The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

With the two oldest centre backs in the tournament, both on yellows, how is grralish not brought on to run at them?

The bigger problem for me is that when Jack does eventually get on the pitch the other players seem to switch off or simply don't try and get the ball to him. When he came on we were just playing hoofball and Sterling once again is not interested in playing one twos with him. Jack cant possibly have an impact when he's not being brought into the game. I'm not saying he can't improve his game also but it's tough ask. The team tactic should immediately switch to get the ball to Jack so he can run at them. It's quite simple. It was painful to watch. Too little too late. 

• Like 3

Can't escape it.

Watching an interview with Eddie Hearn on IFL TV about Tyson Fury VS Wilder.

Euros comes up, Eddie bigs up the teams then goes on to and " Jack Grealish, how has he not played more ? "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

The media will gloss over Southgate once again took the conservative route through fear. Jack should’ve come on instead of Saka and had 30mins to weave & run at the Italian defence. Southgate has now cost us once again at a major tournament by being found to be out of his depth and lacking tactical nous. Is making the call (twice now) to sub his sub - a move of a tactical genius or one of panic and confusion and a  clueless move? 

So much anger towards that man right now for squandering the talents at his disposal - especially Jack’s. We actually, have the players now to be a fully attack minded team and should be feared for it… Grealish, Foden, Sancho, behind Kane, should’ve been the front 4 from the start in a 4231 system. 

Not hard to get the available players to win two of the next three big tournaments.

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nope

Our god and saviour, the man we just spent a month about moaning if you play we'll win the lot... 

When it mattered saka stepped up... 

It's not 1996. They don't all throw their arms up and say pick me. This order was drawn up probably weeks before.

Having said that, Saka on #5 is just so clearly wrong. Not fair to him or the team. Sterling, Grealish, Pickford and stones should all be ahead of him.

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

14 mins 20 secs for those who need reminding.

Also, that shootout still gives me goosebumps to this day. I don't honestly know how I survived that night. My blood pressure was something like 180/70.

• Like 1

He's been injured this entire tournament, so I'm not as bothered by him not playing.

The past three years have been BS and it's a disgrace how little he's played for England.

If he and Phillips had gone to Russia in 2018, we'd have absolutely got to the final there and would have been in with a shot if they both played v France.

Truly, it will be international football's loss to not see Jack play proper minutes in the next few tournaments.

42 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

My question is how on earth despite Jack and Phillips putting themselves forward and both being cool customers did Southgate put a 19 year old who was clearly experiencing a moment far too big for him ahead of them. Frankly embarrassing management and alone is worthy of the sack. 

He said it’s based on how well they have been taking them in training but that just doesn’t replicate the pressure, which is where being 19 or being fresh onto the pitch would actually count. Bizarre decision.

High point of his tournament was Germany game really. Didn't think he was great tonight or v Denmark, honestly thought Southgate was going to sub him off again aswell with the two coming on right at the end.

Jorginho should've been sent off for challenge on him so hopefully nothing major there.

Really surprised he didn't take a penalty tbh. Would've thought he'd have relished the pressure as h'es one of those players and he took good penalty in shoot out v West Brom but generally dosen't seem to fancy penalties for some reason.

Interesting how England use him for next 18 months now given he's at least established in the squad but think he'll just be thankful coming back here where he's central to everything rather than just bit part player at international level.

23 minutes ago, smg said:

Ok we will leave it there. Good night 

To be fair to @smg I wouldn’t necessarily say the players had a shocker, the tactical set up was wrong

Far too defensive, as many of us having been saying throughout the tournament.

We go at them, and I truly believe we win that game.

Sterling was ineffective throughout the game, but he just refuses to substitute him.  

Just invited pressure and hoped his 8 defenders could keep them out.

• Like 1

Maddening nonsense. Grealish didnt take one this season because as Captain he gave up his slot to Anwar during a game and revitalized El Ghazi's career. Its not there "clearly there is something wrong with Grealish and penalties" ffs.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Maddening nonsense. Gralish didnt take one this season because as Captain he gave up his slot to Anwar during a game and revitalized El Ghazi's career. Its not there "clearly there is something wrong with Grealish and penalties" ffs.

Clearly there is something wrong with Roy Keane, but we have all known that for decades. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, birdman said:

The bigger problem for me is that when Jack does eventually get on the pitch the other players seem to switch off or simply don't try and get the ball to him. When he came on we were just playing hoofball and Sterling once again is not interested in playing one twos with him. Jack cant possibly have an impact when he's not being brought into the game. I'm not saying he can't improve his game also but it's tough ask. The team tactic should immediately switch to get the ball to Jack so he can run at them. It's quite simple. It was painful to watch. Too little too late. 

your points are valid....why on earth they bring him on and then starve him of the ball.....absolutely baffles me.

• Like 2

Â