The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

your points are valid....why on earth they bring him on and then starve him of the ball.....absolutely baffles me.

Because they don’t know how to use the ball effectively.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So the new narrative is Grealish bottled it?

Build them up to knock them down. It's the English way.

Apparently Jack was meant to use telekinesis from the bench to win England football matches or simply disobey the managers orders about penalties. I am sure that would have gone over well.

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Clearly there is something wrong with Roy Keane, but we have all known that for decades. 

I think Keane was right to point out that senior Pro's allowed a 19 year old to step up.....They should have stepped up, before him.

also, players who are highly rated, should be able to take penalties, with confidence.

Roy Keane is a controversial character, but he does make some good points at times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So the new narrative is Grealish bottled it?

Build them up to knock them down. It's the English way.

Yep absolutely mental.  It was quite clearly caught on camera that he was told his place in the shootout. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Keane was right to point out that senior Pro's allowed a 19 year old to step up.....They should have stepped up, before him.

also, players who are highly rated, should be able to take penalties, with confidence.

Roy Keane is a controversial character, but he does make some good points at times.

The manager picked the penalty takers, what are you expecting to happen from there? Sterling or Grealish to grab the ball off Saka just as he's about to step up and say nah mate, you don't have the bollocks for this? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The manager picked the penalty takers, what are you expecting to happen from there? Sterling or Grealish to grab the ball off Saka just as he's about to step up and say nah mate, you don't have the bollocks for this? 

well, thats different, if that was the case.....but normally, its decided by who wants to take them on the day.

would Roy Keane not be briefed on that?

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

well, thats different, if that was the case.....but normally, its decided by who wants to take them on the day.

I have absolutely no idea what Roy Keane does or doesn't know, but maybe he should get his facts right before piping up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Southgate said the penalty takers already decided in training. Like there was a plan in place. Keane talks about putting hands up to take one but that might not be how it works. 

• Like 1

Just now, birdman said:

Southgate said the penalty takers already decided in training. Like there was a plan in place. Keane talks about putting hands up to take one but that might not be how it works. 

Yeah, I realise that now.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was literally on camera Southgate pointing to every player telling them their order. Keane wouldn’t need briefing if he was smart enough to look at his little TV monitor for that, or listen to any interview from the manager or any player afterwards.

Edit: in the time I took to write this you posted to say you realise that was now the case so apologies for labouring the point!

Edited by Adam2003

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have absolutely no idea what Roy Keane does or doesn't know, but maybe he should get his facts right before piping up. 

Fair Comment, I wasn't aware of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Because in Southgate's mind Grealish is "slow" yeah I don't get it either.

in the Italian media he is player they were scared of as well, most of the English players are predictable. Jack isnt and that what Italy feared

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

It was literally on camera Southgate pointing to every player telling them their order. Keane wouldn’t need briefing if he was smart enough to look at his little TV monitor for that, or listen to any interview from the manager or any player afterwards.

Edit: in the time I took to write this you posted to say you realise that was now the case so apologies for labouring the point!

No probs, I just got the wrong end of the stick.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

No probs, I just got the wrong end of the stick.

And you (like me) are just a guy posting on a forum so it’s fine for either of us to get the wrong end of the stick. What irritates me is Keane is supposed to be a professional and should therefore have the pride to not peddle nonsense. Anyway - roll on the new season and Jack in claret and blue!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

And you (like me) are just a guy posting on a forum so it’s fine for either of us to get the wrong end of the stick. What irritates me is Keane is supposed to be a professional and should therefore have the pride to not peddle nonsense. Anyway - roll on the new season and Jack in claret and blue!

well, unless like me, Keane was unaware of the format, of Southgate pre planning the order himself.

If he was aware, then his comments were poor.

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He's been in the situation as both player and manager/assistant manager too. He gets (and got) paid to know this stuff. The mind boggles.

• Like 1

Â