The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Fact is a below par Jack had done more in an England shirt than many other England regulars so far this tournament. He's put himself in the frame for the big game next Tuesday and that's all that matters. He hasnt ever let England down when called upon. If Southgate reverts to type and things don't go well he will look a fool and he knows it. Massive pressure on him to get Jack involved again along with Saka. 

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I can't stand half of this England team TBH. Only player worth watching is Jack. I noticed how balloon ego Henderson practically shunned him as they were in the tunnel at HT. May have just been me but i swear he cold shouldered him for a moment. Not naming names but there are several players i can't stand in this England set up purely down to their self centered, over inflated ego's. Of course they can play but the attitudes overshadow that for me.

You're all mental

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

England players seem envious of Jack and their massive egos cannot understand it.

He's a better player than all of them and he is handsome.

In comparison Rashford is s*** and looks like some big-nosed, Soul offspring of Southgate.

Sterling seems to run into trouble most of the time.

The only player with the same ability as Jack is Phil Foden.

Mental

In the first half last night, the commentator on German TV made a comment that the ref was constantly standing in the middle of the attacking formation for both sides i.e. in the no. 10 position or between the player and the no. 10, thus was forcing the play wide because he was in the way essentially. The analyst at half-time agreed with him. Maybe that affected the players playing the ball to him and not the playground bullying that is being suggested here.

They make out its such a high level playing for England and even Jack seemed a bit starstruck when joining his first few camps. But he is one of the very few who looks like he belongs there when he plays. So many others dont show their club form and look out of joint. Jacks level and ceiling is higher than the lot of them.

I’ve read that whilst he was on, he covered more ground than anyone else in the England team. That’s another thing Southgate can no longer criticise him for. 
People saying he wasn’t trying to get into the box, I think that was a clear tactical play. He was staying out for the cut back so he could get a shot off. It never happened, but playing together more players like Saka will notice that and find him.

He was definitely one of England's better players. He's a joy to watch on the ball. Not sure he touched the ball second half and the game died after he did go off.

I do wonder if he's good enough off-the-ball to play CAM. He seemed lacklustre in his pressing yesterday, and rarely tried to get into the box/ run in behind. Possibly the injury/ possibly conserving energy?

Saying that, he's clearly class and should be first-name on the team-sheet at LW where he has been playing out of this world for over a year now. Southgate has taken great players who have performed at a high level for their clubs and asked them all to play a different role. It's not just Jack. Mount, Foden, Rice and Philipps all play a different role for their clubs. Bellingham has been brought on further forward than he normally plays for Dortmund too. Southgate is a depressingly defensive manager, completely devoid of flair.

23 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

In the first half last night, the commentator on German TV made a comment that the ref was constantly standing in the middle of the attacking formation for both sides i.e. in the no. 10 position or between the player and the no. 10, thus was forcing the play wide because he was in the way essentially. The analyst at half-time agreed with him. Maybe that affected the players playing the ball to him and not the playground bullying that is being suggested here.

There was a couple of times I noticed the ref completely in the way. They had to deliberately pass around him at one point.

• Like 1

The problem is Southgate, in simple terms he is incompetent and hasn't a clue how someone like Jack functions and so has no idea how to build a team that can play as a team that can destroy the opposition.

He literally brought this to a gun fight

guns missouri GIF

and used this

gun shoot GIF by S4C

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thought he was superb first half, but would be better placed out at LW. At CAM there is much more running involved, which can't be good for his shins, and it means he ends up dropping deep trying to win the ball back when England regain possession.

For me we should be going with this next game:

Kane

Grealish   Mount   Sterling

Grealish and Sterling are interchangeable and changing them mid game will cause full backs problems.

Mount can be changed for Foden; and Saka would be my first choice at RW but you just know he is undroppable by Southgate.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I do wonder if he's good enough off-the-ball to play CAM. He seemed lacklustre in his pressing yesterday, and rarely tried to get into the box/ run in behind. Possibly the injury/ possibly conserving energy?

Said this in the match thread last night, England's attack don't press they do doggies, Southgate says he wants high intensity pressing and yet we don't press as a unit

I see Jack in the middle ambling about and think yeah maybe he could press a little bit more but then I see sterling and Kane nowhere near their man, phillips and rice are so deep that there's always a Czech central midfielder in space too, there's about 5 passes on to the man with the ball

The reason grealish doesn't run his bollocks off trying to press is because he's not an absolute **** idiot 

We are awful at pressing as a team 

• Like 1

I think there are some issues re Sterling tbh. I know Jack provided the assist but I’ve noticed a number of times on how Jack has made himself available for the ball only for there to be a ponderous backwards or sideways pass only then to work it to Sterling.

1 hour ago, Cizzler said:

He was definitely one of England's better players. He's a joy to watch on the ball. Not sure he touched the ball second half and the game died after he did go off.

Saying that, he's clearly class and should be first-name on the team-sheet at LW where he has been playing out of this world for over a year now. Southgate has taken great players who have performed at a high level for their clubs and asked them all to play a different role. It's not just Jack. Mount, Foden, Rice and Philipps all play a different role for their clubs. Bellingham has been brought on further forward than he normally plays for Dortmund too. Southgate is a depressingly defensive manager, completely devoid of flair.

This.

Jack wins games but to do it he needs the ball, the team need to play through him to actually utilise his attributes.

His pressing wasn’t great (actually reminded me of Barkley at times last night jogging from player to player) but with the ball he drives the team forward, creates space and opens up defences. 

Either some of his teammates don’t view him as that main guy so rarely pass to him, or, Southgate plays them like soldiers marching around a parade square. Perfectly regimented manoeuvres that are well drilled into the team but child-like in their predictable simplicity. 

Jack is then stood around like a spare p*ick while robotball is executed perfectly around him. 

Southgate is the problem, the only way England progress from here is if the team abandon his plan as soon as the whistle goes and play football instead. 

Â