The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Your making a fool of yourself, you have tried to justify abusing jack , as young Irish kid called a plastic paddy born in England I'm not gonna call you a plastic villa fan your just not a villa fan

Good man, Pete, you’ve done a Ronnie Rosenthal on the point there.

I’m not defending abusing Jack. I’m saying every country has eejits and you shouldn’t get too worked up about it.

The players don't decide what order they take pens in. Southgate has said that many times before. Grealish getting it in the neck from thick words removed. He's done nothing wrong.

The number of people I've seen on social media saying he's our penalty taker!? Lol. So many so-called football fans are so **** clueless, just make stuff up. Is he the penalty taker on FIFA or something? Where do people get it from?

• Like 4

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

With the two oldest centre backs in the tournament, both on yellows, how is grralish not brought on to run at them?

Staggering, isn't it. Chiellini is 37 years old! He can barely walk. Grealish would have had him on toast.

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

My question is how on earth despite Jack and Phillips putting themselves forward and both being cool customers did Southgate put a 19 year old who was clearly experiencing a moment far too big for him ahead of them. Frankly embarrassing management and alone is worthy of the sack. 

Absolutely, and especially don’t put him on for the FIFTH penalty, FFS, which is highly likely to be the one you need to score either to win or stay in the shoot out, so is the most pressured kick. Why not put on an experienced penalty-taker for that? How many pens has Saka taken for Arsenal? (To save the effort of looking it up - it’s zero)

The trouble with the second half is that Southgate has tunnel vision with his favourite players/tactics. Perhaps he had nerves and didn't want to make the changes needed or perhaps it was his plain old stubborness, which has to a certain extent been successfully this tournament. But when the chips are down you cant be like a rabbit in the headlights. The subs bench was used terribly tonight. You can't justify that when Mount, Sterling, Kane have all gone quiet. But don't want to get on his back too much. Southgate has represented the team very well, got us to the final and its been a very entertaining tournament. Ultimately I probably have more respect for him than I did but unfortunately the same reservations I had before! 

• Like 1

The real question is what the **** have they been practicing with their penalties.. all this bullshit slow run up and stuttering should be cut out.. 

10 steps, run up and just lace it… if it’s saved then fair enough but Southgate should have had the balls and strategic know how to instruct them all to do this.. All of the prancing before kicking a ball from 12 yards is just pointless…

And on topic Jack should have been subbed at half time for mount but mousehate is a shister and his anti football tactics have been found out yet again… Roll on the new season 👍

Edited by Cosmik Debris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Absolutely mind blowing that he never started a game after that.

I still maintain he was only included in the squad due to the media pressure. The fact that he got to play at all, is nothing short of a miracle. It doesn't really take a genius to see that Shitgate had little trust in him. How he wasn't among the five penalty takers, is beyond baffling. 

• Like 3

Just now, Enda said:

Good man, Pete, you’ve done a Ronnie Rosenthal on the point there.

I’m not defending abusing Jack. I’m saying every country has eejits and you shouldn’t get too worked up about it.

Stop saying it's our eejits as you would say , everyone apart from real villa fans were against grealish in this country and you can pretend all u like , we spend more time feeling sorry for self's here than trying to push on

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Here's a brief overview. See what you reckon. And please don't insult me saying it's Villa bias. I'm talking as an England fan.

Over reliance on mediocre centre halves and bang average defensive mids who rarely contribute to attacking play and playing full backs as midfielders or centre halves when the true strong suit of the squad is attacking midfield.

Playing Mason Mount regardless, despite being a completely useless rocket polisher.

Watching a team being completely overrun for half an hour without making any changes, then bringing o Henderson who turned in one of the most offish performances of re ent times.

Bringing on strikers and attacking midfielders for defensive players as we're defending a corner. Then asking said players to take a pen after literally not touching the ball.

Asking kids and players who have just come on to take pens.

Leaving England's best ball retainer and arguably creator on the bench when... we needed ball retention and creativity.

How did I do? Be honest. Maybe we got to the final in spite of Southgate, rather than because of him? This final was an utter shit show.

Spot on. It was amateurish football management tonight.

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

No problem with Jack not being in the 1st 5 the only pen I remember him taking was saved at Sheff Utd away.

West Brom?????

Also, the Sheffield one hit the bar.

Edited by Okonokos

40 minutes ago, Enda said:

We might criticize Jack Grealish but fans at the Aviva would never start kicking a man in the head. Commiserations to England as a whole tonight, but there’s no denying that a significant portion of the fans are scumbags and bring down the reputation of the country.

Yep, never ever met a violent Irish person 😂

Gutted, just got back to my hotel from the game. Its quite simple for me, Southgate got it massively wrong tonight. His negative tactics cost us. 1 shot on target in 120 minutes at home is disgraceful. The sacrifices he makes to have Mason Mount in the team are simply baffling.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Here's a brief overview. See what you reckon. And please don't insult me saying it's Villa bias. I'm talking as an England fan.

Over reliance on mediocre centre halves and bang average defensive mids who rarely contribute to attacking play and playing full backs as midfielders or centre halves when the true strong suit of the squad is attacking midfield.

Playing Mason Mount regardless, despite being a completely useless rocket polisher.

Watching a team being completely overrun for half an hour without making any changes, then bringing on Henderson who turned in one of the most oafish performances of recent times.

Bringing on strikers and attacking midfielders for defensive players as we're defending a corner. Then asking said players to take a pen after literally not touching the ball.

Asking kids and players who have just come on to take pens.

Leaving England's best ball retainer and arguably creator on the bench when... we needed ball retention and creativity.

How did I do? Be honest. Maybe we got to the final in spite of Southgate, rather than because of him? This final was an utter shit show.

Sorry Maz out of likes, youre not far away there. The manager is out of his depth tactically, he has other strengths that can still be utilised but we need better coaching, we need our best inform players on every game. Its not to late, we can win the World Cup, need to act fast.

• Thanks 1

Â