to accumulate buddy. 

36 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There are some people far more clued up on this who I won’t name but who were privy at the time to just how desperate things were. We were in very serious trouble.

Future income had been used, there was no money left, we had a playing squad full of loans and out of contract players and a bill from HMRC we couldn’t pay.

The club was on its knees not too dissimilar to Derby right now. We were £&):ed and clubs in that state often fall into the jaws of sharks, we somehow landed in the laps of angels.

Wyness and Xia can squabble all they want but they were both responsible and their spat was the equivalent of the captain and first mate of the Titanic bickering about what song the band were playing. 

If only people knew how bad it actually was. That's why I'll never be too distraught about a player leaving. We are lucky we still have a club 

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There are some people far more clued up on this who I won’t name but who were privy at the time to just how desperate things were. We were in very serious trouble.

Future income had been used, there was no money left, we had a playing squad full of loans and out of contract players and a bill from HMRC we couldn’t pay.

The club was on its knees not too dissimilar to Derby right now. We were £&):ed and clubs in that state often fall into the jaws of sharks, we somehow landed in the laps of angels.

Wyness and Xia can squabble all they want but they were both responsible and their spat was the equivalent of the captain and first mate of the Titanic bickering about what song the band were playing. 

Yeah but, talk is cheap...

• Haha 2

yikes this thread.

To me its clear, i am very confident that the owners/management would not have plastered Grealish literally all over the new kit stuff and advertising, if they thought he was leaving.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yikes this thread.

To me its clear, i am very confident that the owners/management would not have plastered Grealish literally all over the new kit stuff and advertising, if they thought he was leaving.

But some guy on Reddit...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yikes this thread.

There's nothing to be gleaned from that, IMO. 

• Like 1

The narrative of the Kane and Grealish transfer saga’s is so different and annoying if I’m honest. 

With Kane, it’s very much, the player wants to leave but Spurs won’t let him and he’s not for sale. 

With Jack, it’s about if he wants to leave then it will happen. 

Nobody seems to mention what Aston Villa want in all of this. What if we just flat out refuse to sell? Nobody mentions that. 

• Like 2

He has time on his side, just like Kane did to see if he can realize his dreams with Villa. We're on the up. If it all goes tits up or we stagnate, then fair enough, go win some trophies lad. But as it stands we're marching our way up there, with him in the front. Who wouldn't want to see that through? 4 years left on his current contract. He even has leverage now to improve it even further. He gains next to nothing from not sitting tight for a year or 2.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yikes this thread.

Fabian Delph

• Like 1

Â