The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

That is over simplistic. He set up goals so he must be the bestest. Mount has been consistently good for England for a while now and contributes at both ends over the full 90 minutes. Besides, you do understand that Mount and Grealish play in completely different positions and perform completely different roles don't you ? This continual "Grealish is better than Mount" bitching is about as sensible and relevant as saying "Grealish is better than Pickford" !

As others have suggested, during these tournament weeks we should all be England fans first and Villa fans second. I wouldn't care if Southgate picked 11 bluenoses so long as they played well and won the tournament !

Shocked Baby GIF

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, WHY said:

So you think a player who plays CL football regularly doesn’t stand a better chance of becoming a regular starter as opposed to a player who isn’t? Do you think Mount would start ahead of him if their club teams were reversed, not a chance!

If a player is a CL regular then chances are he’s a very good player so will obviously be in international contention.

But Southgate doesn’t pick players based on club or media hype, quite the opposite in fact. Jack playing for us actually helps his level of hype because he’s the big fish who carries the team. It’s also very apparent how rubbish we are without him.

How much Jack plays for England is 100% down to the player, not the club he plays for. This whining from fans saying otherwise is illogical and tedious.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

Foden, Chilwell, James, all play for suppodesly big clubs, and aren't playing.

If i am being honest, SJG and Foden are our best footballers, and will play well together, Sterling, and i am not  fan, has done enough to keep his place. Despite Jenis the Penis, and St Rio over the top praise, Sancho is a work in progress, and Mount, is good , but not as good as SJG and Foden.

For me, and i was quite happy to see GS have a word with Jack on the final whistle, if we are to win it, we need SJG and Foden in the 1st team.

Thought Henderson and Bellingham looked better than Rice and Phillips as well.

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

If a player is a CL regular then chances are he’s a very good player so will obviously be in international contention.

But Southgate doesn’t pick players based on club or media hype, quite the opposite in fact. Jack playing for us actually helps his level of hype because he’s the big fish who carries the team. It’s also very apparent how rubbish we are without him.

How much Jack plays for England is 100% down to the player, not the club he plays for. This whining from fans saying otherwise is illogical and tedious.

I disagree and for the record I’m not whining, I bow down to your greater judgement.

As a Villa and Grealish fan it's hard not to get angry and exhibit irrational opinions because of his lack of game time (I have argued with friends and family members all who think Gareth can do no wrong and that Gary Neville's opinions are important).

Especially when Mount, Foden have done so little when given the opportunity in this tournament, even though Saka and Sancho have had their moments where they have looked good they haven't actually contributed anything meaningful.

But you can't argue with the results so far (Scotland game aside).

I hope part of it is Gareth managing Jack's injury and the squad overall and that he will be involved against Denmark.

At one stage Jack didn't even look like he would recover in time to be picked and to be fair despite only a handful of appearences at the end of the season mostly from the subs bench, Gareth still picked him.

Not contradicting or devaluing anyone's opinions on here, i personally have just reached a point where enjoying England playing and progressing has to be more important than getting angry about Jack, otherwise the whole Euros becomes tainted.

• Like 2

Quite happy with last night.

In reality Grealish will still be getting over the shin injury from last week; resting him last night was a clever move. He should now be fresh for the last two games of the tournament without risking a reoccurrence of the injury.

42 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I dare not even try to imagine what the kid saw, I'm hoping it was a smashed up burger or a picture of Shirley Temple.

He read an opinion that Mount is better than Grealish at anything.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Seriously? 

I doubt there is anyone on here who hasn't posted an opinion that turned out to be wrong. 

Aside from that, I have literally no idea what they’re on about. I don’t remember going to bat particularly for Tom Fox, although I did think for a time he was yet another Randy Lerner fall guy. He quite obviously turned out to be a word removed. Que sera 

Yet still, quite what relevance any of that has to me thinking Mason Mount is a better presser of the ball and more suited to playing centrally under Southgate given his system of choice, Lord only knows. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Aside from that, I have literally no idea what they’re on about. I don’t remember going to bat particularly for Tom Fox, although I did think for a time he was yet another Randy Lerner fall guy. He quite obviously turned out to be a word removed. Que sera 

Yet still, quite what relevance any of that has to me thinking Mason Mount is a better presser of the ball and more suited to playing centrally under Southgate given his system of choice, Lord only knows. 

There isn't any. It was a very strange point to make in response. I suspect that's because there wasn't anything valid to throw at you about the point you were making. 

• Thanks 1

At his best, Mount is capable of offering more defensively than Grealish tends to. I think that's irrelevant personally, because firstly, he looks miles from his best, and secondly we've got two **** DMs every game, so let the attacking players do their job.

It's laughable how much people will deny a competing player offering *anything* slightly more than Jack even if you acknowledge Grealish's all-round game is better, though. I'm half surprised we don't have people wanting him to start ahead of Pickford. What the **** do you mean he's a better keeper? Jack's the best player in the whole **** world. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â