The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

One of the ideas on the city forum had me thinking: why are reporters from both sides reporting positive feedback for each club.

Because fans of each of those clubs are more likely to click positive news than negative news and the reporters know that.  You can see that on this site where some have got excited by obscure reporters about players than are linked, we have a whole thread on JWP because of one reporter and (correct me if I’m wrong) nothing else.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because fans of each of those clubs are more likely to click positive news than negative news and the reporters know that.  You can see that on this site where some have got excited by obscure reporters about players than are linked, we have a whole thread on JWP because of one reporter and (correct me if I’m wrong) nothing else.

You think if Ashley Preece wrote a piece on BMBarelyAlive that he'd heard Jack was "seriously considering" a new offer from City and that this could be too good an opportunity to turn down...that nobody would click it? 

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

You think if Ashley Preece wrote a piece on BMBarelyAlive that he'd heard Jack was "seriously considering" a new offer from City and that this could be too good an opportunity to turn down...that nobody would click it? 

He’s right, definitely not as many. I personally have no interest in reading another story speculating about him moving but will always read stories that suggest he will stay. That’s how media consumption works in the modern world, people read what they want to read…

22 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Don’t worry everyone. Grealish is now having second thoughts

https://talksport.com/football/913290/

“Grealish was tipped to join the Premier League champions in a £100million deal, but talkSPORT understands he’s ‘having second thoughts’ about the move. 

This is according to transfer expert Alex Crook, who revealed on Drive that he’d received a text from someone close to Grealish’s camp that the player was having doubts.”

spacer.png

Great news

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t think we can ignore this. The silence from the club says it all. Im gutted to be honest.

I don't agree but to be fair to you, spurs for example have had multiple people from the club comment on how they see Kane staying next season. 

Now this could be because Kane made a big deal about potentially leaving but still. 

So people what have we learnt today? Jack Grealish may be off but if not he will probably stay. I’m putting my application for a job into the Birmingham mail

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't agree but to be fair to you, spurs for example have had multiple people from the club comment on how they see Kane staying next season. 

Now this could be because Kane made a big deal about potentially leaving but still. 

If he leaves they will look like idiots.

Jack isn't leaving, but if he was, I don't want my club to comment on speculation and have our dic** hanging out.

15 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Less people than a positive story.  I know I’ve stopped reading “Jack’s leaving” stories maybe you could argue I’m in denial but I don’t think it’s happening but mainly because we’ve had hundreds of stories like that and they are just click bait.  

I think it’s also whose writing the piece, I rarely read anything from Preece or Evans because they are rubbish.  If it was Percy I’d read but generally in terms of your example I wouldn’t read it and I think a lot of posters now wouldn’t read it, just no credibility in most of those stories.

Winning the league with man City will mean nothing, they have brought the league with money. They have nothing other than money and when that goes so do they. The history books will show a 10 year period where they won the league a few times and then drifted back off to oblivion. 

Leading villa to an fa Cup win would mean more, especially to a villa fan.........

Our owners have to say no, just like man u or Liverpool would if man City came in for their star player. Its this "saying no" that build success. Our owners know this, Jack is staying. 

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If he leaves they will look like idiots.

Jack isn't leaving, but if he was, I don't want my club to comment on speculation and have our dic** hanging out.

I agree. I'm just pointing out that what was said earlier wasn't all that crazy  

Am I on my own in thinking that if Jack wanted out this summer it is tantamount to turning his back on the club? Especially at this moment in time because of where we are at. Not that I think it will happen but if it did.

I still see much work to be done from Jack as far as the club is concerned and his legacy at Villa. Yes, we can debate he merits of him being the best player ever produced at the club, but I don't see his current achievements as sufficient grounds to label him a Villa Legend just yet. I think he still has some way to go before that, like lifting a trophy, getting us to Europe etc. I do think if he leaves it would leave me feeling pissed and that he has slightly mirrored David Platt. Someone who was Ioved when he was here but done one when his popularity grew after representing England. A player I personally didn't give 2 shits about after he left. Obviously the love for Jack is on another level which would probably leave an even sour taste, especially if he went that craphole. 

Maybe I'm being a little bitchy but I personally would like to see the player or the club come out and say he ain't moving regardless of what xy or z may want.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Am I on my own in thinking that if Jack wanted out this summer it is tantamount to turning his back on the club? Especially at this moment in time because of where we are at. Not that I think it will happen but if it did.

I still see much work to be done from Jack as far as the club is concerned and his legacy at Villa. Yes, we can debate he merits of him being the best player ever produced at the club, but I don't see his current achievements as sufficient grounds to label him a Villa Legend just yet. I think he still has some way to go before that, like lifting a trophy, getting us to Europe etc. I do think if he leaves it would leave me feeling pissed and that he has slightly mirrored David Platt. Someone who was Ioved when he was here but done one when his popularity grew after representing England. A player I personally didn't give 2 shits about after he left. Obviously the love for Jack is on another level which would probably leave an even sour taste, especially if he went that craphole. 

Maybe I'm being a little bitchy but I personally would like to see the player or the club come out and say he ain't moving regardless of what xy or z may want.   

He’s negotiating a new contract, his agent will have told him to keep quiet and ignore all media reports. His agent will then be free to throw out all sorts of rumours to newspapers playing both sides. It’s essentially Smith-Rowe again but us fans are now looking at it from the other side of the picture.

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

He’s negotiating a new contract, his agent will have told him to keep quiet and ignore all media reports. His agent will then be free to throw out all sorts of rumours to newspapers playing both sides. It’s essentially Smith-Rowe again but us fans are now looking at it from the other side of the picture.

I'm sure it's also loads of journalists making things up. I'd even wager it's mostly that, or all of that.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Big Nassef FaceTimes Jack direct too remember so wont be taking any shite from Barnett.

Jack if you stay with Villa I'll make you the face of my 12 billion (more) portfolio. 

Â