The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

The point I was clumsily trying to make was it would have to be a player they don’t want to lose, someone they wouldn’t normally sell us. Hence Billy Gilmour being named as the type of player- they would rather give us RLC for sure or Tammy - wouldn’t call them rejects but they are players we could buy if we wanted to. 

I would want Hakim Ziyech and a lot of money....

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

lol, a vid showing all Grealish's assists that werent actually scored :P

Could have really done with more from this season. It only did 5 chances from this year. I'm sure it could have been 10 or more. 

48 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Here’s the only actual evidence that matters; England 1-0 Croatia 

On that particular day the England manager got it right. He didn’t luck out, Croatia weren’t unfortunate to lose. Anyone arguing anything else is, well, a bit naive! 

Maybe. Although Grealish is a player who can transform our playing style. It's kinda depressing if we stick we with the old England style, as it will come unstuck against any good side.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Agree with this. The strange thing is on Gary Neville's podcast Kane was purring over playing with Jack, saying he feels they're on the same wavelength. You'd think if that's the case, as captain, kane woul dbe pleading with Southgate to play them together more often to build up what the England captain himself says is a 'partnership' he loves.

I mean it was a puff piece for England talking about England teammates, he's hardly gonna be chatting shit about any of the players, I didn't see the whole thing but I can't imagine he said anything negative about anyone 

On 15/06/2021 at 16:17, villalad21 said:

No i don't, and i also don't think Grealish offers what Sterling and Sancho offers.

Southgate will pick the team he feels are more likely to win him the game.

Grealish will get his chance, it's up to him to grab it.

Like MOTM performances for England, that sort of thing perhaps?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Like MOTM performances for England, that sort of thing perhaps?

Games are won by goals and assists. Not by looking pretty.

Thought he looked average in the friendlies if i'm being honest by his standards. Looked good against Belgium.

But he need to back it up with goals and assists otherwise it's just pretty on the eye stuff. He is a forward player, he needs to get goals, and hopefully he does exactly that when he gets his chance.

Man United fan who is a friend of mine thinks Grealish is going to them. I told him not to be so silly as he will eventually go to a good team.

57 minutes ago, striker said:

Man United fan who is a friend of mine thinks Grealish is going to them. I told him not to be so silly as he will eventually go to a good team.

He's already at a good team.

He already is a good team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Games are won by goals and assists. Not by looking pretty.

Thought he looked average in the friendlies if i'm being honest by his standards. Looked good against Belgium.

But he need to back it up with goals and assists otherwise it's just pretty on the eye stuff. He is a forward player, he needs to get goals, and hopefully he does exactly that when he gets his chance.

He did play a big part in both goals in the friendlies. He makes things happen. We will need him if we are to go all the way. 

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He did play a big part in both goals in the friendlies. He makes things happen. We will need him if we are to go all the way. 

He is a forward player.

He needs to get goals and assists. There is no way around it.

And as i said hopefully he will do it when given the chance

3 hours ago, weedman said:

I mean it was a puff piece for England talking about England teammates, he's hardly gonna be chatting shit about any of the players, I didn't see the whole thing but I can't imagine he said anything negative about anyone 

He had genuine enthusiasm when talking about Jack tbf

Watching Italy for the last couple of games, I cannot help but wonder if England should be playing jack in a similar role to how Italy play Insigne?! He's the puppet master in that team. All over the pitch linking everyone up. Class player to watch and wears his socks low.....Another Jack wannabe lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Take with a pinch of salt.  Heard through a reliable friend who works with data geeks at a PL club that Grealish to City is done, and that most clubs are in the know about it given the domino effect between clubs for transfers etc.  May explain our bid for ESR and getting in Buendia early etc, but I do hope it doesn't happen.  

• Haha 2

Â